Old 22-08-2007, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sacha on TV

JennyC wrote:

Between Balham and Streatham Common...

Not bad Les !!!
Just round the back of Battersea Dogs Home :~))
Jenny

South of the Battersea Park Road then.... erm... Havelock Terrace, odd
number... red door. Furred up kettle, long life beer in the fridge and a
waft of the gasworks...

Christmas caroling on the Prince of Wales Drive perchance?

L ;o)

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"These people believe the souls of fried space aliens inhabit their
bodies and hold soup cans to get rid of them. I should care what they
think?"...Valerie Emmanuel

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

Old 23-08-2007, 06:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote
"JennyC" wrote You should have heard my
Dutch after I'd been in Austria for three
years....it was a total hash up :~)
Jenny

As someone who has never got to grips with English I am in total awe of

your abilities with language :~)
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall

It's just a knack really. I'm totally useless at maths :~)
Jenny

Old 23-08-2007, 07:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Les Hemmings" wrote in message
JennyC wrote:

Between Balham and Streatham Common...

Not bad Les !!!
Just round the back of Battersea Dogs Home :~))
Jenny

South of the Battersea Park Road then.... erm... Havelock Terrace, odd
number... red door. Furred up kettle, long life beer in the fridge and a
waft of the gasworks...

Christmas caroling on the Prince of Wales Drive perchance?
L ;o)
Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

Closer to the Park Les......even number...... I was only there till I was 8,
so no beer in the fridge (the only booze was a bottle of sherry an Xmas!)

I went to this school http://www.sacredheart-battersea.wandsworth.sch.uk/
which was about 10 minutes walk away.....

Jenny :~)

Old 23-08-2007, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:26:16 +0100, Hugh Jampton wrote:

Miss it if you dare!

New DVD recorder (with HDD) set to record it Wed/Thur/Fri :-)

I do *not* normally watch TV ... but on this occasion I did :-)

Thanks Sacha - very interesting. Even watched it a second time so that
SWMBO saw it (she's the gardener here).
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 23-08-2007, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/8/07 22:40, in article ,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:26:16 +0100, Hugh Jampton wrote:

Miss it if you dare!

New DVD recorder (with HDD) set to record it Wed/Thur/Fri :-)

I do *not* normally watch TV ... but on this occasion I did :-)

Thanks Sacha - very interesting. Even watched it a second time so that
SWMBO saw it (she's the gardener here).

Thanks, Hugh. We liked the way they treated it, bringing credit to Edward
Hyams, too.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 24-08-2007, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/8/07 09:54, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:11:57 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 23/8/07 22:40, in article ,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:26:16 +0100, Hugh Jampton wrote:

Miss it if you dare!

New DVD recorder (with HDD) set to record it Wed/Thur/Fri :-)

I do *not* normally watch TV ... but on this occasion I did :-)

Thanks Sacha - very interesting. Even watched it a second time so that
SWMBO saw it (she's the gardener here).

Thanks, Hugh. We liked the way they treated it, bringing credit to Edward
Hyams, too.

It was a good program. It didn't bring much credit to local antique shops
though
:-)

It's almost impossible to do a piece on Ashburton without including antique
shops but I do wish they'd been a little wider ranging. We have a
wonderful, old-fashioned ironmonger, a marvellous butcher, greengrocer,
baker, fish deli and deli. But as there are 15 antique shops in Ashburton,
I suppose that was their 'peg' for the celeb slot and that does seem to be a
must in modern magazine programmes.
I had a nice email from the producer this morning hoping we'd enjoyed it and
I can honestly say that we did. I said that our only criticism is the music
in the background when someone is talking which, for aging ears, is very
distracting!

Old 24-08-2007, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/8/07 12:01, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:43:56 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 24/8/07 09:54, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:11:57 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 23/8/07 22:40, in article ,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:26:16 +0100, Hugh Jampton wrote:

Miss it if you dare!

New DVD recorder (with HDD) set to record it Wed/Thur/Fri :-)

I do *not* normally watch TV ... but on this occasion I did :-)

Thanks Sacha - very interesting. Even watched it a second time so that
SWMBO saw it (she's the gardener here).

Thanks, Hugh. We liked the way they treated it, bringing credit to Edward
Hyams, too.

It was a good program. It didn't bring much credit to local antique shops
though
:-)

It's almost impossible to do a piece on Ashburton without including antique
shops but I do wish they'd been a little wider ranging.

I camped somewhere near Ashburton on a very wet cycling holiday more than 50
years ago.

Parker's Farm?

The weather was similar to this year, without the warmth. I'd guess
that most of the contents of the houses at that time are in antique shops
nowadays.

There's also an auction house in Ashburton but I think most of the tiptop
stuff goes to Bearnes in Exeter. One good thing about our local towns is
that they're too small to have most of the hideously boring chain stores
which disgrace so many other towns now. Totnes has Boots and WH Smith but
none of those repetitive clothes shops exist there or in Ashburton. So, the
whole place remains much more interesting. Some shopfronts in Ashburton
have been modernised but most, luckily, have retained their original look
and even one of those modernised (Somerfield) still has the tile frontage of
the second storey with the hearts, clubs, spades and diamonds picked out in
the tiling to show it was once a gaming club.

Barnstaple doesn't seem to have changed a lot other than the Christian Science
Reading Room replacing the auction house.

I've never been there. It's in north Devon which is almost passport country
from here. ;-))

Old 24-08-2007, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha on TV"

Goes on a bit doesn't it seeing as Sacha didn't appear on TV?

:-((

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007 FULL. WAIT LIST OPERATING
www.rneba.org.uk to find your ex-Greenie mess mates
www.iowtours.com for all ex-Service Reunions. More being added daily

Old 25-08-2007, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/8/07 16:38, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:
snip

Nobody famous enough from S Devon? How about the abbot responsible for brewing
one of Glasgow's most popular drinks?

aka Fastbuck Abbey? ;-) I don't think that Abbot is around now and neither
sadly, is old Brother Adam who was the bee keeper.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

Sacha's Seeds Part 3 Mike United Kingdom 6 04-08-2003 10:22 AM
Sacha's Seeds Part 3 Mike United Kingdom 0 30-07-2003 10:12 PM
Sacha's Seeds Mike United Kingdom 1 10-07-2003 09:21 AM
Ping Sacha Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 3 26-05-2003 04:20 PM
Sacha re Monks Hood Annabel United Kingdom 9 15-03-2003 03:32 AM