Old 17-08-2005, 06:57 PM
gconn77

Default Garden and House Plant Forum

I am looking for someone that can help me identify plants on my
community forum. I am able to search different communities, groups, and
web pages to help identify; but it would be great to have someone that
can quickly identify a plant by reviewing some photos and reading a
description and not have to spend a lot of time searching and digging
around the Internet to do so.

It is pretty wild how fast this forum community is hitting off. Within
the last 36 hours 13 members joined creating 53 new topics and 111 new
posts. People seem to really enjoy unlimitied photo uploads of their
plants and gardens. They seem to enjoy showing off their pride and joy
that took tons of hard work and time to create.

Please check out the website if you are interested in helping identify
plants, or simply like to join a very friendly gardening and house
plant collecting community. The community is called, The Garden and
House Plant Forum. It can be found at http://gconn77.com

Thanks,
Garry

Old 17-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Mike Lyle

gconn77 wrote:
[...]
plant collecting community. The community is called, The Garden and
House Plant Forum. It can be found at http://gconn77.com

Now we know the American for "GardenBanter".

--
Mike.

Old 18-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Kay

In article .com,
gconn77 writes

The community is called, The Garden and
House Plant Forum. It can be found at http://gconn77.com

I should like to warn anyone contributing to the advertised forum that
your posts are liable to be edited by the owner in a way that completely
changes their meaning.

--
Kay

Old 18-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Kay

In article .com,
gconn77 writes
I am looking for someone that can help me identify plants on my
community forum.

No you are not. You are advertising your forum against the charter
guidelines.

--
Kay

Old 18-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Mike

"Kay" wrote in message
In article .com,
gconn77 writes

The community is called, The Garden and
House Plant Forum. It can be found at http://gconn77.com

I should like to warn anyone contributing to the advertised forum that
your posts are liable to be edited by the owner in a way that completely
changes their meaning.

--
Kay

Not much different to being 'got at' by the "OWNERS" of this newsgroup
really is it?

Now watch the proverbial hit the fan

:-))

Old 19-08-2005, 04:25 AM
gconn77

I am not looking for some one to help me identify plants? LOL.... you
obviously have seen my forum.... because you too have sunk to the level
in which you labeled me... which I might add, make you no better than
me..... anyway, you have personally seen that I am searching for
experienced people to help out in my community.

If you come to my community and create a post that is against my
rules... then I will modify or delete it... Just as you feel I have
broken a rule here and feel that I have advertised here and you are
making your efforts to do the same here.... so in other words are you
telling me and this community that you can dish out but you can't take
back what comes to you... LOL very weak and shallow. So request to
delete this post, makes no difference to me. I am looking for someone
that would be interested in helping out, and my work is done here
because there is no one here... and that is fine.

- Garry
- The Garden and House Plant Forum
- http://gconn77.com

Old 19-08-2005, 06:27 AM
Kay

In article . com,
gconn77 writes

If you come to my community and create a post that is against my
rules...

Since you advertised your site here in a fashion that is against the
charter for this group, I advertised urg in your forum. It seemed more
likely that you would read a post in your own forum than in a newsgroup
in which you had already demonstrated you took little interest.

You altered my post to make it appear that I had said things that I had
not.

Deleting a post which you dislike is normal editorial control. Modifying
a post to make it appear that a poster holds views different from those
expressed is another thing entirely.

--
Kay

Old 19-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Mike

- Garry
- The Garden and House Plant Forum
- http://gconn77.com

Garry my old sunshine, you have been "Net Nannied" to the nth degree by the
owners of the newsgroup. Welcome to the kill file with me and any other
person who does not 'fit in', such as those willing to bow and scrape and
send kissy kissy messages, which take up a lot of bandwidth on private
conversations which could have been done just as well be email.

You might as well accept that you and your Forum are DEAD with respect to
this newsgroup. You will be hounded and argued with 24/7

Don't bother trying to change and have kissy kissy messages on air with the
'Owners', or even try to have private conversation by email, (not approved
with this newsgroup) as your bolt has been shot :-((

Just sit back and watch the waste of bandwidth on private conversations.

Oh and by the way, you are nowhere near, and never will be anywhere near the
expertise of those on here. After all, some of us are in the trade don't you
know, watch our sigs.

Mike
No sig. because the 'Owners' do not approve of me have a sig. :-(

Old 19-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Garry my old sunshine, you have been "Net Nannied" to the nth degree by the
owners of the newsgroup. Welcome to the kill file with me and any other
person who does not 'fit in', such as those willing to bow and scrape and
send kissy kissy messages, which take up a lot of bandwidth on private
conversations which could have been done just as well be email.

Mike, I don't know what it is with you, you're either terminally stupid
or you've got a chip of gigantic proportions on your shoulder.

You're repetitive obsessive and boring.

You might as well accept that you and your Forum are DEAD with respect to
this newsgroup. You will be hounded and argued with 24/7

Well, that much is true, and well deserved. Why don't you **** off and
join him? You claim not to be a gardener, so I don't expect anyone will
miss your input.

Don't bother trying to change and have kissy kissy messages on air with the
'Owners', or even try to have private conversation by email, (not approved
with this newsgroup) as your bolt has been shot :-((

Obsessions again.

Just sit back and watch the waste of bandwidth on private conversations.

That's rich, coming from you.

Oh and by the way, you are nowhere near, and never will be anywhere near the
expertise of those on here. After all, some of us are in the trade don't you
know, watch our sigs.

Yes, this is quite true, and you might take note of it as well, instead
of attempting to sneer at their expertise. You are the only person who
has posted (regularly) to this group to whom I have taken a thorough
dislike. You're just a bitter old man: I suggest a good hard look in a
mirror might do you the world of good.

I'm sure you must have some positive and likeable attributes: I only
wish you'd deploy them more - I don't enjoy disliking people.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 19-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Mike

Feel better now you have got that off your chest? Good :-))

Old 19-08-2005, 02:38 PM
gconn77

Well I like to have a little fun with your spam. I am glad that you
admit to sinking to a lower level... which again, you feel I am a
spammer.... and it is good to know that you too are a spammer....

Old 19-08-2005, 02:48 PM
gconn77

I am enjoying this. Your comments make me laugh. Thanks.

Old 19-08-2005, 03:42 PM
R. McGeddon

The message .com
from "gconn77" contains these words:

I am enjoying this. Your comments make me laugh. Thanks.

If you want anyone to know what you're talking about, and be taken even
slightly seriously, I'd advise you to learn how to use your news client.

--
Grim Reaper
Gin a body meet a body...
Old 19-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Mike

"R. McGeddon" wrote in message
The message .com
from "gconn77" contains these words:

I am enjoying this. Your comments make me laugh. Thanks.

If you want anyone to know what you're talking about, and be taken even
slightly seriously, I'd advise you to learn how to use your news client.

--

See what I mean?

Net nannies to the front, net nannies to the side, net nannies to the rear,
,
,
,
and if it aint the net nannies ........ it's the owners :-((

Please remember, this newsgroup is for the net nannies and the owners to
send kissy kissy newsgroup messages to each other and to advertise their
businesses. The likes of you and I are not part of the "IN" crowd and I am
pleased to see that you enjoy the comments and that they make you smile.
Good aint it.

Sit back and watch because at some time or other, a poor nebie gardener will
come on here and ask a simple question, Such as 'I have just got my very
first garden, how often do I cut my lawn?' They will straight away be sat on
with a pointing to the FAQ's "This has been covered to death and all the
answers are there" A real 'get off our newsgroup with your simple
questions', Barrowcloth is the one who usually snaps out answers :-(( Skool
marm fashion :-((

Mike :-))