Old 31-05-2009, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden Shredder advice

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a basic shredder for occasional use that will
deal with branches of something in the region of 12-15mm in diameter.

Many thanks

M.C.P

Old 31-05-2009, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"mrcpea" wrote in message
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a basic shredder for occasional use that will
deal with branches of something in the region of 12-15mm in diameter.

Many thanks

M.C.P

Certainly NOT the JCB. They should stick to their tractor/diggers and clog
up the roads more.

Hopeless

Mike

Old 31-05-2009, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mrcpea wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a basic shredder for occasional use that will
deal with branches of something in the region of 12-15mm in diameter.

Many thanks

M.C.P

Very pleased with my Bosch 'quiet' shredder. I think it is the AXT2200HP

Not the cheapest but it is much quieter than the 'flying blade' type I
had before.

Bob
Old 31-05-2009, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mrcpea wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a basic shredder for occasional use that will
deal with branches of something in the region of 12-15mm in diameter.

Many thanks

M.C.P

Avoid Black and Decker like the plague. I threw mine away - I spent more
time unblocking it than using it. Complete rubbish. The Bosch quiet
shredders have had lots of good comments on this group over the years.

--
David in Normandy.
Old 31-05-2009, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 31 May 2009 David in Normandy wrote:

Can anyone recommend a basic shredder for occasional use that will
deal with branches of something in the region of 12-15mm in diameter.

Avoid Black and Decker like the plague. I threw mine away - I spent
more time unblocking it than using it. Complete rubbish. The Bosch
quiet shredders have had lots of good comments on this group over the
years.

And I'm very pleased with my Viking quiet shredder. It has given me
quite a few years of good service now.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 31-05-2009, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
mrcpea wrote:

Can anyone recommend a basic shredder for occasional use that will
deal with branches of something in the region of 12-15mm in diameter.

All together, now! BOSCH 2200.

Seriously. A little pricier than the cheap ones, but everybody who
has one (including me) swears by them. Most people spend their
time swearing at the el cheapo ones ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 31-05-2009, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 31, 12:05*pm, David in Normandy
wrote:
mrcpea wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a basic shredder for occasional use that will
deal with branches of something in the region of 12-15mm in diameter.

Many thanks

M.C.P

Avoid Black and Decker like the plague. I threw mine away - I spent more
time unblocking it than using it. Complete rubbish. The Bosch quiet
shredders have had lots of good comments on this group over the years.

--
David in Normandy.

I agree with you, ours was more trouble than it was worth.

Judith
Old 31-05-2009, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:

Can I ask a question of the Bosch Shredder Appreciation faction please

I have the AXT2200HP - quiet and most confusingly there is a AXT2200 as
well not called "noisy" but RAPID instead.
How do the two compare? is the rapid a high speed spinning blade type?

If I recall correctly, yes. You want to 'cog' version - the spinning
blade ones are cheaper and nastier.

Very confusing to have such similar numbering system.

Indeed.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a basic shredder for occasional use that will
deal with branches of something in the region of 12-15mm in diameter.

Many thanks

M.C.P

Only one worth considering but its probably more than you intended
spending, bite the bullet you wont regret it!
Bosch 2200 quite shredder
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 03-06-2009, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 31 May 2009 10:42:59 +0100, mrcpea
wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a basic shredder for occasional use that will
deal with branches of something in the region of 12-15mm in diameter.

Many thanks

M.C.P

Many thanks for everyones kind advice.

M.C.P