Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2008, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Copper Anti Slug and Snail Rings

In article
, Adam
Aglionby writes

Whats the problem with blue pellet slug killer?

Coming in a bit late on this one...

I'm not sure how much of a danger they are - eg to birds that might eat
poisoned slugs/snails. Our main problem is snails rather than slugs. I
don't like the idea of using poison pellets but in frustration,
sometimes end up doing so.

I saw something a while back about a different sort of slug pellet - an
iron compound of some sort that isn't poisonous as such - but apparently
kills slugs by blowing them up (in the stomach filling rather than
explosive manner) I think.

If it works, I'd guess it was a double win - as instead of leaving
unsightly slug/snail remains over the garden, you could just go out with
a big magnet and gather them up

However, I haven't actually come across it to buy yet

--
regards andyw