Old 19-11-2008, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default greenhouse

On Nov 19, 9:45*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message

k...

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:
In article , Rusty_Hinge
writes

Butbutbut - if you spray the plain sheet with carpet adhesive you can
put the bubble side down and have your flat-both-sidedness.

* Oh, er, I'll take your word for it Rusty!

Do - it works a treat. Depending on how many pieces you use, and how
small they are (or how large, if you're an optimist) it looks more or
less (or less or more) tidy.

--
Rusty

A few questions from her outdoors ;-)

1) The Bubblewrap we have in our greenhouse has to be replaced as the sun
breaks it down. Is this method any better to stop the decomposition of the
Bubblewrap?

2) How easy is it to get off when the decomposition does come and it has to
be replaced?

3) We find that Bubblewrap comes in different sorts of sizes and grades. Big
Bubbles. Small Bubbles etc. Which are best?

4) How is the best way to go about it in a full 8 x 6 greenhouse? *;-)

Look forward to your answers, .......... or offer to do ours ;-)

Mike- Hide quoted text -

Some good green house heaters can be found here
http://gardens.taylorschoice.co.uk/c..._equipment.php
if that is any help to you.

Also soil warming cables can be found here
http://gardens.taylorschoice.co.uk/c..._equipment.php
have a look and see what you think it may be of interest to you

Chris
Old 19-11-2008, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 19, 10:33*am, wrote:
On Nov 19, 9:45*am, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message

. uk...

[...]

Some good green house heaters can be found herehttp://gardens.taylorschoice.co.uk/categories/garden_heating_equipmen...
if that is any help to you.

Also soil warming cables can be found herehttp://gardens.taylorschoice.co..uk/categories/propagation_equipment.php
have a look and see what you think it may be of interest to you

Chris- Hide quoted text -

Sorry for posting twice, i forgot to mention Bubblewrap.

Good bubble insulation can be found here
http://gardens.taylorschoice.co.uk/p...1-5m_x_50m.php
which is ideal for greenhouses because it protects plants from frost
with minimal effect on light levels.

Hope this helps
Old 19-11-2008, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hope this helps

Not really. I didn't need your sales talk.

I respectfully suggest you read Percy Whiting's book, "The Five Great Rules
of Selling" and take note of the first rule.

Kindest regards.

Mike

Old 19-11-2008, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "'Mike'" contains these words:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
k...
The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:
In article , Rusty_Hinge
writes

Butbutbut - if you spray the plain sheet with carpet adhesive you can
put the bubble side down and have your flat-both-sidedness.

Oh, er, I'll take your word for it Rusty!

Do - it works a treat. Depending on how many pieces you use, and how
small they are (or how large, if you're an optimist) it looks more or
less (or less or more) tidy.

A few questions from her outdoors ;-)

1) The Bubblewrap we have in our greenhouse has to be replaced as the sun
breaks it down. Is this method any better to stop the decomposition of the
Bubblewrap?

No.

2) How easy is it to get off when the decomposition does come and it has to
be replaced?

I have just attached it mechanically, not stuck the film on the
greenhouse itself. I wouldn't advocate glueing it on - mainly from the
tattiness aspect.

3) We find that Bubblewrap comes in different sorts of sizes and
grades. Big
Bubbles. Small Bubbles etc. Which are best?

IMO, big bubbles, but only in the 'sandwiched' stuff.

4) How is the best way to go about it in a full 8 x 6 greenhouse? ;-)

A little one, then.

Depends. Drawing-pins for a wooden frame, double-sided sticky tape for
an aluminium frame.

IMO, of course.

Look forward to your answers, .......... or offer to do ours ;-)

Enough on my plate as it is - haven't finished building mine...

--
Tony
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 19-11-2008, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anthony Anson" wrote in message
[...]

Many thanks Tony. Your answers are very much in line with what I thought.

and when you 'have' finished ..............?? ;-)

Best wishes

Mike

Old 19-11-2008, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

[...]

Mike, you can get UV proofed bubblewrap, it costs more but lasts up to 17
years.
Rusty's method of using UV resistant polythene (like old tunnel cover)
next to the glass then bubble wrap would also work, the glue was between
the plastic sheets not on the glass!
What ever you use the easiest way to fix it is those small green plastic
plugs that go in the slot then turn.
Big bubbles and a 1.2M roll will work best for 8x6' greenhouse.

I do the roof first, one whole piece each side, then the sides one whole
piece each side, followed by the ends which are fiddly, you may have to
cut around vents.
and no chance of doing yours, horrible job especially as I always leave
it untill the damn things are full then try and work around the plants!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 19-11-2008, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Thanks Charlie.

We are familiar with the little green twisty things as we have used them and
that is what I think "WE" have decided to use again. ;-)

Mike

Old 19-11-2008, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Charlie Pridham writes
In article ,
says...

1) The Bubblewrap we have in our greenhouse has to be replaced as the sun
breaks it down. Is this method any better to stop the decomposition of the
Bubblewrap?

Mike, you can get UV proofed bubblewrap, it costs more but lasts up to 17
years.

You don't need to leave it up over the summer. I have a series of canes
along the roof of the greenhouse, and simply drape lengths of bubble
wrap over them, covering roofs and side. I leave permanent bubble wrap
on the bits of the sides that can be replaced easily. Takes me about 30
mins to put it all up and about the same to take it down. The current
bubblewrap (not UV proofed) has been going strong for at least 10 years.
--
Kay
Old 19-11-2008, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "'Mike'" contains these words:

Many thanks Tony. Your answers are very much in line with what I thought.

and when you 'have' finished ..............?? ;-)

Oh hooter!

Cover blown!

I'll be using polycarbonate Twinwall sheet all over.

But for the time being, one side of Twinwall, the other and the roof of
two sheets of UV-stable polythene with an inch airspace between them,
nab just *MAYBE*, next winter, bubblywarp.

_____________________
| GRUDGE \ W |
| Botormicycle | o |
| Complication | r |
|_______________| k |
| | s |
| Greenhouse | h |
| | o |
| | p |
|_____________|___/ __|

----South

Diagram doesn't cope with strange angles dictated by the shape of the plot

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Greenhouse for herbs? JoAnna Gardening 3 09-02-2003 03:36 PM
Cleaning greenhouse Dave Orchids 8 09-02-2003 08:01 AM
Central Illinois Retail Greenhouse, Garden Center, and Nursery Business - For Sale by Owner Eades Greenhouse and Nursery Gardening 0 03-02-2003 09:15 PM
Ant-hostile greenhouse Vespaman Orchids 0 28-01-2003 04:26 PM