Old 25-06-2007, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT query - allergic reaction

Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't normally get
them? I'm suffering a bit with my eyes and have never, ever had hay fever
in my life. They've been watery and a little itchy and the pharmacist told
me that they've seen a lot of people this year who've never had complaints
before. It's not an infection, apparently, just a reaction.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 25-06-2007, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't normally
get
them?

--
Sacha

I've never had hay-fever or any allergies in my life, but over the last
couple of months had lots of sudden unexpected violent sneezes. Runner bean
foliage has also become a new problem - it makes my arms itch.

David

Old 25-06-2007, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/6/07 14:38, in article , "David
(Normandy)" wrote:

Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't normally
get
them?

I've never had hay-fever or any allergies in my life, but over the last
couple of months had lots of sudden unexpected violent sneezes. Runner bean
foliage has also become a new problem - it makes my arms itch.

David
(Don't know why but when I hit 'Reply' your msg. wouldn't show up on my
screen.)

I have had the sneezes, too and with no apparent rhyme or reason to it. I
sneeze 7 or 8 times and it's over!

Old 25-06-2007, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't normally
get
them? I'm suffering a bit with my eyes and have never, ever had hay fever
in my life. They've been watery and a little itchy and the pharmacist
told
me that they've seen a lot of people this year who've never had complaints
before. It's not an infection, apparently, just a reaction.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

Yes, that's a me too and I know dozens of similar occurrences amongst
friends and family.
One theory is that there are lots of new foreign creepy crawlies and
associated droppings around, and lots of new pollens from the weird exotic
stuff that is flowing in.

I blame global warming and the lack of rain:-)

Old 25-06-2007, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
(Normandy)" wrote:

Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't normally
get
them?

I've never had hay-fever or any allergies in my life, but over the last
couple of months had lots of sudden unexpected violent sneezes. Runner bean
foliage has also become a new problem - it makes my arms itch.

David
(Don't know why but when I hit 'Reply' your msg. wouldn't show up on my
screen.)

I have had the sneezes, too and with no apparent rhyme or reason to it. I
sneeze 7 or 8 times and it's over!

He'd misformatted so that his message (and your signature as quoted by
him) appeared to be a signature. Many newsreaders, yours presumably
included, don't incorporate signatures into the quoted material for a
reply.

(I can't help you with the allergy question, 'cos I've been suffering
from hayfever for decades, but it hasn't seemed a particularly bad
season - I did worry that the April weather might have encouraged the
grass to be overexuberant, but there's been so much wet, overcast
weather since ...)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 25-06-2007, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't
normally get them? I'm suffering a bit with my eyes and have never,
ever had hay fever in my life. They've been watery and a little
itchy and the pharmacist told me that they've seen a lot of people
this year who've never had complaints before. It's not an infection,
apparently, just a reaction.

My littl'un gets one bout a year (has done for two years now) from rape.
There's a field next door, it only happens when it starts to go yellow.

Mind you, I was sneezing yesterday like a sneezy thing, but I put it down to
spending hours planting and stuff outside in the rain.

Old 25-06-2007, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"adder1969" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 25, 2:23 pm, Sacha wrote:
Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't normally
get
them? I'm suffering a bit with my eyes and have never, ever had hay
fever
in my life. They've been watery and a little itchy and the pharmacist
told
me that they've seen a lot of people this year who've never had
complaints
before. It's not an infection, apparently, just a reaction.

Yes!!

me too sneezing mostly but not too bad

kate

Old 25-06-2007, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 25/6/07 14:38, in article ,

"David
(Normandy)" wrote:

Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't

normally
get
them?

I've never had hay-fever or any allergies in my life, but over the last
couple of months had lots of sudden unexpected violent sneezes. Runner

bean
foliage has also become a new problem - it makes my arms itch.

David
(Don't know why but when I hit 'Reply' your msg. wouldn't show up on my
screen.)

I have had the sneezes, too and with no apparent rhyme or reason to it. I
sneeze 7 or 8 times and it's over!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

My mother at 80 has suddenly become asthmatic, her GP says it is becoming
quite common to develop allergies later in life (apparently due to the
onslaught of chemicals in household cleaning products and various scents
they put in everything??)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall on a flooded slope!
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 25-06-2007, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't normally get
them? I'm suffering a bit with my eyes and have never, ever had hay fever
in my life. They've been watery and a little itchy and the pharmacist told
me that they've seen a lot of people this year who've never had complaints
before. It's not an infection, apparently, just a reaction.

Whilst I do suffer a slight hey fever reaction at certain times of year,
it is much worse this year!
Beryl

Old 25-06-2007, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" contains these words:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Well you can't blame lack of rain now!! I don't think it has stopped
for more than a few minutes for the last 4/5 days here!

Beryl - in a very wet Cheshire.
Old 25-06-2007, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't
normally get
them? I'm suffering a bit with my eyes and have never, ever had hay
fever
in my life. They've been watery and a little itchy and the pharmacist
told
me that they've seen a lot of people this year who've never had
complaints
before. It's not an infection, apparently, just a reaction.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

You'll soon feel better now Bliar and Prescott are out. )

Old 25-06-2007, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I have suffered hay fever for a number of years - usually around June time -
this year touch wood no symptoms at all.
However have recently been diagnosed as asthmatic after a 6 day stay in
hospital december last year.
It may be the inhaler that contains steroids that help me in what would have
been a very sneezy June.

In message , Sacha
writes
On 25/6/07 14:38, in article ,

Old 25-06-2007, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote after
"David (Normandy)" wrote:

Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't normally
get
them?

I've never had hay-fever or any allergies in my life, but over the last
couple of months had lots of sudden unexpected violent sneezes. Runner
bean
foliage has also become a new problem - it makes my arms itch.

David
(Don't know why but when I hit 'Reply' your msg. wouldn't show up on my
screen.)

I have had the sneezes, too and with no apparent rhyme or reason to it. I
sneeze 7 or 8 times and it's over!

I have always get that when I eat 70%+ Chocolate as did my father.
Doesn't stop me though. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 25-06-2007, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 25, 2:23 pm, Sacha wrote:
Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't normally get
them? I'm suffering a bit with my eyes and have never, ever had hay fever
in my life. They've been watery and a little itchy and the pharmacist told
me that they've seen a lot of people this year who've never had complaints
before. It's not an infection, apparently, just a reaction.

This year for the first time, I have suffered from symptoms just as
you describe above. Edward tells me that I have become sensitive to
pollen. I also have a small difficulty with breathing occasionally
and I am just hoping that I am not becoming asthmatic in my old age.

Judith