Old 25-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Registered User

Smile Cats in my garden

Electronic cat repellers are meant to be quite good at getting rid of these unwanted visitors. I've had enough of cats using my garden as a toilet so I've just ordered one of these from this website www.primrose-london.co.uk/cat_repeller.php but i was wondering if anyone knows if they work. My dad has one and says so. Any other opinions pls?
Old 25-07-2007, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cats in my garden

"Daisy Black" wrote in message
news

Electronic cat repellers are meant to be quite good at getting rid of
these unwanted visitors. I've had enough of cats using my garden as a
toilet so I've just ordered one of these from this website
http://tinyurl.com/25gkno but i was wondering if anyone knows if they
work. My dad has one and says so. Any other opinions pls?

--
Daisy Black

Yes they do work Daisy but you really need to have either the mains facility
of re-chargeable batteries.

Have you taken all the precautions to keep the vermin out such as carpet
gripper
strips along the top of fences, gates and walls?

Making sure that all freshly raked soils is very wet in the evening?

Best of luck in ridding your garden of the vermin

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 25-07-2007, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Daisy Black wrote:

Electronic cat repellers are meant to be quite good at getting rid of
these unwanted visitors. I've had enough of cats using my garden as a
toilet so I've just ordered one of these from this website
http://tinyurl.com/25gkno but i was wondering if anyone knows if they
work. My dad has one and says so. Any other opinions pls?

If you have a young child give them a water pistol and tell to shoot
the cats.

--
zaax
Old 25-07-2007, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Daisy Black" wrote in message
news

Electronic cat repellers are meant to be quite good at getting rid of
these unwanted visitors. I've had enough of cats using my garden as a
toilet so I've just ordered one of these from this website
http://tinyurl.com/25gkno but i was wondering if anyone knows if they
work. My dad has one and says so. Any other opinions pls?

12 BORE!

Far more effective

Old 25-07-2007, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Daisy Black" wrote in message
news

Electronic cat repellers are meant to be quite good at getting rid of
these unwanted visitors. I've had enough of cats using my garden as a
toilet so I've just ordered one of these from this website
http://tinyurl.com/25gkno but i was wondering if anyone knows if they
work. My dad has one and says so. Any other opinions pls?

A spry I bought 'cat-a-pult' seems to be effective.

Deterred them from my raised bed. I sprayed the wooden sides and the wall
behind.

Mind you the rain has meant frequent re-applications and not the expected
'14 days' between doses.

I've stopped using now as they seem to be re-trained not to go near.

Steve

Old 25-07-2007, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Daisy Black" wrote ...

Electronic cat repellers are meant to be quite good at getting rid of
these unwanted visitors. I've had enough of cats using my garden as a
toilet so I've just ordered one of these from this website
http://tinyurl.com/25gkno but i was wondering if anyone knows if they
work. My dad has one and says so. Any other opinions pls?

Yes they do work but are rather expensive if you run them on batteries.
It would also be politic to tell close neighbours that have cats and dogs
what you intend to do as they might be concerned when their pets no longer
want to go into their own gardens as those devices don't restrict the noise
to your garden alone and will affect neighbouring properties. (rather like
the cats!)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden