Old 12-09-2007, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,demon.local

Default This needs to be said!

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:58:58 +0100, Sally Thompson
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:56:56 +0100, John Vanini wrote
(in article ):

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip

John, please cut out the cross-posting.

I'm sorry, Sacha, but how is it I am cross-posting (I'm not even sure what
that means!)? I choose the post that I've received and want to reply to, add
my comments and click on "Reply Group".

snip
I think you've already worked it out for yourself, John, in the bits I've
snipped, but just to confirm,

Take this shit to email. We dont want the froup full of net nanny
advice. Sod off fat bird.

--

Hansom 0++0

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

PRAYER FOR A NATION

When Pastor Joe Wright, of Central Christian Church, was asked
to open the new session of the Kansas Senate, everyone was expecting
the usual politically correct generalities.
But what they heard instead was this:

Heavenly Father, we come before You today to ask Your forgiveness
and seek your direction and guidance.
We know Your Word says,
‘Woe on those who call evil good,’ but that’s exactly what we have done.
We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and inverted our values.

We confess that:

We have ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it pluralism;

We have, worshipped other gods and called it multiculturalism;

We have endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyle;

We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery;

We have neglected the needy and called it self-preservation;

We have killed our unborn and called it choice;

We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self-esteem;

We have abused power and called it political savvy;

We have coveted our neighbour’s possessions and called it ambition;

We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression;

We have ridiculed the time-honoured values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.

Search us, 0 God, and know our hearts today; try us and see if there be some wicked way in us;
cleanse us from every sin and set us free. Guide and bless these men and women who have
been sent here by the people of Kansas, and who have been ordained by You, to govern this great state.

Grant them Your wisdom to rule and may their decisions direct us to the centre of Your will. I ask it in the name of Your Son, the Living Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.”

****************
Old 12-09-2007, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

al.net...

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip

John, please cut out the cross-posting.

I'm sorry, Sacha, but how is it I am cross-posting (I'm not even sure
what
that means!)? I choose the post that I've received and want to reply to,
add
my comments and click on "Reply Group".

snip
I think you've already worked it out for yourself, John, in the bits I've
snipped, but just to confirm, although I don't particularly remember how
Outlook Express works, when you reply to these rubbish posts just check
the
list of groups, and delete all except urg - or whichever group you think
you're ing. We all slip up occasionally if we are careless or too quick
in
our reply and forget just to look {looks hastily to check], but it is one
of
the signs of trouble that people with nothing better to do and a very
limited
vocabulary think it is fun to flood usenet with some kind of rubbish.
Googling for Hipcrime can be educational.

However, it is better for all of us if no-one replies. We've had this
sort
of flood before, and if you ignore the children they do eventually go away
(presumably back to school or whatever).

Sally in Shropshire, UK

Thanks Sally and Uncle Marvo for your support - I shall wear it constantly!

I'm not going away and I have found out how to use "Ignore Conversation" and
"Block Sender" so I'm fully armed, now! I shall be much more particular
about which postings I reply to. I think I might just stick to asking
questions and giving answers, in future.

Unfortunately, I see humour in most things - especially people and what they
say.

I, honestly, thought that I was replying only to those in this group until I
had it pointed out to me that I wasn't! I, then, checked the list of
newsgroups against some of the names and realised what I had probably done.

Thanks again and my kindest regards,

John

Old 12-09-2007, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,demon.local

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:47:06 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:52:10 GMT, "John Vanini" wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"John Vanini" wrote
Hi Sacha,

I'm sorry, Sacha, but how is it I am cross-posting (I'm not even sure
what that means!)? I choose the post that I've received and want to reply
to, add my comments and click on "Reply Group".

What am I doing wrong? If you can tell me, I'll be pleased to stop! I
said I was new to newsgroups and I was serious! I honestly have no idea
what you mean.

Actually, I think I see. I've just had a look at the newsgroups that this
Pies belongs to and, I suppose, when I click on "Reply Group" a copy goes
to all of those groups, which is, obviously, not what I want. I also
suppose I should select from that list the one I want to post to before I
send it. Yes, that would make sense but let me know if I'm right, Sacha.!

Sorry. if that's the problem, and if I've upset anyone, I honestly didn't
know I was doing it.

New to Usenet, then you need these links...

http://home.freeuk.com/sc.i/mindmanners.htm some amusing netiquette.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette some less amusing rather dry
stuff.
http://foldoc.org/?netiquette short and sweet.

If you read those and post by them you will do better than a lot.

And this will certainly come in handy...
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~marshall/abbrev.html to help you to understand
the abbreviations iykwim.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Thanks Bob!

There's another very useful link here -
http://www.usenet.org.uk/

Particularly this part
http://www.usenet.org.uk/usenet-info...html#Net-Abuse

I see the Sachas of this world are mentioned in their full glory. It
still looks like you need to get out more.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

One other thing, just one line between paragraphs is sufficient!(:-)

Old 12-09-2007, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,demon.local

"@@^" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:47:06 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:52:10 GMT, "John Vanini"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"John Vanini" wrote
Hi Sacha,

[...]

I think you qualify for a:-

*PLONK*

Old 12-09-2007, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,demon.local

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:33:05 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"@@^" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:47:06 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:52:10 GMT, "John Vanini"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"John Vanini" wrote
Hi Sacha,

[...]

