Old 10-10-2008, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New Zealand trip

Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of the
month it is! I had a lot of helpful advice about things to see and places
to visit for which I'm very grateful.
Our itinerary (after a few days in Xian) is Kerikeri, Napier & Hawkes Bay,
Wellington, Abel Tasman National Park, Wanaka, Te Anau, Devonport, Auckland
- home! We've got places to stay in all these stops for a few nights and
then we're also at leisure in between stops to pick and choose where we
visit. We'll be away for around 6 weeks altogether and we are looking
forward to it like mad!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 10-10-2008, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of the
month it is! I had a lot of helpful advice about things to see and places
to visit for which I'm very grateful.
Our itinerary (after a few days in Xian) is Kerikeri, Napier & Hawkes Bay,
Wellington, Abel Tasman National Park, Wanaka, Te Anau, Devonport,
Auckland
- home! We've got places to stay in all these stops for a few nights and
then we're also at leisure in between stops to pick and choose where we
visit. We'll be away for around 6 weeks altogether and we are looking
forward to it like mad!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
(new website online)

New Zealand is wonderful. You will enjoy it no end, we went there on our
World Cruise in 2006 and were hoping to go there next year but have changed
our plans and are doing half a World Cruise on Arcadia in January and
February, flying back from Singapore.

Have a super time

Mike

Old 10-10-2008, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:44:38 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of the
month it is!

Do you need anyone to carry your cases?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:44:38 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of the
month it is!

Do you need anyone to carry your cases?

That's the response and offers I had on the World Cruise and now again even
only a half a world Cruise has brought the same offers ;-)

Mike

Old 10-10-2008, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/10/08 17:52, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:44:38 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of the
month it is! I had a lot of helpful advice about things to see and places
to visit for which I'm very grateful.
Our itinerary (after a few days in Xian) is Kerikeri, Napier & Hawkes Bay,
Wellington, Abel Tasman National Park, Wanaka, Te Anau, Devonport, Auckland
- home! We've got places to stay in all these stops for a few nights and
then we're also at leisure in between stops to pick and choose where we
visit. We'll be away for around 6 weeks altogether and we are looking
forward to it like mad!

Sounds wonderful. Enjoy

We're looking forward to hugely. Ray has been before but it's new ground
for me and I'm really excited about seeing the Terracotta Army on our way to
NZ.
I saved all the suggestions we had for places to visit but now the itinerary
is fixed in terms of time and places we'll actually stay but with 'free
driving time' in between those, we'll welcome all ideas and suggestions.
Personally, I intend to take every possible advantage of the chance to swim
and sail!

Old 10-10-2008, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of the
month it is! I had a lot of helpful advice about things to see and places
to visit for which I'm very grateful.
Our itinerary (after a few days in Xian) is Kerikeri, Napier & Hawkes Bay,
Wellington, Abel Tasman National Park, Wanaka, Te Anau, Devonport,
Auckland
- home! We've got places to stay in all these stops for a few nights and
then we're also at leisure in between stops to pick and choose where we
visit. We'll be away for around 6 weeks altogether and we are looking
forward to it like mad!

Bon Voyage and Safe Return

best wishes

David

Old 10-10-2008, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 10/10/08 17:52, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

[...]

Sounds brilliant I am dead jealous. I would love to see the forbidden city
and the terracotta army I caught a couple of programs on the Discovery
Channel about them absolutely stunning - we were brought up on them tho' we
used to call them joke coming Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men. Sounds like
my kind of holiday if you add in some Trout fishing in the NZ lakes
Derek

Old 10-10-2008, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Derek Turner wrote:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:44:38 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of
the month it is!

Do you need anyone to carry your cases?

Or, have you room for a littlun in one?
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 10-10-2008, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of the
month it is! I had a lot of helpful advice about things to see and places
to visit for which I'm very grateful.

I'm very envious Sacha, with such happy memories of our trip last
winter, and the sunshine!!! Enjoy.

Pam in Bristol

Old 10-10-2008, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/10/08 21:48, in article , "Pete C"
wrote:

Derek Turner wrote:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:44:38 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of
the month it is!

Do you need anyone to carry your cases?

Or, have you room for a littlun in one?

Again - get in line. ;-))

Old 11-10-2008, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of the
month it is! I had a lot of helpful advice about things to see and places
to visit for which I'm very grateful.
Our itinerary (after a few days in Xian) is Kerikeri, Napier & Hawkes Bay,
Wellington, Abel Tasman National Park, Wanaka, Te Anau, Devonport,
Auckland
- home! We've got places to stay in all these stops for a few nights and
then we're also at leisure in between stops to pick and choose where we
visit. We'll be away for around 6 weeks altogether and we are looking
forward to it like mad!

some tips for you.

Please don't bring the english summer with you, it has only just stopped
raining here.
If you are thinking of going swimming, find a heated pool.

Kerikeri, go to the Bay of Islands and especially a place just up the road
called the Haruru Falls. If the pub there is still open stop in and have a
beer, especially if a warmish night. Magic little place.

Napier - art deco, do the walking tour at least.
http://www.historic.org.nz/Register/...sp?RID=1170&rm
http://www.artdeconapier.com/Guided_..._Tours_46.aspx
http://www.artdeconapier.com/Art_Dec...ldings_28.aspx

Devonport - take a hike around Mt Victoria & ferry across to the city or
even better out to Waiheke Island. The ferry ride is a great way to view the
city.

Auckland - Gardens in Parnell only small but nice in spring, Auckland
domain, and Botanical gardens in Manurewa.
http://gardens.co.nz/Gardenstovisit/Auckland.htm Frasers Cafe in Mount Eden
Road - very nice afghan biscuits
http://www.igougo.com/entertainment-...resso_Bar.html
Heleems Restaurant for a very nice curry (I have tried over 1 dozen in
Auckland over the past 2 months, this one was good)
http://www.dineout.co.nz/restaurant....Cuisine_(Halal)

rob

Old 11-10-2008, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/10/08 10:21, in article , "George.com"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.igougo.com/entertainment-...ers_Cafe_and_E
spresso_Bar.html
Heleems Restaurant for a very nice curry (I have tried over 1 dozen in
Auckland over the past 2 months, this one was good)
http://www.dineout.co.nz/restaurant....ia n_Cuisine_
(Halal)

rob

Woooooo! Terrifically useful, thank you. One of the joys of stayiing so
long and driving ourselves around is that we can do a lot of these things.
I'm printing your suggestions for my travel file.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes
wrote:

Some time ago I posted that we're going to NZ this autumn, so end of the
month it is! I had a lot of helpful advice about things to see and places
to visit for which I'm very grateful.

I'm very envious Sacha, with such happy memories of our trip last
winter, and the sunshine!!! Enjoy.

Won't that take you over the Christmas period? In which case i hope you
both have a very happy one and we'll all be agog to hear about the
plants you see over there!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

New Zealand yam Dwayne United Kingdom 12 30-06-2003 03:22 PM
Is New Zealand Sphagnum WAS repotting Andrew Orchids 1 24-06-2003 11:56 AM
New Zealand Flax by Mail Order? Don W Gardening 1 07-06-2003 03:20 PM
new zealand flax expert question!! mcameron, bill Gardening 8 06-06-2003 04:56 PM
New Zealand alpines - new photos Geoff Bryant United Kingdom 0 15-01-2003 12:27 AM