Old 09-06-2007, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default New to this Newsgroup

"David (Normandy)" writes
One thing you may wish to look at is killing crossposts as much of the
'static' on this and many newsgroups is made to multiple groups.

--
Robert

Is there a newsreader that allows you to automatically delete all
crossposted messages? It isn't possible in Outlook Express. That would get
rid of most of the off topic troll rubbish.

I can kill crossposts in Turnpike - I can automatically not download
posts crossposted to more than 1,2,3 ... groups
--
Kay
Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 9, 10:38 pm, Robert wrote:
In message .com,
" writesOn Jun 9, 8:52 pm, Robert wrote:
I have use* the wonderful steam powered Turnpike - it allows me to set a
limit on the number of cross posts and anything which hits the limit
e.g. 3 newsgroups, is flagged as 'uninteresting' (recently I have set it
to 2).
* I have tried Agent, Gemini, TB and even OE, but always reverted to
Turnpike.

Robert, is it possible to use Turnpike without subscribing to Demon?

Yes - I left Demon after one of their more momentous failures towards
the end of the last century. You would need to buy a 'universal
licence' from Demon. There is a support newsgroup which still exists -
demon.ip.support.turpike - which may be worth having a look at. There
used to be a few quite helpful types who could advise on the more
eccentric aspects of TP.

--
Robert

Right, I will buy the Universal licence as I quite like Turnpike, it's
better than Googling!!! The problem will be installing it, I always
have a problem with installing anything and usually go off in a huff
after kicking the computer a few times.

Judith

Old 09-06-2007, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 9, 10:57 pm, K wrote:

I can kill crossposts in Turnpike - I can automatically not download
posts crossposted to more than 1,2,3 ... groups

I like the "Remove Thread" or ""Don't download any more articles from
xxxx"

I will have to make an effort to get to grips with installing
Turnpike.

Judith

Old 09-06-2007, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message . com,
" writes
On Jun 9, 10:57 pm, K wrote:

I can kill crossposts in Turnpike - I can automatically not download
posts crossposted to more than 1,2,3 ... groups

I like the "Remove Thread" or ""Don't download any more articles from
xxxx"

I will have to make an effort to get to grips with installing
Turnpike.

Hey, it's not that bad :-)

The current version is 6.06, it doesn't work properly on Vista, in case
that's a consideration (there is an as yet non public version that
apparently does)
--
Chris French

Old 10-06-2007, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
A bit of a side track. I know how to kill file but is there the opposite?
Can I highlight messages from posters who are good!

It depends on what you use to read Usenet, in some you can yes. Looking at
the headers of your message you are using Mozilla? I'm not sure if you can
when you use that but you certainly can in outlook express.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 20:52:53 +0100, Robert
wrote:

In message , "David (Normandy)"
writes
One thing you may wish to look at is killing crossposts as much of the
'static' on this and many newsgroups is made to multiple groups.

--
Robert

Is there a newsreader that allows you to automatically delete all
crossposted messages? It isn't possible in Outlook Express. That would get
rid of most of the off topic troll rubbish.

I have use* the wonderful steam powered Turnpike - it allows me to set a
limit on the number of cross posts and anything which hits the limit
e.g. 3 newsgroups, is flagged as 'uninteresting' (recently I have set it
to 2).
* I have tried Agent, Gemini, TB and even OE, but always reverted to
Turnpike.

That explains why you're such a dick!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 14:07:04 -0700, "
wrote:

On Jun 9, 8:52 pm, Robert wrote:
I have use* the wonderful steam powered Turnpike - it allows me to set a
limit on the number of cross posts and anything which hits the limit
e.g. 3 newsgroups, is flagged as 'uninteresting' (recently I have set it
to 2).
* I have tried Agent, Gemini, TB and even OE, but always reverted to
Turnpike.

Robert, is it possible to use Turnpike without subscribing to Demon?

Only if you're desperate.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 22:27:43 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

In message .com,
" writes
On Jun 9, 8:52 pm, Robert wrote:
I have use* the wonderful steam powered Turnpike - it allows me to set a
limit on the number of cross posts and anything which hits the limit
e.g. 3 newsgroups, is flagged as 'uninteresting' (recently I have set it
to 2).
* I have tried Agent, Gemini, TB and even OE, but always reverted to
Turnpike.

Robert, is it possible to use Turnpike without subscribing to Demon?

Judith

Yes. You have to buy a license for it.

http://www.demon.net/demon/products/...cess/turnpike/

Oh look the sock puppet Robert has let his socks slip!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi

I am Mark, live in Norfolk, new to this Newsgroup.

Can't help noticing that the posts are diluted by cross posting trolls
on non gardening matters.
To save me time who are the names to 'block'. Just incase I accidently
read their crap.
Jim Webster you have been evicted! see, I've made a start already!

Will return only on gardening matters.

mark

Hello...Mark....I don't belong to this group..I mainly post in 'Seniors'
Groups...I may drop in sometime as this looks a good group..EXCEPT for the
Trolling X-Posters...

