Old 28-12-2008, 07:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Recommendations for book about trees, particularly pruning

Hello -

Can anyone recommend a book that will tell me how to look after the trees
(many different types) in my garden, particularly with regard to pruning?

Thanks

Old 28-12-2008, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In ,
rgrgrgr manipulated the keyboard to produce this
pearl of wisdom

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tree-Pruning.../dp/0943563089

--
Chris
West Cork, Ireland

Old 28-12-2008, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 28, 10:21*am, "Cerumen" wrote:
,
rgrgrgr manipulated the keyboard to produce this
pearl of wisdom Hello -

Can anyone recommend a book that will tell me how to look after the
trees (many different types) in my garden, particularly with regard
to pruning?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tree-Pruning.../dp/0943563089

--
Chris
West Cork, Ireland

Chris totally OT are you back in Cork or writing from Barbados????

Judith
Old 28-12-2008, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In ,
Judith in France manipulated the keyboard to
produce this pearl of wisdom
On Dec 28, 10:21 am, "Cerumen" wrote:

Chris totally OT are you back in Cork or writing from Barbados????

Back in Cork for a while, might head to Barbados for January but no real
plans yet for next year.

--
Chris
West Cork, Ireland

Old 28-12-2008, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

,
produce this pearl of wisdom On Dec 28, 10:21 am, "Cerumen" wrote:

Chris totally OT are you back in Cork or writing from Barbados????

Back in Cork for a while, might head to Barbados for January but no real
plans yet for next year.

--
Chris
West Cork, Ireland

It must seem a bit odd to be back after a year? My friends are in
Cork for the New Year celebrations, it seems the place to be.

Judith

Old 28-12-2008, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In ,
Judith in France manipulated the keyboard to
produce this pearl of wisdom
On Dec 28, 11:07 am, "Cerumen" wrote:

Back in Cork for a while, might head to Barbados for January but no
real
plans yet for next year.

It must seem a bit odd to be back after a year? My friends are in
Cork for the New Year celebrations, it seems the place to be.

Not really, I have spent so much of my life living and working all over the
world that I just arrive most places and feel pretty much at home.

--
Chris
West Cork, Ireland

Old 28-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrgrgr View Post
Hello -

Can anyone recommend a book that will tell me how to look after the trees
(many different types) in my garden, particularly with regard to pruning?

Thanks

"The tree and shrub expert" by Dr DG Hessayon - less than 6 quid on Amazon, or even cheaper if you get a second hand one. Clear, simple, excellent on pruning and ID.
Old 30-12-2008, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:21:48 -0000, "Cerumen"
wrote:

In ,
rgrgrgr manipulated the keyboard to produce
this
pearl of wisdom
Hello -

Can anyone recommend a book that will tell me how to look after the
trees (many different types) in my garden, particularly with regard
to pruning?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tree-Pruning.../dp/0943563089

and/or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RHS-Pruning-.../dp/1405300736

or second hand from GBP2 plus P&P
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...ng&x= 49&y=14
--

Martin

I can vouch for this, too. It also covers shrubs, so any 'trees' you have
which are primarily shrubs will be covered, too.

Spider

Old 03-01-2009, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 28 2008, 7:22*am, "rgrgrgr" wrote:
Can anyone recommend a book that will tell me how to look after the trees
(many different types) in my garden, particularly with regard to pruning?

Yes, I always rely on Stefan Buczacki Best Pruning from fruit trees,
espaliers, bushes to deciduous/evergreen treesl, edges and climbers.
It's a comprehensive book, clearly explained. I've never came across
another one like it. isbn 0-600-59022-4 £5.99. You can get it on
amazon for less than £2.