Old 07-03-2009, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Off to Harlow Carr today:)

Grow your own open day

"The veg season kicks off with a FREE open day, including talks by RHS experts, planting demonstrations, garden walks and fruit and veg exhibitors."

Exactly what I need)

Old 07-03-2009, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Grow your own open day

From seed?

Anyway, enjoy. I'd go myself if it wasn't so far.

Steve

Old 07-03-2009, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

(!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
(HTML(HEAD
(META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
(META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.5726" name=GENERATOR
(STYLE(/STYLE
(/HEAD
(BODY
(DIV(SPAN class=title-text(FONT face="Arial Narrow"Grow your own open
day(/FONT(/SPAN(/DIV
(DIV(SPAN class=title-text(FONT face="Arial
Narrow"(/FONT(/SPAN (/DIV
(DIV(SPAN class=title-text(FONT face="Arial Narrow""The veg season
kicks off
with a FREE open day, including talks by RHS experts, planting
demonstrations,
garden walks and fruit and veg exhibitors."(/FONT(/SPAN(/DIV
(DIV(SPAN class=title-text(FONT face="Arial
Narrow"(/FONT(/SPAN (/DIV
(DIV(SPAN class=title-text(FONT face="Arial Narrow"Exactly what I
need)(/FONT(/SPAN(/DIV
(DIV(SPAN class=title-text(FONT face="Arial
Narrow"(/FONT(/SPAN (/DIV
(DIV(SPAN class=title-text(FONT
face="Arial Narrow"(/FONT(/SPAN (/DIV(/BODY(/HTML

A?

--
Rusty
Men love women, women love children, children love hamsters.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 7, 9:15*am, "Ophelia" wrote:
Grow your own open day

"The veg season kicks off with a FREE open day, including talks by RHS experts, planting demonstrations, garden walks and fruit and veg exhibitors."

Exactly what I need)

I've never been there, let us know how you got on.

Judith
Old 07-03-2009, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty Hinge wrote:
[...]

Hm! I didn't never not say any of that. Wot you accusing me of? eh?
Wot???

Old 07-03-2009, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

shazzbat wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in message
Grow your own open day

From seed?

g Yers. It was put to me, by my fella, that it might be fun to grow our
own open day

Hey, I didn't write it, I just copied it

Anyway, enjoy. I'd go myself if it wasn't so far.

We only heard about it last evening, so when we went, we knew nothing about
the workshops bookings. So, we didn't get to any but who cared We had a
wonderful time wondering about and seeing everything I looked at
everything I had an interest in and photographed all the signs,
explanations, ideas that I could. It was perfect. We have had a relaxing
and enjoyable time)

Old 07-03-2009, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Anne Welsh Jackson contains these words:
"Ophelia" wrote:

Hm! I didn't never not say any of that. Wot you accusing me of? eh?
Wot???

FFS get a clue! Posting in html is a big NO-NO!

Now-now! It's not anything usual, and I doubt very much if O ever sees
HTML code in her news/mail client. It's just nice to be all superior and
pat Tim (posthumously), Tim, whatever happened to him? and Andy on the
back(s) for maintaining strict internet/usenet standards and protocols
in the capabilities (and culpabilities) of our equipment - Oo-er!

--
Rusty
Old 07-03-2009, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty Hinge wrote:
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

(!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
(HTML(HEAD

snippy
where you get that from please?
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 07-03-2009, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Pete C" contains these words:

Rusty Hinge wrote:
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

(!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
(HTML(HEAD

snippy
where you get that from please?

Ophelia posted in HTML by mistake.

A proper newsreader doesn't render HTML, it just displays the code if
it's there.

So those readers with HTML culpability wouldn't just convert the code to
a pretty-pretty page, I used the Edit/Find-Replace function to find all
and convert to (.

HTH

--
Rusty

Old 07-03-2009, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Probably best ignored, Rusty. AnneJ and a minority of her acquaintances
are bringing here a feud they have against Ophelia that they are promoting
elsewhere. Rise above it.......... Better yet, let's ignore it. ;-))

I don't indulge in feuds - sink cruise-liners, maybe.

--
Rusty
Old 08-03-2009, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7 Mar, 09:15, "Ophelia" wrote:

Exactly what I need)

Lucky thing. I'm stuck in Germany in the pouring rain

Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

bobharvey wrote:
On 7 Mar, 09:15, "Ophelia" wrote:

Exactly what I need)

Lucky thing. I'm stuck in Germany in the pouring rain.

Hopefully, you will be home sometime and can catch up with them?

Where are you in Germany? My daughter lives in Alsdorf

Old 08-03-2009, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 8/3/09 00:04, in article , "Anne
Welsh Jackson" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

Now-now! It's not anything usual, and I doubt very much if O ever sees
HTML code in her news/mail client. It's just nice to be all superior and
pat Tim (posthumously), Tim, whatever happened to him? and Andy on the
back(s) for maintaining strict internet/usenet standards and protocols
in the capabilities (and culpabilities) of our equipment - Oo-er!

Probably best ignored, Rusty. AnneJ and a minority of her acquaintances
are bringing here a feud they have against Ophelia that they are promoting
elsewhere. Rise above it.......... Better yet, let's ignore it. ;-)

Why not shut uppa yo face, Sacha? "Rusty" and I have been acquainted
for a great many years. How long exactly, I'm not sure, but probably into
the "teens" now? I, personally, have no feud with Ophelia - other than
when she posts in HTML, of course.

Whether Ophelia feels she has a feud with me is Ophelia's problem,
certainly not YOURS. So my advice would be to keep your long nose OUT!

Then take your grudges elsewhere. Rusty may have known you half his life
but that doesn't change the fact that you harass people from pillar to post.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com