Old 23-12-2008, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Postage up again

How will it affect you?

As a business you can put the price of your goods up.

As the President of two ex Service Associations, it will hit the retired,
especially those who have served their country.

Pensioners hit AGAIN :-((

Mike

--
..

Old 23-12-2008, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 23 Dec, 16:40, "'Mike'" wrote:
How will it affect you?

As a business you can put the price of your goods up.

As the President of two ex Service Associations, it will hit the retired,
especially those who have served their country.

Pensioners hit AGAIN :-((

Mike

--
.

Not when like so many people you have produced next seasons catalogue
and have set your prices and postage for next spring
David Hill
Old 23-12-2008, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 23 Dec, 16:40, "'Mike'" wrote:
How will it affect you?

As a business you can put the price of your goods up.

As the President of two ex Service Associations, it will hit the retired,
especially those who have served their country.

Pensioners hit AGAIN :-((

Mike

--
.

Not when like so many people you have produced next seasons catalogue
and have set your prices and postage for next spring
David Hill

Agree with you there :-((

I have found a niche in the market and am just about to start a new business
which I am very pleased to say uses very little, if any postage ;-)

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year to you.

Mike

Old 23-12-2008, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 23 Dec, 16:40, "'Mike'" wrote:
How will it affect you?

As a business you can put the price of your goods up.

As the President of two ex Service Associations, it will hit the retired,
especially those who have served their country.

Pensioners hit AGAIN :-((

Mike

--
.

Not when like so many people you have produced next seasons catalogue
and have set your prices and postage for next spring
David Hill

That would be very annoying. Presumably you put an addendum in the catalogue
to take account of it?

I know as soon as I heard of the increases today, I put a note in my diary
to buy in March a sizeable quantity of stamps.

Steve

Old 24-12-2008, 01:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 23 Dec, 16:40, "'Mike'" wrote:
How will it affect you?

As a business you can put the price of your goods up.

As the President of two ex Service Associations, it will hit the
retired,
especially those who have served their country.

Pensioners hit AGAIN :-((

Mike

--
.

Not when like so many people you have produced next seasons catalogue
and have set your prices and postage for next spring
David Hill

That would be very annoying. Presumably you put an addendum in the
catalogue to take account of it?

I know as soon as I heard of the increases today, I put a note in my diary
to buy in March a sizeable quantity of stamps.

Steve

Not fussed , the service by Royal Mail is worth it i think.
Check out how much other companies charge, we would be lost without RM.

Old 24-12-2008, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Remember urglers don't pay ransoms to pirates.
--

Martin

Couldn't agree more, even though I am going through the Gulf of Aden next
month on a cruise.

Athens, another hot spot first, then Mumbai, another one and later Bangkok!!

I will report on 'like UK gardening' matters on my return and on the cruise
with recommendations :-)

Merry Christmas all

Mike

Old 24-12-2008, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:

Athens, another hot spot first, then Mumbai, another one and later Bangkok!!

Oh well, 3 chances to get rid of you - fingers crossed...
Old 24-12-2008, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Jimbob" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:

Athens, another hot spot first, then Mumbai, another one and later
Bangkok!!

Oh well, 3 chances to get rid of you - fingers crossed...

Merry Christmas to you too :-))))

Old 24-12-2008, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
How will it affect you?

As a business you can put the price of your goods up.

As the President of two ex Service Associations, it will hit the retired,
especially those who have served their country.

Pensioners hit AGAIN :-((

Mike

Maybe you should of thought about that when you were young and earning.

Old 25-12-2008, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , "_skid_Bkk Lem
.. ,L
jlg" writes

"'Mike'" wrote in message
How will it affect you?

As a business you can put the price of your goods up.

As the President of two ex Service Associations, it will hit the retired,
especially those who have served their country.

Pensioners hit AGAIN :-((

Mike

Maybe you should of thought about that when you were young and earning.

I would not like to be "young and earning" now!
Retirement prospects are grim for the baby boomers.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Old 25-12-2008, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:28:36 +0000, Gordon H wrote:

I would not like to be "young and earning" now!

I'm not particulary young but do have to earn.

Retirement prospects are grim for the baby boomers.

Aye, I found out earlier in the year that they have sneaked another year
onto my retirement age, I now have to wait until I'mm 66 before I get the
state pension. If the state pension still exists by then, I hope it does
for me but for those less than 40 I'd be half making the assumption that
it won't by the time they reach retirement age.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 25-12-2008, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , "_skid_Bkk Lem
.. ,L jlg" writes

"'Mike'" wrote in message
How will it affect you?

As a business you can put the price of your goods up.

As the President of two ex Service Associations, it will hit the retired,
especially those who have served their country.

Pensioners hit AGAIN :-((

Mike

Maybe you should of thought about that when you were young and earning.

He did - like the rest of us who are now pensioners but this thieving
load of *******s has stolen the £43bn surplus from the National
Insurance pension fund and used it illegally to fund other expenditure
thereby keeping income tax down in a bid to win the next election.
Furthermore they have already earmarked the future estimated £110 bn
surplus, which is why they keep telling you younger people that there
will be a problem when you retire.

--
hugh
Old 25-12-2008, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 23:18:58 +0100, Martin wrote:

I now have to wait until I'mm 66 before I get the state pension.

It's still 65 for men.

It is *currently* but by the time I reach 65/66 it will be 66 for me.
There is State Pension Age Calculator at:

http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/...calculator.asp

Anyone not getting to 65 before April 2024 (ie 47/48 or younger) should
try that page and see what "surprise" is in store. By 2046 the state
pension age will be 68.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 25-12-2008, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 23:17:48 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

I have found a niche in the market and am just about to start a new business
which I am very pleased to say uses very little, if any postage ;-)

Yet another new business. Will it be any more successful than any of
the others?
What happened with the travel agency where you used to be organising
forces reunions? Did they chuck you out because they couldn't stand
your attitude?
Old 26-12-2008, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:

--
.
"Jimbob" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:

Athens, another hot spot first, then Mumbai, another one and later
Bangkok!!

Oh well, 3 chances to get rid of you - fingers crossed...

Merry Christmas to you too :-))))

Kindest possible regards