Old 11-01-2009, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potiron OT

My neighbour has come round to see me and brought the most amazing
Potiron from her garden, it is huge and would feed the 5,000. I will
make soup but what else can I do with it?

Judith
Old 11-01-2009, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 Jan, 12:40, Judith in France
wrote:
My neighbour has come round to see me and brought the most amazing
Potiron from her garden, it is huge and would feed the 5,000. *I will
make soup but what else can I do with it?

Cut in cubes and roast them like you would with spuds, carrots,
parsnips. Cook with your spuds and mash, add nutmeg to go with your
sausages. Save the seeds and plant them. Make a lonnnnng necklace with
the seeds to use as halloween decorations. That's what I do )
Old 11-01-2009, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote ...
My neighbour has come round to see me and brought the most amazing
Potiron from her garden, it is huge and would feed the 5,000. I will
make soup but what else can I do with it?

Compost it is the best thing to do. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 11-01-2009, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009, wrote
wrote:
My neighbour has come round to see me and brought the most amazing
Potiron from her garden, it is huge and would feed the 5,000. *I will
make soup but what else can I do with it?

Cut in cubes and roast them like you would with spuds, carrots,
parsnips. Cook with your spuds and mash, add nutmeg to go with your
sausages. Save the seeds and plant them. Make a lonnnnng necklace with
the seeds to use as halloween decorations. That's what I do )

Wash, dry and then roast the seeds in a dry pan, when nicely done
sprinkle with soy sauce and let cool. They turn crispy and are
delicious.

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally
Old 11-01-2009, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 Jan, 15:06, AriesVal wrote:
I agree with what Helene has said, but you could also use some of it for
curry, or for sweets like pumpkin pie, or muffins ?

Hmmmm, curry. You made me really hungry suddenly )

Old 11-01-2009, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

My neighbour has come round to see me and brought the most amazing
Potiron from her garden, it is huge and would feed the 5,000. *I will
make soup but what else can I do with it?

Cut in cubes and roast them like you would with spuds, carrots,
parsnips. Cook with your spuds and mash, add nutmeg to go with your
sausages. Save the seeds and plant them. Make a lonnnnng necklace with
the seeds to use as halloween decorations. That's what I do )

Thanks Helene, advice taken.

Judith
Old 11-01-2009, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009, *wrote

wrote:
My neighbour has come round to see me and brought the most amazing
Potiron from her garden, it is huge and would feed the 5,000. *I will
make soup but what else can I do with it?

Cut in cubes and roast them like you would with spuds, carrots,
parsnips. Cook with your spuds and mash, add nutmeg to go with your
sausages. Save the seeds and plant them. Make a lonnnnng necklace with
the seeds to use as halloween decorations. That's what I do )

Wash, dry and then roast the seeds in a dry pan, when nicely done
sprinkle with soy sauce and let cool. They turn crispy and are
delicious.

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally

So much advice, can I retain it all? I'll try, thanks Kate.

Judith
Old 11-01-2009, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 11, 3:06*pm, AriesVal
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 04:40:14 -0800 (PST), Judith in France wrote:
My neighbour has come round to see me and brought the most amazing
Potiron from her garden, it is huge and would feed the 5,000. *I will
make soup but what else can I do with it?

Judith

I agree with what Helene has said, but you could also use some of it for
curry, or for sweets like pumpkin pie, or muffins ?
--
Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.http://ariesval.co.uk/val/

Pumpkin pie Val, do tell?

Judith
Old 11-01-2009, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 11, 4:31*pm, wrote:
On 11 Jan, 15:06, AriesVal wrote:

I agree with what Helene has said, but you could also use some of it for
curry, or for sweets like pumpkin pie, or muffins ?

Hmmmm, curry. You made me really hungry suddenly )

I had a curry tonight which friends cooked, it wasn't good, I do hope
they are not on this group!!!!! Have you a recipe please?

Judith
Old 11-01-2009, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 11, 3:53*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Judith in France" *wrote ...

My neighbour has come round to see me and brought the most amazing
Potiron from her garden, it is huge and would feed the 5,000. *I will
make soup but what else can I do with it?

Compost it is the best thing to do. *:-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Behave Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the soup it makes but I can't live on
soup alone :-)

Judith

Old 11-01-2009, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 11, 4:42*pm, AriesVal
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:53:27 -0000, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Judith in France" *wrote ...
My neighbour has come round to see me and brought the most amazing
Potiron from her garden, it is huge and would feed the 5,000. *I will
make soup but what else can I do with it?

Compost it is the best thing to do. *:-)

you horror lol
--
Words are loaded pistols. - Jean-Paul Sartrehttp://valwrite.livejournal.com/

RBob is a horror but I have known him for so many years that I make
allowances for him, he's lovely. Plus, he knows everything, I mean
everything about gardening.

Judith
Old 11-01-2009, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote ...
after "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote ...

My neighbour has come round to see me and brought the most amazing
Potiron from her garden, it is huge and would feed the 5,000. I will
make soup but what else can I do with it?

Compost it is the best thing to do. :-)

Behave Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the soup it makes but I can't live on
soup alone :-)

I know some people like it but it's not for me, and as for pumpkin pie..
yuck!
Roasted it may be Ok but I doubt it comes close to a Butternut even then.
Roasted Butternut and red onions, wonderful.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 11-01-2009, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote ...
AriesVal wrote:
, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote ...
My neighbour has come round to see me and brought the most amazing
Potiron from her garden, it is huge and would feed the 5,000. I will
make soup but what else can I do with it?

Compost it is the best thing to do. :-)

you horror lol

RBob is a horror but I have known him for so many years that I make
allowances for him, he's lovely. Plus, he knows everything, I mean
everything about gardening.

Very kind, but regarding the gardening knowledge, I do hope not, my life
would have no point then. :-)
Besides, there are usually quite a few ways to do things in gardening, all
of which are correct if successful.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden