Old 10-08-2008, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default garden and house valuation

Judith in France writes

Your garden is lovely Kay and very interesting, in this case size does
not make a difference :-)

Thank you :-)

But possibly size *does* make a difference - if it were larger, it might
be a complete jungle! ;-)
--
Kay
Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/8/08 08:38, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 08:30:16 +0100, AriesVal wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 01:03:28 +0100, Tony D wrote:

Your garden is lovely Kay and very interesting, in this case size does
not make a difference :-)

Do you have any pictures of your garden Kay , Just a nosey soing so ! :)

I would love to see Kay's garden too if she has any pics of course

If anyone is interested here are some of mine taken last year between June
and October

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/valeri...uneInOurGarden
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/valerie.copeland/July
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/valeri...ursInOurGarden

It looks lovely, Val and full of colour with something going on all the
time. AND you're growing a Cotoneaster as a standard, something I want to do
here. There's a well-established one at Dartington roundabout (Shinner's
Bridge) not far from here and it looks wonderful with all the berries
against its dark foliage. It's only about 4' tall but standing alone on a
grass verge it's a really lovely focal point in a smallish area. Which one
are you growing? And have you been washed away yet? We went to friends in
Salcombe yesterday to watch the Red Arrows and they did one diamond
formation fly past and that was it - disappointing for everyone, including
them! What absolutely appalling weather - I don't think I remember a summer
this bad, especially not in August!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/8/08 16:46, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:31:43 +0100, Sacha wrote:

If anyone is interested here are some of mine taken last year between June
and October

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/valeri...uneInOurGarden
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/valerie.copeland/July
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/valeri...ursInOurGarden

It looks lovely, Val and full of colour with something going on all the
time. AND you're growing a Cotoneaster as a standard, something I want to do
here. There's a well-established one at Dartington roundabout (Shinner's
Bridge) not far from here and it looks wonderful with all the berries
against its dark foliage. It's only about 4' tall but standing alone on a
grass verge it's a really lovely focal point in a smallish area. Which one
are you growing?

Cotoneaster frigidus Cornubia

It will be ironic if that's one we haven't got!! But the frigidus bit
sounds about right just now.

And have you been washed away yet? We went to friends in
Salcombe yesterday to watch the Red Arrows and they did one diamond
formation fly past and that was it - disappointing for everyone, including
them! What absolutely appalling weather - I don't think I remember a summer
this bad, especially not in August!

How disappointing the weather was bad for the Red Arrows fly past - it was
the same here yesterday, rain, rain, and more rain I thought last
Summer was bad enough but this year has topped that!

Not much comfort to be setting a record, eh? ;-((

Old 11-08-2008, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Many thanks for the comments and interest, I took a walk about the place
last evening and decided that I would keep it half tidy and not worry about
it all, too many other things to worry about selling houses isnt there ,
thanks again

kate

gloucestershire

Old 13-08-2008, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , AriesVal
writes
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 01:03:28 +0100, Tony D wrote:

Your garden is lovely Kay and very interesting, in this case size does
not make a difference :-)

Do you have any pictures of your garden Kay , Just a nosey soing so ! :)

I would love to see Kay's garden too if she has any pics of course

She used to have a very good web site for the garden alongside Edward's
worm site . I am fairly sure it was on the webring

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Old 13-08-2008, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Janet Tweedy writes
In article , AriesVal
writes
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 01:03:28 +0100, Tony D wrote:

Your garden is lovely Kay and very interesting, in this case size does
not make a difference :-)

Do you have any pictures of your garden Kay , Just a nosey soing so ! :)

I would love to see Kay's garden too if she has any pics of course

She used to have a very good web site for the garden alongside Edward's
worm site . I am fairly sure it was on the webring

No, we've taken it down. It was beginning to look a bit dated. I don't
know if Edward has still got his worm site up.
--
Kay
Old 13-08-2008, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

AriesVal writes
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:26:31 +0100, K wrote:

She used to have a very good web site for the garden alongside Edward's
worm site . I am fairly sure it was on the webring

No, we've taken it down. It was beginning to look a bit dated. I don't
know if Edward has still got his worm site up.

Oh

If you're interested, email me and I'll send a few pics.
--
Kay
Old 14-08-2008, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , AriesVal
writes

Do you have a link for that Janet ?

Looking up with Google the ring still exists and the list of gardens on
the UKRec gardening ring is
http://www.pavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/...=urgring;sitei
d=homepage
--
Janet
Hedgerows & lawns
Old 14-08-2008, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 14, 7:56*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , AriesVal
writes

Do you have a link for that Janet ?

Looking up with Google the ring still exists and the list of gardens on
the UKRec gardening ring ishttp://www.pavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/ringlink/list.pl?ringid=urgring;s...
d=homepage
--
Janet
Hedgerows & lawnshttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk/plants

Gosh that has evoked many happy memories of people and places, a few
no longer post, I wonder what happened to them, they are missed, not
least by me.

Judith
Old 15-08-2008, 01:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Judith in France writes
Gosh that has evoked many happy memories of people and places, a few
no longer post, I wonder what happened to them, they are missed, not
least by me.

Judith

I hear from Jill Bell and we all benefit from Kay's wisdom on here. We
had such a good time at Jill's Meet and exchanged a load of plants etc.