Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New to this Newsgroup

Hi

I am Mark, live in Norfolk, new to this Newsgroup.

Can't help noticing that the posts are diluted by cross posting trolls on
non gardening matters.
To save me time who are the names to 'block'. Just incase I accidently read
their crap.
Jim Webster you have been evicted! see, I've made a start already!

Will return only on gardening matters.

mark

Old 09-06-2007, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 9, 11:04 am, "Mark" wrote:
Hi

I am Mark, live in Norfolk, new to this Newsgroup.

Hello Mark, I'm Judith and I live in Norfolk (Sounds like Blind date!)

Welcome to urg where everyone who has an interest in gardening is made
very welcome. It doesn't matter how small or expert your knowledge
is. If, like me, you know little, there is lots to learn and amongst
us there are many experts. You will soon learn whose advice to trust
and whose to disregard because as with all groups we have a couple who
think they know it all and in an effort to be helpful, they rush in
and give bad advice. So to answer your question, don't killfile
anyone, wait and see what everyone in this group has to offer and then
make up your own mind.

However, if you lurk for a while, you will see the same names coming
up, those whose advice is to be relied upon, it becomes apparent very
quickly.

Judith

Old 09-06-2007, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message om,
" writes
On Jun 9, 11:04 am, "Mark" wrote:
[...]

Mark, welcome to urg. I agree with Judith - wait a while before making
additions to your killfile. As a matter of interest the 'Jim Webster'
posts appearing here recently are being made by Pete using one of his
many personas. Pete is a supporter of animal rights who frequents many
newsgroups including uk.business.agriculture where he and a farmer by
the name of Jim Webster have frequent disagreements.

One thing you may wish to look at is killing crossposts as much of the
'static' on this and many newsgroups is made to multiple groups.

--
Robert
Old 09-06-2007, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New to this Newsgroup [email protected]

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 13:30:57 +0100, The penis we know as Robert
dribbled:

In message om,
" writes
On Jun 9, 11:04 am, "Mark" wrote:
[...]

I'm nobhead
I agree with
- wait a while before making
additions to your killfile. As a matter of interest the
'
posts appearing here recently are being made by
using one of his
personas.
is a supporter of animal rights who frequents many
including uk.business.agriculture where he and a farmer by
the name of
have frequent disagreements.

One thing you may wish to look at
killing crossposts much of the
'static' on
and many is made to groups.

I have been trying to email you to dispel these trolling lies, but
cant seem to get through.

Is the email correct?

Old 09-06-2007, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Robert wrote:
In message om,
" writes
On Jun 9, 11:04 am, "Mark" wrote:
[...]

A bit of a side track. I know how to kill file but is there the
opposite? Can I highlight messages from posters who are good!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 9, 11:04 am, "Mark" wrote:
Hi

I am Mark, live in Norfolk, new to this Newsgroup.

Hello Mark, I'm Judith and I live in Norfolk (Sounds like Blind date!)

Welcome to urg where everyone who has an interest in gardening is made
very welcome.

Welcome Mark, I'm Mike and used to live in Norfolk up to 3 years ago. Don't
let the Mattishall domain confuse you I just dragged a little bit of Norfolk
up to North Yorkshire with me.

Mike

Old 09-06-2007, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

One thing you may wish to look at is killing crossposts as much of the
'static' on this and many newsgroups is made to multiple groups.

--
Robert

Is there a newsreader that allows you to automatically delete all
crossposted messages? It isn't possible in Outlook Express. That would get
rid of most of the off topic troll rubbish.

David.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 17:43:22 +0100, Broadback wrote:

A bit of a side track. I know how to kill file but is there the
opposite? Can I highlight messages from posters who are good!

Hi Broadback,yes,lots of newsreaders use "scoring". Scoring is a filter
that works both ways,deletes and highlights.
40tude Dialog and Xnews both have this feature.

--
Regards From
Wane Smooth

Help feed the Hungry,goto
http://www.thehungersite.com
It's Free!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 19:01:53 +0200, David (Normandy) wrote:

One thing you may wish to look at is killing crossposts as much of the
'static' on this and many newsgroups is made to multiple groups.

--
Robert

Is there a newsreader that allows you to automatically delete all
crossposted messages? It isn't possible in Outlook Express. That would get
rid of most of the off topic troll rubbish.

David.

Hi David,yes 40tude Dialog will do this.
http://www.40tude.com/dialog/
Perhaps I should use it more. ;o)

--
Regards From
Wane Smooth

Help feed the Hungry,goto
http://www.thehungersite.com
It's Free!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , "David (Normandy)"
writes
One thing you may wish to look at is killing crossposts as much of the
'static' on this and many newsgroups is made to multiple groups.

--
Robert

Is there a newsreader that allows you to automatically delete all
crossposted messages? It isn't possible in Outlook Express. That would get
rid of most of the off topic troll rubbish.

I have use* the wonderful steam powered Turnpike - it allows me to set a
limit on the number of cross posts and anything which hits the limit
e.g. 3 newsgroups, is flagged as 'uninteresting' (recently I have set it
to 2).
* I have tried Agent, Gemini, TB and even OE, but always reverted to
Turnpike.

--
Robert
Old 09-06-2007, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 9, 8:52 pm, Robert wrote:
I have use* the wonderful steam powered Turnpike - it allows me to set a
limit on the number of cross posts and anything which hits the limit
e.g. 3 newsgroups, is flagged as 'uninteresting' (recently I have set it
to 2).
* I have tried Agent, Gemini, TB and even OE, but always reverted to
Turnpike.

Robert, is it possible to use Turnpike without subscribing to Demon?

Judith

Old 09-06-2007, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message .com,
" writes
On Jun 9, 8:52 pm, Robert wrote:
I have use* the wonderful steam powered Turnpike - it allows me to set a
limit on the number of cross posts and anything which hits the limit
e.g. 3 newsgroups, is flagged as 'uninteresting' (recently I have set it
to 2).
* I have tried Agent, Gemini, TB and even OE, but always reverted to
Turnpike.

Robert, is it possible to use Turnpike without subscribing to Demon?

Judith

Yes. You have to buy a license for it.

http://www.demon.net/demon/products/...cess/turnpike/
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 09-06-2007, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 9, 10:27 pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

Yes. You have to buy a license for it.

Thank you for that. I have a Demon account which expires in December
and I am not renewing it. I also have Turnpike on that account. Can
I still use my copy of Turnpike after I cease using the account
without a further fee?

Judith

Old 09-06-2007, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message .com,
" writes
On Jun 9, 8:52 pm, Robert wrote:
I have use* the wonderful steam powered Turnpike - it allows me to set a
limit on the number of cross posts and anything which hits the limit
e.g. 3 newsgroups, is flagged as 'uninteresting' (recently I have set it
to 2).
* I have tried Agent, Gemini, TB and even OE, but always reverted to
Turnpike.

Robert, is it possible to use Turnpike without subscribing to Demon?

Yes - I left Demon after one of their more momentous failures towards
the end of the last century. You would need to buy a 'universal
licence' from Demon. There is a support newsgroup which still exists -
demon.ip.support.turpike - which may be worth having a look at. There
used to be a few quite helpful types who could advise on the more
eccentric aspects of TP.

--
Robert