Now why I have identified myself is just for that reason..X-Posting
Trolls...If you look into Aunt Sally (Who I wouldn't know from Adam ..in
this case Eve with a name like Sally ) "1918 virus WAS bird flu..."...You
will notice that I have also X-Posted as well !!..It is a practice I never
do, unless someone (followed by many others) X-Posts to one of my
groups...It does not help if I don't X-Post back ..minus my group....In
this case ,I am from... uk.people.silversurfers.... I wanted all to see that
we DO NOT appreciate X-Posters in the group....

So if you see my name their, Please don't kill-file me as I may want to come
in and join here sometime :-))

By the way, I come from Sydney, Australia... I am a widower (67) and have 3
kids and 4 Grandkids.(God's Gifts)....

Enjoy the group, Mark and others regulars here :-)

Bigbazza (Barry) The Youngster from Oz...

(PS... I hope this post makes sense to all )

Old 10-06-2007, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:57:18 +1000, "Bigbazza"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi

I am Mark, live in Norfolk, new to this Newsgroup.

Can't help noticing that the posts are diluted by cross posting trolls
on non gardening matters.
To save me time who are the names to 'block'. Just incase I accidently
read their crap.
Jim Webster you have been evicted! see, I've made a start already!

Will return only on gardening matters.

mark

Hello...Mark....I don't belong to this group..I mainly post in 'Seniors'
Groups...I may drop in sometime as this looks a good group..EXCEPT for the
Trolling X-Posters...

Now why I have identified myself is just for that reason..

I don't think we really care who you are you silly old fart, actions
speak louder than words, and your irrelevant crossposting, netkopping
marks you as an arsehole!

Old 10-06-2007, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 9, 11:41 pm, chris French
wrote:
In message . com,
" writes

On Jun 9, 10:57 pm, K wrote:

I can kill crossposts in Turnpike - I can automatically not download
posts crossposted to more than 1,2,3 ... groups

I like the "Remove Thread" or ""Don't download any more articles from
xxxx"

I will have to make an effort to get to grips with installing
Turnpike.

Hey, it's not that bad :-)

The current version is 6.06, it doesn't work properly on Vista, in case
that's a consideration (there is an as yet non public version that
apparently does)
--
Chris French

Chris, you have met me so you know just how bad I am with
technology!!!! I am getting confused, I shall have to get someone
in.

Judith

Old 10-06-2007, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 10, 12:57 pm, "Bigbazza" wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message

[...]

(PS... I hope this post makes sense to all )- Hide quoted text -

Hi Big Bazza, don't disappear, stay here, we have a few from Oz and I
find them interesting, tell us what is your favourite meal?

Judith

Old 10-06-2007, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mark" wrote in message

[...]

Judith- Hide quoted text -

Idiot, that's what I am, I thought I was posting in the food group!!!
o.k. retrace - tell us about your garden!

Judith

Old 10-06-2007, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Bigbazza" contains
these words:

Hello...Mark....I don't belong to this group..I mainly post in
'Seniors' Groups...I may drop in sometime as this looks a good
group..EXCEPT for the Trolling X-Posters...

Now why I have identified myself is just for that reason..X-Posting
Trolls...If you look into Aunt Sally (Who I wouldn't know from Adam
..in this case Eve with a name like Sally ) "1918 virus WAS bird
flu..." You will notice that I have also X-Posted as well !! It is
a practice I never do, unless someone (followed by many others)
X-Posts to one of my groups...It does not help if I don't X-Post
back, minus my group. In this case, I am from uk.people.silversurfers
I wanted all to see that we DO NOT appreciate X-Posters in the group....

So if you see my name their, Please don't kill-file me as I may want
to come in and join here sometime :-))

Well, I might kill-file you, just for the hell of it!

By the way, I come from Sydney, Australia... I am a widower (67) and
have 3 kids and 4 Grandkids.(God's Gifts)....

Enjoy the group, Mark and others regulars here :-)

Bigbazza (Barry) The Youngster from Oz...
(PS... I hope this post makes sense to all)

...only because I know you! G What d'you know about UK gardening,
anyhow?

--
AnneJ

Well,Why don't you KF me then, Anne !.. And take that Webster fool with you
as well..

Bigbazza

Old 10-06-2007, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Bigbazza" contains
these words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

So if you see my name their, Please don't kill-file me as I may
want to come in and join here sometime :-))

Well, I might kill-file you, just for the hell of it!

By the way, I come from Sydney, Australia. I am a widower (67)
and have 3 kids and 4 Grandkids.(God's Gifts)....

Enjoy the group, Mark and others regulars here :-)

Well,Why don't you KF me then, Anne! And take that Webster fool
with you as well..

You surely know me well enough to know that I was pulling your leg!

--
AnneJ

:-))...And I was pulling your's at the same time, Luv....Except for that
Rude Idiot, Webster ....

I am feeling a little depressed at the moment, Anne, over my Son, who has
been in hospital for going on 2 weeks and will be discharged from the
hospital and into, anywhere up to 6 months, convalescing... I hate being
alone in the house for such a long period..I do have a little compensation
though tonight as my 'Alyssa' is sleeping with me here tonight....She is a
real treasure, Anne :-)..I have slipped downstairs to the computer for a
few mins as she is well asleep now...It is now 1 32 AM Monday Morning here

Bigbazza (Barry) Oz