Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2008, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bosch Quiet Shredders OK for Mixed Waste?

I am looking for a garden shredder and answers to an earlier post were
pointing me in the direction of the Bosch quiet shredders. I am looking
at the AXT2000 HP, which has the spiral cutting system, rather than the
much more powerful AXT2200 HP, which is probably a bit over the top for
my needs.

I have used the cheap noisy type of shredder in the past and am not keen
to repeat the experience, but before I commit to one of these quiet
shredders, I would welcome advice on whether they are really suitable
for the waste from my medium sized garden.

I have a few trees and it is clear that these shredders have no problem
with prunings from those. I understand that soft herbaceous stuff does
not need shredding, but I tend to have a lot of shrub prunings and
tougher herbaceous stuff to dispose of.

The shrubs include stuff like Buddleja, Lavatera, Forsythia, Dogwood,
Elder etc.

The tougher herbaceous stuff that takes a long time to rot down includes
Leucanthemum (Ox-eye Daisy)and Lupin stems.

Has anybody any experience of using these shredders with this type of waste?

TIA

Steve