Old 22-05-2009, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chelsea Flower Show photos

I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show 2009
on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.
--
Paul C
Old 22-05-2009, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show 2009
on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.
--
Paul C

Beautiful pictures Paul.
--
Bill.
South/West Durham

Old 22-05-2009, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 22, 12:02*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show 2009
on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.
--
Paul C

Wow, thank you. I loved the Clematis Kingfish. Am I showing my
ignorance in asking if two have been planted, blue and white or is it
bi coloured?

Judith
Old 22-05-2009, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show 2009
on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.

They are lovely, Paul. Many thanks. I have kept the article so I can
keep going to look at them.
--
June Hughes
Old 22-05-2009, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-22 12:02:10 +0100, Paul Corfield said:

I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show 2009
on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.

Very much. Thank you for posting them.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Old 22-05-2009, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 2009-05-22 12:02:10 +0100, Paul Corfield said:

I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show 2009
on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.

Very much. *Thank you for posting them.
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Great Pics,
Thanks
David Hill
Old 23-05-2009, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Paul Corfield wrote:
I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show
2009 on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.

I did indeed! Thank you for posting them

Old 24-05-2009, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 22 May 2009 12:02:10 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show 2009
on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.

Lovely pics, and no faces of presenters to spoil the view. I watched
most of the TV coverage and was really annoyed by the intrusion of the
presenters obscuring the view of the plants.

Pam in Bristol
Old 24-05-2009, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 22 May 2009 04:22:31 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
wrote:

On May 22, 12:02*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show 2009
on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.
--
Paul C

Wow, thank you. I loved the Clematis Kingfish. Am I showing my
ignorance in asking if two have been planted, blue and white or is it
bi coloured?

Judith - I believe it is just the blue flower. Details from the grower
here. It was on their stand.

http://www.raymondevisonclematis.com...p?productId=24

Nice to see plenty of people enjoyed the photos - thank you for looking.

--
Paul C
Old 24-05-2009, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On May 22, 12:02*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show 2009
on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.
--
Paul C

Wow, thank you. I loved the Clematis Kingfish. Am I showing my
ignorance in asking if two have been planted, blue and white or is it
bi coloured?

Judith - I believe it is just the blue flower. Details from the grower
here. It was on their stand.

http://www.raymondevisonclematis.com...p?productId=24

Huge organisation in Guernsey and very good, too. Do you happen to
know the name of the white one? I think I'm starting to channel
Gertrude Jekyll! ;-))

Nice to see plenty of people enjoyed the photos - thank you for looking.

They were terrific photos and especialy valuable to those who couldn't
get to Chelsea themselves AND who felt the Beeb coverage of the marquee
left a lot to be desired!
I'm getting very fed up with all of it being about 'design', much of
which is 'designed' to draw attentioni to the designer, not the plants.
This in no way is intended to denigrate the designers but most people
either can't afford designers or don't want them. They want to do
their own gardens and choose their own plants for them. BBC - please
note for next year!
As a few in the trade have said, either Chelsea starts paying attention
to the Nurserymen who exhibit in the marquee AND allows them to start
selling plants, or that aspect of Chelsea will gradually disappear.
It's too expensive and time-consuming for a lot of people to
participate and in the end, this might be harmful. Now that people can
shop for plants over the Internet, the RHS is going to have to look
carefully at the value of a show that is comparatively small and
crowded and which does not enable people who might travel miles to get
to it, to buy plants once they get there.

Old 25-05-2009, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 24 May 2009 22:59:34 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Judith - I believe it is just the blue flower. Details from the grower
here. It was on their stand.

http://www.raymondevisonclematis.com...p?productId=24

Huge organisation in Guernsey and very good, too. Do you happen to
know the name of the white one? I think I'm starting to channel
Gertrude Jekyll! ;-))

Apologies but I did not note the name of the white one. I just thought
they looked a lovely combination.

Nice to see plenty of people enjoyed the photos - thank you for looking.

They were terrific photos and especialy valuable to those who couldn't
get to Chelsea themselves AND who felt the Beeb coverage of the marquee
left a lot to be desired!

I have a rather smaller set of other plant photos from previous shows
and some visits. I have other NGS visit photos but many of the garden
owners do not like photos to be web published so they're off limits
unfortunately.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7614565240840/

Not as varied as the Chelsea lot but people may like to see them. I
have adjusted my Flickr settings so people should be able to see a
larger image if they wish to - see the "all sizes" button above the
photo.

--
Paul C

Old 25-05-2009, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show 2009
on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.

Lovely pics, and no faces of presenters to spoil the view. I watched
most of the TV coverage and was really annoyed by the intrusion of the
presenters obscuring the view of the plants.

Pam in Bristol

Great pictures, I agree with Pam.
I am not a great fan of Auriculars but there was one there that I liked, it
shot across the screen so fast and was not named. Does anyone have a link to
the Auricular growers that were there. I would search myself but I cannot
find my glasses, put them down somewhere but where where where

kate goes off grumbling

Old 25-05-2009, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-25 00:07:02 +0100, Paul Corfield said:

On Sun, 24 May 2009 22:59:34 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Judith - I believe it is just the blue flower. Details from the grower
here. It was on their stand.

http://www.raymondevisonclematis.com...p?productId=24

Huge organisation in Guernsey and very good, too. Do you happen to
know the name of the white one? I think I'm starting to channel
Gertrude Jekyll! ;-))

Apologies but I did not note the name of the white one. I just thought
they looked a lovely combination.

You're right, it's a beautiful combination - very fresh and summery
looking. When Charlie isn't so busy (ha!) he might have time to look
at it and see if he knows which it is. If not I'll ask Evison's.

Nice to see plenty of people enjoyed the photos - thank you for looking.

They were terrific photos and especialy valuable to those who couldn't
get to Chelsea themselves AND who felt the Beeb coverage of the marquee
left a lot to be desired!

I have a rather smaller set of other plant photos from previous shows
and some visits. I have other NGS visit photos but many of the garden
owners do not like photos to be web published so they're off limits
unfortunately.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7614565240840/

Not as varied as the Chelsea lot but people may like to see them. I
have adjusted my Flickr settings so people should be able to see a
larger image if they wish to - see the "all sizes" button above the
photo.

Thanks, Paul - you take wonderful photos!

Old 25-05-2009, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 25 May 2009 08:47:38 +0100, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

I have posted a selection of my photos from the Chelsea Flower Show 2009
on my Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2475974...7618614051158/

I hope you enjoy them.

Lovely pics, and no faces of presenters to spoil the view. I watched
most of the TV coverage and was really annoyed by the intrusion of the
presenters obscuring the view of the plants.

Pam in Bristol

Great pictures, I agree with Pam.
I am not a great fan of Auriculars but there was one there that I liked, it
shot across the screen so fast and was not named. Does anyone have a link to
the Auricular growers that were there. I would search myself but I cannot
find my glasses, put them down somewhere but where where where

A check of the show programme says W&S Lockyer were the exhibitors.

http://www.homesandgardens.com/event...le_282952.html

--
Paul C
Old 25-05-2009, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

A check of the show programme says W&S Lockyer were the exhibitors.

http://www.homesandgardens.com/event...le_282952.html

--
Paul C

Thank you Paul, very helpful