Old 01-06-2008, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Yellow Archangel

A book I'm reading mentions lamium galeobdolon (Yellow Archangel) and
I'd like to get my hands on some. However I can't find a supplier and
since I'm new to the gardening lark, I don't know anyone who can help.

Any ideas?

I live in Honiton, Devon.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/6/08 23:13, in article
, "Col
Wilson" wrote:

A book I'm reading mentions lamium galeobdolon (Yellow Archangel) and
I'd like to get my hands on some. However I can't find a supplier and
since I'm new to the gardening lark, I don't know anyone who can help.

Any ideas?

I live in Honiton, Devon.

http://www.avondalenursery.co.uk/Con...rennials_L.asp

But be aware that once you've got it, you've got it, if you see what I mean!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-06-2008, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Jun, 23:24, Sacha wrote:
On 1/6/08 23:13, in article
, "Col

Wilson" wrote:
A book I'm reading mentions lamium galeobdolon (Yellow Archangel) and
I'd like to get my hands on some. However I can't find a supplier and
since I'm new to the gardening lark, I don't know anyone who can help.

Any ideas?

I live in Honiton, Devon.

http://www.avondalenursery.co.uk/Con...rennials_L.asp

But be aware that once you've got it, you've got it, if you see what I mean!

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
children.'

In this case, that's what I want. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article dd35893f-e839-4db0-80a8-
,
says...
On 1 Jun, 23:24, Sacha wrote:
On 1/6/08 23:13, in article
, "Col

Wilson" wrote:
A book I'm reading mentions lamium galeobdolon (Yellow Archangel) and
I'd like to get my hands on some. However I can't find a supplier and
since I'm new to the gardening lark, I don't know anyone who can help.

Any ideas?

I live in Honiton, Devon.

http://www.avondalenursery.co.uk/Con...rennials_L.asp

But be aware that once you've got it, you've got it, if you see what I mean!

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
children.'

In this case, that's what I want. Thanks.

If you pay me a visit you may have as much as you want for free, I call
it the Hob goblin!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 02-06-2008, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 23:13:04 +0100, Col Wilson wrote
(in article
):

A book I'm reading mentions lamium galeobdolon (Yellow Archangel) and
I'd like to get my hands on some. However I can't find a supplier and
since I'm new to the gardening lark, I don't know anyone who can help.

Any ideas?

I live in Honiton, Devon.

If you're ever in Shropshire, we have masses in our wild garden :-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through the usenet newsgroup uk.rec.gardening

Old 02-06-2008, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On 2 Jun, 10:28, Sally Thompson wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 23:13:04 +0100, Col Wilson wrote
(in article
):

A book I'm reading mentions lamium galeobdolon (Yellow Archangel) and
I'd like to get my hands on some. However I can't find a supplier and
since I'm new to the gardening lark, I don't know anyone who can help.

Any ideas?

I live in Honiton, Devon.

If you're ever in Shropshire, we have masses in our wild garden :-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through the usenet newsgroup uk.rec.gardening

The cultivar 'Hermann's Pride' is much more attractive than the
species, with better variegation. Also it doesn't seem to spread so
much - at least, not in my garden, whereas the species has run riot.
(Not that this helps much with your search for a supplier!)
Old 03-06-2008, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message et
from Sally Thompson contains these words:

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 23:13:04 +0100, Col Wilson wrote
(in article
):

A book I'm reading mentions lamium galeobdolon (Yellow Archangel) and
I'd like to get my hands on some. However I can't find a supplier and
since I'm new to the gardening lark, I don't know anyone who can help.

Any ideas?

I live in Honiton, Devon.

If you're ever in Shropshire, we have masses in our wild garden :-)

Or Norfolk...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 03-06-2008, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Rusty Hinge 2 writes
The message et
from Sally Thompson contains these words:

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 23:13:04 +0100, Col Wilson wrote
(in article
):

A book I'm reading mentions lamium galeobdolon (Yellow Archangel) and
I'd like to get my hands on some. However I can't find a supplier and
since I'm new to the gardening lark, I don't know anyone who can help.

Any ideas?

I live in Honiton, Devon.

If you're ever in Shropshire, we have masses in our wild garden :-)

Google on "yellow archangel" basket
(the 'basket' to get on-line shops in the result)
gives for example as 3rd hit:
http://www.reallywildflowers.co.uk/d...lants/range/9/
which has it at £7.90 for 10
--
Kay
Old 04-06-2008, 03:49 AM
Registered User

[/i][/color]
Google on "yellow archangel" basket
(the 'basket' to get on-line shops in the result)
gives for example as 3rd hit:
http://www.reallywildflowers.co.uk/d...lants/range/9/
which has it at £7.90 for 10
--
Kay[/quote]

Ouch!

I spend most of my weeding time trying to get rid of the brute.