Old 07-07-2007, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plague of snails.

"K" wrote in message
" writes
On Jul 6, 9:39 pm, K wrote:
Mary Fisher writes

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

Have you tried to buy a skirt with pockets? Or a dress?
--

Laura Ashley do a nice cotton one with pockets Kay but I take your
point, pockets on skirts and frocks no longer exist and I don't have

It's difficult enough even with trousers. Women's trousers, at least smart
ones that you'd wear for work, tend not to have pockets.

I didn't know that. But you know that I'm not smart :-)

Like Mary, I don't carry a handbag, and by the time I've found clothes
with pockets, then found a colour that doesn't make me look washed out and
frumpish, then something which approximates to my waist and hip
measurements, you can completely forget about fashion and whether the
hemline is at the right level.

I forgot about all that fifty years ago when I started riding a bike,
seriously.

I think when I get really old and start losing my hair and growing a
moustache, I will simply pretend to be a man. Life is so much easier for
them!

I don't know, they have to contend with us :-)

Mary
--
Kay

Old 07-07-2007, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I think when I get really old and start losing my hair and growing a
moustache, I will simply pretend to be a man. Life is so much easier for
them!

I don't know, they have to contend with us :-)

Mary

No comment. The Mrs is looking over my shoulder :-)

David.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 13:25:28 +0200, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

I think when I get really old and start losing my hair and growing a
moustache, I will simply pretend to be a man. Life is so much easier
for
them!

I don't know, they have to contend with us :-)

Mary

No comment. The Mrs is looking over my shoulder :-)

Has she shaved?
--

Martin

Not since her last baby ;-)

David.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7 Jul, 12:18, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
I forgot about all that fifty years ago when I started riding a bike,
seriously.

Well, you ought to take a trip to Coppenhagen. Millions of ladies with
smart suits, skirts, handbags etc. riding their bikes every day and
looking really good. Not sure how they do it - I've got a trailler on
my bike now because I had so much to carry. As to look smart - well,
if I wash my hair before going, (don't wear helmet) once I arrive in
the office I usually end up looking like a yetti.

I think when I get really old and start losing my hair and growing a
moustache, I will simply pretend to be a man. Life is so much easier for
them!

I don't know, they have to contend with us :-)

Have you both heard of this woman in Brighton who was looking to do a
fashion show with women not shaving (everywhere). At first she was
desperate because nobody was coming forward. Before you knew it, on
the D day, lots of lovely women of all ages turned up. It was great to
see lots of hairy armpits and legs ;o) Aside, the fashion designer
turned out to be an old friend of mine. Just imagine - I yelled for my
husband to come and look at the programme!! Good to see she's done so
well. However, the clothes were all made out ... and hope you're
sitting down ... human ... HAIR!!! Oh, the irony.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 12:05:30 +0100, K wrote:

JennyC writes

"K" wrote in message
Mary Fisher writes

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

Have you tried to buy a skirt with pockets? Or a dress?

That's why I only wear trousers :~)

We're beginning to discover an unmet need here, aren't we? Women who
have reached an age of sense and maturity need clothes with pockets.
Designers, are you listening?

I suspect Jenny would like something available with slightly shorter legs
in
Holland. I know at least one Dutch woman, who can only find clothes that
fit her
in children's clothes shops.
Martin

I'm OK Martin - I own a sewing machine..............
Jenny :~)