Old 12-09-2007, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Asparagus berries

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

latest version of Microsoft Vista and can do everything you need

I can spot an oxymoron a mile off.

Agreed. Unfortunately I need to buy a Vista pc so I can do software
installation tests on it. Beyond that it turns out Vista would be completely
useless to me as it is incompatible with most of the important software that
I use on a daily basis. I can't help but wish Vista dies before I have to
buy it.

David.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
"Uncle Marvo" writes:

| latest version of Microsoft Vista and can do everything you need
|
| I can spot an oxymoron a mile off.

Sadly, Uncle Marvo, you are in a minority, being capable of recognising
an oxymoron and acting thereupon.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
"David \(Normandy\)" writes:

| Agreed. Unfortunately I need to buy a Vista pc so I can do software
| installation tests on it. Beyond that it turns out Vista would be completely
| useless to me as it is incompatible with most of the important software that
| I use on a daily basis. I can't help but wish Vista dies before I have to
| buy it.

Hasta la Vista?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

In article ,
"Uncle Marvo" writes:

Who the Heck is The Blessed Margaret?

The Iron Lady.

How stupid of me.

She was often right, bless her.

Hitler would have been proud of her :-((

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hasta la Vista?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

As nice as a termination would be, I fear Vista's dying words would be

"I'll be back!"

Old 12-09-2007, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

Old 12-09-2007, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

In article ,
"Uncle Marvo" writes:

latest version of Microsoft Vista and can do everything you need

I can spot an oxymoron a mile off.

Sadly, Uncle Marvo, you are in a minority, being capable of
recognising an oxymoron and acting thereupon.

Touche, Nick!

Indeed. I have to "do" Vista now and again, but I refuse to let anyone here
load it on their machine on pain of death, until it gets to at least Service
Pack 2. And then I'll have it for at least six months on my spare laptop
first, and it won't be running anything important.

I *have* seen it, and it sucks, as they say in the USA.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Uncle Marvo" writes:

Who the Heck is The Blessed Margaret?

The Iron Lady.

How stupid of me.

She was often right, bless her.

yes, very far to the right and usually in the wrong. I can't wait until
they compost her!
--
Rhiannon_s
Once you accept "because" as a valid reason the world becomes a much simpler

Old 12-09-2007, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
"'Mike'" writes:
| "Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
|
| Who the Heck is The Blessed Margaret?
|
| The Iron Lady.
|
| How stupid of me.
|
| She was often right, bless her.
|
| Hitler would have been proud of her :-((

According to Usenet rules, this terminates the thread.

I will, however, respond: crap. Mussolini, perhaps, but she was
never as evil as you imply.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Uncle Marvo" writes:

Who the Heck is The Blessed Margaret?

The Iron Lady.

How stupid of me.

She was often right, bless her.

yes, very far to the right and usually in the wrong. I can't wait until
they compost her!
--

Did you see that some idiot suggested that she should have a State
Funeral??????? :-((((

Mike

Old 12-09-2007, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

"David (Normandy)" writes

"K" wrote in message

Yeah, and those of us who want to know more than empty promises get really
frustrated because there's not a spec in sight. It's a sad state when you
have to resort to review sites and other users to find out factual info
that the seller should have told you.

Sorry, I don't think I was clear.

I wasn't targeting you, your post was just a convenient hook for a
general rant ;-)

While the detail should be given if necessary or required, the above would
just confuse the hell out of the lady. If I was the customer my requirements
would be entirely different and a detailed technical discussion would be
appropriate.

But that's what you don't get from most web sites.

With software (or anything else) it makes sense for the opening page (or
sales pitch) to say in a very short summary what it is for and what benefits
people would get from buying it. There can be links (or discussion) to
deeper and deeper levels of technical details.

Too often, there are not.

The person viewing the site
(or talking to a salesman) chooses the level of information that is relevant
to them.

That's the ideal. But too many websites don't allow you that choice. I
suppose that it's to try to turn you from someone browsing a website and
rejecting a product on the basis of the spec to someone who is in direct
contact with a salesman who can then try to reel you in.

--
Kay
Old 14-09-2007, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Mary Fisher
writes

There's nowt so queer as folks!

....'cept thee and me - and tha's a bit peculiar.

--
regards andyw
Old 14-09-2007, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"newsb" wrote in message
In article , Mary Fisher
writes

There's nowt so queer as folks!

...'cept thee and me - and tha's a bit peculiar.

In our 'ouse it's, "'cept thee and me and I'm not so sure about thee" :-)

Mary

--
regards andyw