I think you qualify for a bloJob

Go on then, lift my cassock I dare you.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"John Vanini" wrote in message

snip
I had it pointed out to me that I wasn't! I, then, checked the list of
newsgroups against some of the names and realised what I had probably
done.

Thanks again and my kindest regards,

One other thing, just one line between paragraphs is sufficient!(:-)

Didn't notice that! Sorry! Will watch that in future!

Regards,

John

Old 12-09-2007, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 12, 11:07 pm, "John Vanini" wrote:
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"John Vanini" wrote in message

snip
I had it pointed out to me that I wasn't! I, then, checked the list of
newsgroups against some of the names and realised what I had probably
done.

Thanks again and my kindest regards,

One other thing, just one line between paragraphs is sufficient!(:-)

Didn't notice that! Sorry! Will watch that in future!

Regards,

John

John, you are doing fine, much better than some of us!!!

Judith

Old 13-09-2007, 06:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,demon.local,comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.talk.bollocks,alt.astronomy

Paul {Hamilton Rooney} wrote:
On 11 Sep, 08:45, ? wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:03:51 +0100, Sacha

wrote:
On 10/9/07 22:50, in article , "John
Vanini" wrote:

"Pies" wrote in message
John Vanini wrote:
Do you realise that Rita F ia an anagram of "I R Fat"? Has that got
anything to do with it?

I Fart, too...

You probably do, Pies, but we didn't need to know that (lol).

John

Come on, John, please cut out the cross-posting. You've received gardening
help and advice here so please don't spoil this group for yourself and
everyone else. You will rapidly go into kill files if you continue.

Stamp your feet and threaten with your killfile all you like, but he can
crosspost where the **** he likes.- Hide quoted text -

Silly campaigns against crossposting are a misguided waste of time.
Crossposting can only enrich a group. It cannot spoil a group.
Subscribers can easily choose not to read, or even see, crossposts.

Can you imagine sitting in a pub having a chat with your fellow
gardeners, when up pops one gent and says - don't talk to him!! He's
got other interests! This conversation is restricted to gardeners!

Crossposting is probably banned by David Cameroon's Conservatives, but
they are the lunatic fringe. What's more, Jesus commanded us to
crosspost.

Blessed are the crossposters for they shall inherit the Usenet.

Old 13-09-2007, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:07:53 GMT, "John Vanini"
wrote:

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"John Vanini" wrote in message

snip
I had it pointed out to me that I wasn't! I, then, checked the list of
newsgroups against some of the names and realised what I had probably
done.

Thanks again and my kindest regards,

One other thing, just one line between paragraphs is sufficient!(:-)

Didn't notice that! Sorry! Will watch that in future!

One other thing, just stop groveling.

Old 13-09-2007, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"John Vanini" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"John Vanini" wrote in message

snip
I had it pointed out to me that I wasn't! I, then, checked the list of
newsgroups against some of the names and realised what I had probably
done.

Thanks again and my kindest regards,

One other thing, just one line between paragraphs is sufficient!(:-)

Didn't notice that! Sorry! Will watch that in future!

I'll forgive you, this time!(:-)

Alan

Regards,

John

Old 11-10-2007, 04:46 PM posted to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.arts.poems,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.rec.gardening,alt.music.michael-jackson

Default Listen up people! *NO* crossposting to uk.rec.gardening!

On Oct 11, 11:06 am, "Dennis M. Hammes" wrote:
spooge wrote:
"Dennis M. Hammes" wrote in
:

spooge wrote:

z11 wrote in
om:

wrote:

Come on, John, please cut out the cross-posting. You've received
gardening help and advice here so please don't spoil this group for
yourself and
everyone else. You will rapidly go into kill files if you continue.

Sacha says that crossposting to uk.rec.gardening is not allowed, and
that she'll instruct everyone there to killfile you if you do.

Now, has she made herself perfectly clear?

who else is feeling scared?

Is it too late to comment on cross-posting to uk.rec.gardening?

Why would anyone cross-post to uk.rec.gardening?

O to be England
In April or May,
For then do the gardeners
Come out to play:

The birds in their bedpans,
The bees in their bowers,
And Englishmen talking
To humus for hours!

They practice on crocus,
They practice on rocks,
Then ladies to teatime
And boys to their bocks

Where talk is of Euros
And Browns and of Blairs,
And thumbs that knew tulips
Leave those empty stares.

Mushy Peas?

Warm lager?

Now, /that's/ crosspoasting.
This is uk.rec.gardening, not uk.rec.cooking.
*tsk*

Is there a difference?

Old 12-10-2007, 04:20 PM posted to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.arts.poems,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.rec.gardening,alt.music.michael-jackson

Hey! wrote:

On Oct 11, 11:06 am, "Dennis M. Hammes" wrote:

spooge wrote:

"Dennis M. Hammes" wrote in
:

spooge wrote:

z11 wrote in
news:hrednfJmMcrAwJTanZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@comcast .com:

wrote:

[...]

Well, I /have/ heard it said that British cooking is fit only for
British gardening, but I ate there for a couple weeks in '66 and...

Hey, I was /hungry/, okay?

--
~/)_|