Old 27-06-2007, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Echinacea?

On 27 Jun, 12:13, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
Bon apres-midi, ma belle :-)

Bonjour mon beau )

Beer is not *just* a breakfast drink.

It's for life ... I know.

There is no life without garlic. Most meals should have garlic in them, and
the quantity of other ingredients should never exceed the quantity of
garlic.

Absolument.

I have an excellent breast-of-chicken recipe which calls for four *head* of
garlic. Not four cloves. It is superb, and you don't even need to peel them.
It came from the writer Rosalind Buttered-Crumpet
(http://backtrack.org/rbc/) who is a genius cook, though not perhaps to
everyone's tastes.

Uncle, this is priceless. Thank you. I've forwarded it to a few great
cook friends. I'm sure they will love the Haricots a la Sauce Tomate.
Where did you find this culinary gem?!

Old 27-06-2007, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 27, 9:27 am, Emery Davis wrote:

My wife's been taking it in winter for years, only break by oncologist's advice
during a recent bout with cancer.

Emery lots of love to you and your wife, I am thinking of you.

Judith

Old 27-06-2007, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:42:09 -0700
" wrote:

On Jun 27, 9:27 am, Emery Davis wrote:

My wife's been taking it in winter for years, only break by oncologist's advice
during a recent bout with cancer.

Emery lots of love to you and your wife, I am thinking of you.

Thanks Judith! As I said all seems well for now. The echinacea is
flowing once again, beurk.

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Old 27-06-2007, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 27, 7:18 pm, Emery Davis wrote:

Thanks Judith! As I said all seems well for now. The echinacea is
flowing once again, beurk.

Don't knock it!!!!

Judith

Old 27-06-2007, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:13:23 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:

There is no life without garlic. Most meals should have garlic in them, and
the quantity of other ingredients should never exceed the quantity of
garlic.

I have an excellent breast-of-chicken recipe which calls for four *head* of
garlic. Not four cloves. It is superb, and you don't even need to peel them.
It came from the writer Rosalind Buttered-Crumpet
(http://backtrack.org/rbc/) who is a genius cook, though not perhaps to
everyone's tastes.

Please let's have the recipe then, or your version of it if "no part
of the web site should be reproduced without permission". Are you
saying equal amounts of garlic and chicken? The mind boggles!

Pam in Bristol
Old 27-06-2007, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:13:23 +0100, Uncle Marvo wrote:

, I, Marvo, say :

On 27 Jun, 11:15, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
I find if I put the requisite fifteen drops (and a few for luck) in
about half a pint of water and then gulp it all at once, as if it
were my first pint of beer of the day, I can't taste it at all.

Uncle! "... as if it was my first pint of the day ..."? When *is* your
first pint then?! Why don't you also try the test below to see if
you're taking the right dose. I'be taken Echinacea for years with
Golden Seal roots (hydrastis canadensis) and I'm convince it works.

Bon apres-midi, ma belle :-)

Beer is not *just* a breakfast drink.

[snip]

No treatment of colds would be complete without Garlic ... but that's
another story innit ;o)

(
http://backtrack.org/rbc/) who is a genius cook, though not perhaps to
everyone's tastes.

It is to my taste,Moroccan Brownies all round.
I have this image of all the regular posters......no...no...I won't go
there....sorry )
--
Regards From
Wane Smooth

Help feed the Hungry,goto
http://www.thehungersite.com
It's Free!
Old 28-06-2007, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

On 27 Jun, 12:13, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
Bon apres-midi, ma belle :-)

Bonjour mon beau )

Beer is not *just* a breakfast drink.

It's for life ... I know.

There is no life without garlic. Most meals should have garlic in
them, and the quantity of other ingredients should never exceed the
quantity of garlic.

Absolument.

I have an excellent breast-of-chicken recipe which calls for four
*head* of garlic. Not four cloves. It is superb, and you don't even
need to peel them. It came from the writer Rosalind Buttered-Crumpet
(
http://backtrack.org/rbc/) who is a genius cook, though not perhaps
to everyone's tastes.

Uncle, this is priceless. Thank you. I've forwarded it to a few great
cook friends. I'm sure they will love the Haricots a la Sauce Tomate.
Where did you find this culinary gem?!

I went to school with the lovely Rosalind (not her real name :-). She is the
nearest thing to a hippy that I know. Very talented. We shared the same
English teacher - I obviously paid no attention in class.

She writes articles for newspapers and mags, largely cookery and lifestyle
stuff, under yet another name (still not her real one). This is her old web
site. She got bored with it so I kept a copy for posterity.

She is actually an amazing cook, you haven't lived until you've taste her
homemade scones, with homemade jam and proper somerset cream.

My favourite is the doigts de poisson.

Old 28-06-2007, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

wrote:

There is no life without garlic. Most meals should have garlic in
them, and the quantity of other ingredients should never exceed the
quantity of garlic.

I have an excellent breast-of-chicken recipe which calls for four
*head* of garlic. Not four cloves. It is superb, and you don't even
need to peel them. It came from the writer Rosalind Buttered-Crumpet
(
http://backtrack.org/rbc/) who is a genius cook, though not perhaps
to everyone's tastes.

Please let's have the recipe then, or your version of it if "no part
of the web site should be reproduced without permission". Are you
saying equal amounts of garlic and chicken? The mind boggles!

Equal? No! There's far more garlic than chicken. The great thing about
garlic is that if you bake it, it loses the bite yet retains the garlicky
effect, and the skins just fall off.

I'll dig out the recipe if I can find it amongst all this other rubbish that
I hoard.

Old 28-06-2007, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27 Jun, 22:32, Pam Moore wrote:
Please let's have the recipe then, or your version of it if "no part
of the web site should be reproduced without permission". Are you
saying equal amounts of garlic and chicken? The mind boggles!

Pam, have a look on the website. It's really tongue in cheek - I mean
the Haricots Sauce Tomate recipe is on the lines of "... light the
gas, take a can opener, open a tin of baked beans, put two toast in
the toaster ... etc...." a lot of nonsense, but good fun nonsense if
you know what I mean.

Old 28-06-2007, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28 Jun, 10:33, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
You have to *open* the tin? What, yourself?
I think Rosalind was preempting Delia's "how to cook" series, many years
beforehand. I actually know people who wouldn't have the foggiest idea how
to cook baked beans, boil an egg, or even grill bacon.
I blame Starbucks :-)

My 17 teen went on the internet to make sure he was frying an egg
properly (and safely) and found Delia's 'basic' cooking guide
wonderful. I know what he's getting for xmas. Poor lad ;o)

Old 28-06-2007, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28 Jun, 10:46, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
When I have breakfast in France, doesn't matter how hungry I am, I always
find that one egg is un oeuf.

) Do you know how the chewing gum crossed the road?

Echinacea (Purple Magnus) and Slugs Steve Gardening 1 24-02-2005 11:43 PM
echinacea eaten Andrea Iles Australia 0 02-04-2003 01:32 AM
Echinacea 'Razzmatazz' - one ex Wayside employee J Kolenovsky Gardening 3 25-01-2003 03:16 PM
Echinacea 'Razzmatazz' Tom Gardening 1 25-01-2003 04:03 AM
Soil for echinacea Purp' HaaRoy United Kingdom 1 23-12-2002 09:41 PM