Old 28-06-2007, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Echinacea?

On 28 Jun, 11:25, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
No. How did the chewing gum cross the road?

T'was stuck on the chicken's foot.

Old 28-06-2007, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

On 28 Jun, 11:25, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
No. How did the chewing gum cross the road?

T'was stuck on the chicken's foot.

And with that, I'm off.

Should've guessed.

Old 28-06-2007, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28 Jun, 11:08, Martin wrote:
A second hand Penguin Cookery Book?

He's not a book fan. But why Penguin?! There's a book around for kids
called something like 'Recipe for Teens' ... Someone mentioned it to
me but I've never really looked.

Atm I'm trying to get him to help me at the lotty - I was there at 8pm
last night and because of the rain the grass has grown so much and I
need some help seriously. I've lost a bed of onions because the chards
and sorrels have grown huge and folded over the onions - all rotten.
Peas are doing fabulously this year, curiously, as well as broadbeans
which are not ready yet, spuds are flowering (incidentally the flowers
of the pink fir are lovely). I harvested 5 punnets of strawbs, red
berries, black currants, yellow berries and raspberries. See ... all
cremed fraiched ... delicious )

http://cjoint.com/?gCmTarf5AM

Old 28-06-2007, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:40:08 -0700, La Puce wrote:

On 28 Jun, 10:33, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
You have to *open* the tin? What, yourself?
I think Rosalind was preempting Delia's "how to cook" series, many years
beforehand. I actually know people who wouldn't have the foggiest idea
how
to cook baked beans, boil an egg, or even grill bacon.
I blame Starbucks :-)

My 17 teen went on the internet to make sure he was frying an egg
properly (and safely) and found Delia's 'basic' cooking guide
wonderful. I know what he's getting for xmas. Poor lad ;o)

A second hand Penguin Cookery Book?
--

Martin

I wonder if penguins taste like chicken?

Old 28-06-2007, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28 Jun, 11:58, Martin wrote:
Because it is simplest, cheapest, cookery book ever produced and covers just
about everything that he is ever likely to want to cook. It assumes zero cookery
knowledge. Second hand bookshops are full of them. Whole generations have learnt
to cook using a copy. We saw a copy at a car boot sale, that had samples of what
had been cooked stuck to each page.

) Excellent. Will look for it then. Thanks.

Old 28-06-2007, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:52:28 +0200, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:
You have to *open* the tin? What, yourself?
I think Rosalind was preempting Delia's "how to cook" series, many
years
beforehand. I actually know people who wouldn't have the foggiest idea
how
to cook baked beans, boil an egg, or even grill bacon.
I blame Starbucks :-)

My 17 teen went on the internet to make sure he was frying an egg
properly (and safely) and found Delia's 'basic' cooking guide
wonderful. I know what he's getting for xmas. Poor lad ;o)

A second hand Penguin Cookery Book?
--

Martin

I wonder if penguins taste like chicken?

You stupid man! It's aimed at second hand penguins wanting to learn to
cook.
--

Martin

Sorry. From the way they are dressed I thought they were training to be
waiters.

David.

Old 29-06-2007, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Uncle Marvo" contains these
words:
, I, Marvo, say :
wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:40:08 -0700, La Puce
wrote:
On 28 Jun, 10:33, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
You have to *open* the tin? What, yourself?
I think Rosalind was preempting Delia's "how to cook" series,
many years
beforehand. I actually know people who wouldn't have the
foggiest idea how
to cook baked beans, boil an egg, or even grill bacon.
I blame Starbucks :-)

Sorry to back track a bit on this one, but I have not had chance to
follow it for a while.

When my eldest son was about 5yrs I was away from home for a few days.
He decided to 'help' dad with the tea for himself and siblings - he
carefully opened a large can of baked beans and tipped them into a
saucepan - then topped the pan up almost to the top with water! Well,
he had watched me cooking lots of times and of course when you 'cook'
something like potatoes or carrots you add water to the pan and bring it
to the boil. Naturally it was the last tin of beans in the cupboard!
Dad managed to rescue them, up to a point, but it was beans with no
sauce that night ) He has never lived that down
Beryl
Old 29-06-2007, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:40:08 -0700, La Puce
wrote:

On 28 Jun, 10:33, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
[...]

A good point.
Bloody upstarts!

Actually, penguins taste a little like chard.

Depends how long you cook them.

Doesn't cooking them melt the chocolate?

Fried Mars bars seem to be ok!

Echinacea (Purple Magnus) and Slugs Steve Gardening 1 24-02-2005 11:43 PM
echinacea eaten Andrea Iles Australia 0 02-04-2003 01:32 AM
Echinacea 'Razzmatazz' - one ex Wayside employee J Kolenovsky Gardening 3 25-01-2003 03:16 PM
Echinacea 'Razzmatazz' Tom Gardening 1 25-01-2003 04:03 AM
Soil for echinacea Purp' HaaRoy United Kingdom 1 23-12-2002 09:41 PM