Old 03-09-2008, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

Default Armadillo Advice Sought

Every night around sundown an armadillo comes on to my spread and
starts rooting around for grubs and such. Its playing hell with the
ti plants, and now its started to dig up one of my prized sago palms.
I thought about sending the hounds after it, but I hear they spread
leprosy and I don't want none of my hounds coming down with that. I
thought about rigging up some explosives on a trip wire, but I don't
need the neighbors complaining to the county.

How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
repellant?

Thanks in Advance.

Bubba "Bob" Cooter

Old 03-09-2008, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

In article ,
unklbob writes:

| How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
| repellant?

Yes, indeed. It is known as "Clue". Go into your local shops, and
ask "Do you have any Clue?" They will soon sort you out, especially
in Texas.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

They hate cars. My advice is to commence brodies and burnouts and
figger-eghts on your acreage.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

On Sep 3, 5:03*pm, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
In article ,unklbo b writes:

| How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
| repellant?

Yes, indeed. *It is known as "Clue". *Go into your local shops, and
ask "Do you have any Clue?" *They will soon sort you out, especially
in Texas.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

You boys from Ukiah are funny, but it don't help my problem none.

I shoulda known better than to ask any damn Californians for advice.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

On Sep 3, 3:57*pm, unklbob wrote:
Every night around sundown an armadillo comes on to my spread and
starts rooting around for grubs and such. *Its playing hell with the
ti plants, and now its started to dig up one of my prized sago palms.
I thought about sending the hounds after it, but I hear they spread
leprosy and I don't want none of my hounds coming down with that. *I
thought about rigging up some explosives on a trip wire, but I don't
need the neighbors complaining to the county.

How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
repellant?

I know nothing about this, just that armadillos and humans are the
only creatures of this earth that can get leprosy.

Jon
Old 03-09-2008, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

On Sep 3, 3:57*pm, unklbob wrote:
Every night around sundown an armadillo comes on to my spread and
starts rooting around for grubs and such. *Its playing hell with the
ti plants, and now its started to dig up one of my prized sago palms.
I thought about sending the hounds after it, but I hear they spread
leprosy and I don't want none of my hounds coming down with that. *I
thought about rigging up some explosives on a trip wire, but I don't
need the neighbors complaining to the county.

How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
repellant?

Thanks in Advance.

Bubba "Bob" Cooter

Surprise it with guacamole dip and a CaptialOne card.

Doug
Old 03-09-2008, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

On Sep 3, 4:24*pm, Emperor Wonko the Sane
wrote:

Surprise it with guacamole dip and a CaptialOne card.

You owe me a keyboard.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
repellant?

.357 Magnum

Personally, I prefer a 30-06 or .270. The 357 bullets fragment and bounce
back, much like when shooting at steel plates. The high-powered rifle just
leaves a big greasy spot with some armor plating.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

"unklbob" wrote in message
Every night around sundown an armadillo comes on to my spread and
starts rooting around for grubs and such. Its playing hell with the
ti plants, and now its started to dig up one of my prized sago palms.
I thought about sending the hounds after it, but I hear they spread
leprosy and I don't want none of my hounds coming down with that. I
thought about rigging up some explosives on a trip wire, but I don't
need the neighbors complaining to the county.

How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
repellant?

Thanks in Advance.

Bubba "Bob" Cooter

http://www.armadillotrap.com/

HTH.

MountainFramer
Roll Tide.

--
"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to
control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that

Abraham Lincoln,
December 1840

architecton faber tignarius

Old 04-09-2008, 03:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

In article
,

http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/1095.JPG
Old 04-09-2008, 07:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article
,
unklbob writes:

| How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
| repellant?

Yes, indeed. It is known as "Clue". Go into your local shops, and
ask "Do you have any Clue?" They will soon sort you out, especially
in Texas.

I thought Texas was noted for a total lack of "Clue" ? But an awful lot of
underbridge dwellers.

--
Chris, (on tour)
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.sport.football.college

In article ,
"Cerumen" writes:

| Yes, indeed. It is known as "Clue". Go into your local shops, and
| ask "Do you have any Clue?" They will soon sort you out, especially
| in Texas.
|
| I thought Texas was noted for a total lack of "Clue" ? But an awful lot of
| underbridge dwellers.

Oh, indeed, but they also tend to reach for their guns at any time
anyone shows any evidence of even looking for "Clue", and I should
be the last person to discourage the hunting of underbridge dwellers.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklbob View Post
Every night around sundown an armadillo comes on to my spread and
starts rooting around for grubs and such. Its playing hell with the
ti plants, and now its started to dig up one of my prized sago palms.
I thought about sending the hounds after it, but I hear they spread
leprosy and I don't want none of my hounds coming down with that. I
thought about rigging up some explosives on a trip wire, but I don't
need the neighbors complaining to the county.

How do you keep the dillos off of your lawn, some kind of critter
repellant?

Thanks in Advance.

Bubba "Bob" Cooter
Dont see too many Armoured dildoes in the UK,
someone must have shot them all.

armadillo? deepeddygirl Texas 16 27-10-2004 12:37 AM
Armadillo problems Red Texas 17 02-06-2003 04:56 PM
Advice sought on employing tree surgeon to lop Leylandi Simon United Kingdom 1 18-03-2003 06:08 PM
Hedge advice sought Paul United Kingdom 6 25-02-2003 05:39 PM
zone 3 & 4 garden advice sought mmarteen Gardening 7 30-01-2003 01:26 AM