Old 04-09-2008, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

Default Armadillo Advice Sought

On Sep 4, 2:30*am, "Cerumen" wrote:
"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article
,
unklbob writes:

| How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
| repellant?

Yes, indeed. *It is known as "Clue". *Go into your local shops, and
ask "Do you have any Clue?" *They will soon sort you out, especially
in Texas.

I thought Texas was noted for a total lack of "Clue" ? But an awful lot of
underbridge dwellers.

Real cute, coming from a flakey Californian. I happen to know that
the Ukiah gardening group gets posters from Arizona, New Mexico, and
yes, Texas because you share some zones. Armadillos might not be a
problem in Ukiah--yet--but soon enough the little buggers will work
their way right into your backyard, and you'll be glad for the advice
I now seek.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

The message
from "Cerumen" contains these words:
unklbob writes:

| How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
| repellant?

Yes, indeed. It is known as "Clue". Go into your local shops, and
ask "Do you have any Clue?" They will soon sort you out, especially
in Texas.

I thought Texas was noted for a total lack of "Clue" ? But an awful lot of
underbridge dwellers.

Bushmen too, so 'tis said.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 04-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Registered User

I suppose if they are anything like badgers for going through fences, you will have to consider metal bars round the garden.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

In article ,
unklbob writes:
| On Sep 4, 2:30=A0am, "Cerumen" wrote:
|
| I thought Texas was noted for a total lack of "Clue" ? But an awful
| lot of underbridge dwellers.
|
| Real cute, coming from a flakey Californian. I happen to know that
| the Ukiah gardening group gets posters from Arizona, New Mexico, and
| yes, Texas because you share some zones. Armadillos might not be a
| problem in Ukiah--yet--but soon enough the little buggers will work
| their way right into your backyard, and you'll be glad for the advice
| I now seek.

Back in the days when men were men, and the modern bunch of wimps
hadn't taken over, Texas had armadillos the size of small cars.

But I don't think that even the current dinky little ones will
reach the Ukraine.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

unklbob writes:

| How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
| repellant?

Yes, indeed. *It is known as "Clue". *Go into your local shops, and
ask "Do you have any Clue?" *They will soon sort you out, especially
in Texas.

I thought Texas was noted for a total lack of "Clue" ? But an awful lot of
underbridge dwellers.

Real cute, coming from a flakey Californian. I happen to know that
the Ukiah gardening group gets posters from Arizona, New Mexico, and
yes, Texas because you share some zones. Armadillos might not be a
problem in Ukiah--yet--but soon enough the little buggers will work
their way right into your backyard, and you'll be glad for the advice
I now seek.

unklbob,
You do understand don't you that the uk in this group stands for
United Kingdom and not Ukiah, California?

There is a whole world outside the USA!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

unklbob writes:

| How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
| repellant?

Yes, indeed. *It is known as "Clue". *Go into your local shops, and
ask "Do you have any Clue?" *They will soon sort you out, especially
in Texas.

I thought Texas was noted for a total lack of "Clue" ? But an awful lot of
underbridge dwellers.

Real cute, coming from a flakey Californian. I happen to know that
the Ukiah gardening group gets posters from Arizona, New Mexico, and
yes, Texas because you share some zones. Armadillos might not be a
problem in Ukiah--yet--but soon enough the little buggers will work
their way right into your backyard, and you'll be glad for the advice
I now seek.

unklbob,
You do understand don't you that the uk in this gardening group

Old 04-09-2008, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4/9/08 17:52, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article
,
unklbob writes:
| On Sep 4, 2:30=A0am, "Cerumen" wrote:
|
| I thought Texas was noted for a total lack of "Clue" ? But an awful
| lot of underbridge dwellers.
|
| Real cute, coming from a flakey Californian. I happen to know that
| the Ukiah gardening group gets posters from Arizona, New Mexico, and
| yes, Texas because you share some zones. Armadillos might not be a
| problem in Ukiah--yet--but soon enough the little buggers will work
| their way right into your backyard, and you'll be glad for the advice
| I now seek.

Back in the days when men were men, and the modern bunch of wimps
hadn't taken over, Texas had armadillos the size of small cars.

But I don't think that even the current dinky little ones will
reach the Ukraine.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Can we hope they don't reach urg any more? ;-((
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 05-09-2008, 01:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

Somewhere on teh intarweb "unklbob" typed:

unklbob writes:

How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
repellant?

Yes, indeed. It is known as "Clue". Go into your local shops, and
ask "Do you have any Clue?" They will soon sort you out, especially
in Texas.

I thought Texas was noted for a total lack of "Clue" ? But an awful
lot of underbridge dwellers.

Real cute, coming from a flakey Californian. I happen to know that
the Ukiah gardening group gets posters from Arizona, New Mexico, and
yes, Texas because you share some zones. Armadillos might not be a
problem in Ukiah--yet--but soon enough the little buggers will work
their way right into your backyard, and you'll be glad for the advice
I now seek.

Smite works wonders I'm told. g
--
Shaun.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

unklbob writes:

How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
repellant?

Yes, indeed. It is known as "Clue". Go into your local shops, and
ask "Do you have any Clue?" They will soon sort you out, especially
in Texas.

I thought Texas was noted for a total lack of "Clue" ? But an awful
lot of underbridge dwellers.

Real cute, coming from a flakey Californian. *I happen to know that
the Ukiah gardening group gets posters from Arizona, New Mexico, and
yes, Texas because you share some zones. *Armadillos might not be a
problem in Ukiah--yet--but soon enough the little buggers will work
their way right into your backyard, and you'll be glad for the advice
I now seek.

Smite works wonders I'm told. g

I'm too zealous for that.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:52 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

unklbob,
You do understand don't you that the uk in this gardening group
stands for United Kingdom and not Ukiah, California?

There is a whole world outside the USA!
Many, many moons ago the Vikings discovered America.
Having far more sense than Columbus, they decided it
was not worth the effort and went home.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

On Sep 4, 8:07 pm, "~misfit~" wrote:
Smite works wonders I'm told. g

I'm too zealous for that.

Hehee! I thought it was you. ;-)

I hope you're well.
--
Shaun.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

On 03/09/2008 21:57, unklbob wrote:

How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
repellant?

You need to tackle the problem at source, find where they are roosting
(check nearby monkey-puzzle trees, they love to make their nests high up
in those) and smash the eggs while they're sleeping.

Failing that, collect some jackalope droppings and spread them round
your sago palms, that should protect them.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

On Sep 4, 8:07 pm, "~misfit~" wrote:
Smite works wonders I'm told. g

I'm too zealous for that.

Hehee! I thought it was you. ;-)

I hope you're well.
--
Shaun.

Misfit may be right, but i would prefer to try a mix of bone walls and
CE.
Never heard about armadillos surviving that specific treatment...
Though dillos dont call me very often lately!

Louis

armadillo? deepeddygirl Texas 16 27-10-2004 12:37 AM
Armadillo problems Red Texas 17 02-06-2003 04:56 PM
Advice sought on employing tree surgeon to lop Leylandi Simon United Kingdom 1 18-03-2003 06:08 PM
Hedge advice sought Paul United Kingdom 6 25-02-2003 05:39 PM
zone 3 & 4 garden advice sought mmarteen Gardening 7 30-01-2003 01:26 AM