Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Agression

I have remarked on this before in this newsgroup. Gardening is 'supposed' to
be relaxing, therapeutic, satisfying and all sorts of other things, but time
and time again aggression rears its' ugly head against all sorts of people.

Why?

Is it because of the aggression against weeds? They MUST be eliminated. THAT
plant won't grow, WHY WHY WHY? I WANT it to grow. The weather? We want some
rain, where's the rain, for crying out loud my plants are dying for rain,
(or the other way round)

The neighbours hedge is cutting out my light, I WANT IT DOWN.

Etc, etc etc.

Is that why it spills into this newsgroup?

There is aggression there ALL the time really?

Just a thought.

DO have a nice day.

Mike
Now waiting for the aggression to fly my way :-)
--
..

Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:35:52 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

I have remarked on this before in this newsgroup. Gardening is 'supposed' to
be relaxing, therapeutic, satisfying and all sorts of other things, but time
and time again aggression rears its' ugly head against all sorts of people.

Why?

Is it because of the aggression against weeds? They MUST be eliminated. THAT
plant won't grow, WHY WHY WHY? I WANT it to grow. The weather? We want some
rain, where's the rain, for crying out loud my plants are dying for rain,
(or the other way round)

The neighbours hedge is cutting out my light, I WANT IT DOWN.

Etc, etc etc.

Is that why it spills into this newsgroup?

There is aggression there ALL the time really?

Just a thought.

DO have a nice day.

Mike
Now waiting for the aggression to fly my way :-)

Mike, You need to take a break from this usenet business. It is not
good for you to get so deeply involved. Try something else for a
while.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
wrote:

[...]

Don't believe me? Sit back and watch over a 6 month period!!
Watch the fur fly from time to time. All of this against me now is just 'run
of the mill' stuff. It will be someone else next time

Kind regards

Mike

Old 04-06-2009, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Mike, I won't go into detail in a public forum or get involved in a
long discussion.
But please believe me. I have some training in these matters and I
really do think that you should avoid getting so emotionally involved.
Perhaps a quiet chat with your GP would help to clear the air?
That's all I can say.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

JohnT wrote:

Mike, You need to take a break from this usenet business. It is not
good for you to get so deeply involved.

The only treatment Mike needs is a good plonking.
And not having his posts quoted in full by others for the edification of
those who have already done so.

But that's just my opinion.
I may be wrong.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"JohnT" wrote in message
Mike, I won't go into detail in a public forum or get involved in a
long discussion.
But please believe me. I have some training in these matters and I
really do think that you should avoid getting so emotionally involved.
Perhaps a quiet chat with your GP would help to clear the air?
That's all I can say.

Duty Comedian for the day are you?

NOT the sort of advice to give on this newsgroup of ALL newsgroups!!!

If you want to give advice, especially on medical and emotional matters, I
feel sure there are far more worthy subjects than me!!!

Do have a nice day.

I am off in the sun in a minute to meet some people I am doing business
with. They rang me up and are 'Looking forward to seeing me.' Doesn't that
say something????

Kind regards Doctor

Mike

Old 04-06-2009, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gary Woods wrote:

The only treatment Mike needs is a good plonking.
And not having his posts quoted in full by others for the edification of
those who have already done so.

But that's just my opinion.
I may be wrong.

I share your opinion. While I haven't plonked him it is very rare I
bother looking at any of his posts because they are usually either self
aggrandising or making snide or patronising remarks about other posters.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

JohnT wrote:
Mike, I won't go into detail in a public forum or get involved in a
long discussion.
But please believe me. I have some training in these matters and I
really do think that you should avoid getting so emotionally involved.
Perhaps a quiet chat with your GP would help to clear the air?
That's all I can say.

It's hard for me to tell whether he has 'learning difficulties' or if he
is just a (poor) troll.

He acts in a similar (and sometimes rather more sinister) way on
uk.local.isle-of-wight and is generally considered the group nutter
there as well.
Goodness knows why a self-confessed non-gardener hangs around here anyway.
The only way to get rid of him is not to reply to any of his posts.
Once he realises that he's not getting any attention here he'll be off.
Quite sad really.

Jeff
Old 05-06-2009, 07:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Jeff" wrote in message
JohnT wrote:
[...]