Old 17-08-2005, 07:01 PM
gconn77

Default Garden and House Plant Forum

I am looking for someone that can help me identify plants on my
community forum. I am able to search different communities, groups, and
web pages to help identify; but it would be great to have someone that
can quickly identify a plant by reviewing some photos and reading a
description and not have to spend a lot of time searching and digging
around the Internet to do so.

It is pretty wild how fast this forum community is hitting off. Within
the last 36 hours 13 members joined creating 53 new topics and 111 new
posts. People seem to really enjoy unlimitied photo uploads of their
plants and gardens. They seem to enjoy showing off their pride and joy
that took tons of hard work and time to create.

Please check out the website if you are interested in helping identify
plants, or simply like to join a very friendly gardening and house
plant collecting community. The community is called, The Garden and
House Plant Forum. It can be found at http://gconn77.com

Thanks,
Garry

Old 17-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Not another beginners group!!!

How much does the position pay?

oups.com...

Old 17-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Cereus-validus.......

BTW, the info in your plant database is completely wrong.

The correct name for the "Swedish Ivy" is not Plectranthus australis nor is
the plant native to Australia.

"Cereus-validus......." wrote in message
news
Not another beginners group!!!

How much does the position pay?

oups.com...

Old 18-08-2005, 02:33 PM
gconn77

Thanks for letting me know about the plant. I really appreciate that.
However, one plant being wrong doesn't make the entire database wrong.
Especially when the database is maintained by a community of people
that can add, modify, and edit the database to improve and expand it.

- Garry
- The Garden and House Plant Forum
- http://gconn77.com

Old 18-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Cereus-validus.......

The "Swedish Ivy" debacle was only an example. There is misinformation
throughout your website for which I did not freely volunteer info. You are
only left to wonder.

For example, the Dracaena info is completely out-of-date and incorrect.

It appears the database is maintained only by rank amateurs who are
misguided enough to depend on the internet as their primary source of
information. Anyone who uses the internet as their primary source is doomed
to failure. You need to think (and research) outside "the box". Most of what
is on the internet is incorrect and incomplete.

ups.com...

Old 19-08-2005, 04:15 AM
gconn77

Thank you for your feedback. You seem very intelligent. I always love
stimulating feedback. Especially when someone barks a lot without a
cause and provides no effort to back up his bark.

I have a garden and house plant community forum. If people want to
visit, great... if people do not... their choice. The journey of my
community depends on me being selective... In all honest, you are
trying to belittle me in public... but what is funny is how this
reflects on your intelligence and your character. If you have more
knowledge than me, or other people in an online community... that is
fine... but what you do that spoils your character is acting like you
are better than other people.

I don't know everything about plants.... nor do you know anything about
me and how well I thought or did not think something out. Everything
you are saying is being driven by your personal believe in your life,
that you are superman and everyone else is stupid. For that belief you
are doomed and will fail.

- Garry

Old 19-08-2005, 04:46 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Sorry, babe, that's all the free advice you're gonna get from me. Your ploy
isn't gonna work with me. There are already too many badly conceived
gardening groups out there put together by people who mistakenly think that
gardening is an easy topic. Enjoy the Kryptonite while you can!!! Even
Superman has to pay his bills.

Your efforts would be much better spent in trying to create something
original and useful other than gardening instead of going down the well trod
path that's already been beaten to death.

oups.com...

Old 19-08-2005, 04:59 AM
gconn77

Point out the exact location in this post where I said that I felt
gardening was an easy topic? Again... you are barking and not backing
it up. PLOY??? ok, I am listening... prove your statement. I called you
on this in the last post.. maybe you didn't read it because everything
seems to be all about you...

Back up what you are saying... oh, but you can't. Instead you throw out
that you are not going to prostitute your knowledge anymore.... as if
I even asked for information from you. Until you take the time to
present and back up your statements against me, you the one that has a
problem, not me. I feel good about what I have to offer and what I am
giving out..... can't say the same for you though! and thats just
too bad. Sorry.

Old 19-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Why on earth would anyone want to help a petty monkey troll like you?

Its bedtime for you, Bonzo.

Bad gardening websites come and go.

Soon yours will be but a distant memory also!!!!

Your efforts would be much better spent in trying to create something
original and useful other than gardening instead of going down the well trod
path to oblivion.

oups.com...

Old 19-08-2005, 02:56 PM
gconn77

Like I said... you can't even back a word you say... your words mean
nothing. So now, again you speak garbage... but now adding name
calling. You are such a smart person! Oh... and you predict the future
now! Wow..... you sure have made a lot for yourself in life! You even
have established a bedtime for me!! Wow.... thank you!

Only thing I can say, is be patient... wait a year and see how wrong
you will be! So keep wasting your time, making effortless comments that
have no backbone.... keep advertising your weak character and
challenged intelligence. I think is is so funny. You are weak and can't
support a word you speak. So sad.

Old 19-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Cereus-validus.......

What a brave soldier you are!!

I will believe you after you finally find those "weapons of mass
destruction".

Until then, talk is cheap. You just can't win by intimidation, Gomer.

The odds are against you website succeeding, especially since you are just
providing "the same old gas" and people are already able to find what they
like somewhere else. By next year, you will only be another distant memory
like all the others who have failed. You may as well give up now before you
fall too much in debt.

ups.com...

Old 20-08-2005, 07:35 AM
gconn77

I like a challenge. As far as debt??? What are you talking about
man!!! Open Source all the way... Additionally, I am not like
others.... again... you label me as a spammer.... so most people
labeled as spammers... spam, and never come back... I actually enjoy
reading in this newsgroup. So, for what it means... I do apologize for
making the post. I didn't intend to create a little thread war here...
spam I always believed was... click here... go here... do this.... do
that.... I tried to simply write a message (which is true) that I am
looking for a few people that could help out on the forum. So, if that
is against the rules... honestly sorry about that, and it won't
disregard the rules here in the future. I really don't want to burn
bridges here, and don't want to burn one with you. Seriously.

Now with that said... LOL... a litte humor, we can do a follow up on
this in a year!