Old 07-06-2006, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Crowe

Default Agression .... AGAIN :-((

Why does this newsgroup, dealing with the peaceful pastime of 'gardening',
break out into agressive arguements every so often with those 'who know'
stating in no uncertain terms to those 'who don't know', that they are right
and everybody else is wrong?

I see it has happened again with the 'owners' taking sides against everybody
else, even down to a response which will be 'it's not everybody else, it's
just those who are wrong' :-(((((

Michael Crowe

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

Old 07-06-2006, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Crowe

Who will it be to correct me ;-) ????

Old 07-06-2006, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default Agression .... AGAIN :-(( OT

In message , Michael Crowe
writes
Who will it be to correct me ;-) ????

Michael Crowe

Nothing to correct. This is Usenet. Anyone can post here and say what
they like. Except - when a subject if off-topic it is polite to state
that fact in the header.

--
June Hughes
Old 07-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Registered User

Location: South West UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Crowe
"Why does this newsgroup, dealing with the peaceful pastime of 'gardening',
break out into agressive arguements........" Michael Crowe

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007
I have only been using this site for 2 weeks and have mostly just lurked, gleaning some great snippets of information ( thank you all ), but I have to agree with you. I'm amazed at the sniping and backbiting in some posts. Its a shame as its a very useful group to belong to but to tell the truth I feel a bit uncomfortable reading some threads. Maybe I'm just pretty laid back and non aggressive.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , The Invalid
writes
On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 08:14:17 +0100, "Michael Crowe"
wrote:

Who will it be to correct me ;-) ????

Michael Crowe

Not me, I agree with you.

As with everything there are many ways to do any single job, same with
gardening. When we moved to our present house we were told in no
uncertain terms by our neighbour that we would never be able to grow
blueberries because of the soil.
We still get a fine crop every year.

The moral of that story is 'never take advice from your neighbours'
--
June Hughes

Old 07-06-2006, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins

"trin" wrote in message

Michael Crowe Wrote:
"Why does this newsgroup, dealing with the peaceful pastime of
'gardening',
break out into agressive arguements........" Michael Crowe

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

I have only been using this site for 2 weeks and have mostly just
lurked, gleaning some great snippets of information ( thank you all ),
but I have to agree with you. I'm amazed at the sniping and backbiting
in some posts. Its a shame as its a very useful group to belong to but
to tell the truth I feel a bit uncomfortable reading some threads.
Maybe I'm just pretty laid back and non aggressive.

What exactly do you mean by aggressive?? Who the hell asked you??
Any aggression round here is purely imaginary and if you disagree, I will
come over and sort you out.

Des

--
trin

Old 07-06-2006, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

trin wrote:
I have only been using this site for 2 weeks and have mostly just
lurked, gleaning some great snippets of information ( thank you all ),
but I have to agree with you. I'm amazed at the sniping and backbiting
in some posts. Its a shame as its a very useful group to belong to but
to tell the truth I feel a bit uncomfortable reading some threads.
Maybe I'm just pretty laid back and non aggressive.

Therefore you should stay around and contribute. We can do with people
like you )

Where does your garden grow?

Old 07-06-2006, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

trin writes

I have only been using this site for 2 weeks and have mostly just
lurked, gleaning some great snippets of information ( thank you all ),
but I have to agree with you. I'm amazed at the sniping and backbiting
in some posts. Its a shame as its a very useful group to belong to but
to tell the truth I feel a bit uncomfortable reading some threads.
Maybe I'm just pretty laid back and non aggressive.

When you've been here a bit longer, you may also discern patterns of
posting which have eluded you at present. Or you may not.

--
Kay
Old 07-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Registered User

Location: South West UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Puce
Where does your garden grow?
In SouthGloucestershire, is that really a county? We used to be Avon. Although I have gardened in a very amateruish manner for 18 yrs or so, we have just aquired a plot ajoining our land of about 1/5 of an acre, which effectivly more than doubles our garden. Its very exciting as its like starting from new again, but there are lots of challenges ahead.
I'm hoping you folks won't mind lots of questions.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Registered User

Location: South West UK

I have only been here two weeks, I have no idea what you mean about not being here, being at Garden Banter.Am I posting on the wrong site? because its not clear in the instructions. I'm rather confused. I have made no judgments about anyone and I dont want to take sides. And in two weeks I dont know how I am supposed to know who is a troll and who is not. I have found some posts aggressive and if you told me I talked "shit" I have to say I would find that aggressive.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

trin wrote:
In SouthGloucestershire, is that really a county? We used to be Avon.
Although I have gardened in a very amateruish manner for 18 yrs or so,
we have just aquired a plot ajoining our land of about 1/5 of an acre,
which effectivly more than doubles our garden. Its very exciting as its
like starting from new again, but there are lots of challenges ahead.
I'm hoping you folks won't mind lots of questions.

Exciting indeed! Can't wait to hear more in another new positive thread
;o)

Old 08-06-2006, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

trin writes

La Puce Wrote:

Where does your garden grow?

In SouthGloucestershire, is that really a county? We used to be Avon.

Is Avon really a county? I remember it as Gloucestershire (or did it
include a bit of Somerset?) ;-)

Although I have gardened in a very amateruish manner for 18 yrs or so,
we have just aquired a plot ajoining our land of about 1/5 of an acre,
which effectivly more than doubles our garden. Its very exciting as its
like starting from new again, but there are lots of challenges ahead.
I'm hoping you folks won't mind lots of questions.

Not at all, you're very welcome. It's also worth looking at the FAQs and
searching the archives, as there's been a wealth of good advice here
over the years

--
Kay
Old 08-06-2006, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

trin writes

I have only been here two weeks, I have no idea what you mean about not
being here, being at Garden Banter.Am I posting on the wrong site?

What you are posting to is a newsgroup, part of 'usenet'. Gardenbanter,
as it says in the small print somewhere, is merely a 'portal' to
number of usenet newsgroups. Most of the more knowledgeable gardeners
here post and read using newsreading software. Some of us feel less than
friendly towards Gardenbanter because it is using our posts without our
consent for what seems to be a commercial operation making money through
its advertising and marketing area.

because its not clear in the instructions. I'm rather confused. I have
made no judgments about anyone and I dont want to take sides. And in
two weeks I dont know how I am supposed to know who is a troll and who
is not.

No, indeed! It's often a good idea to wait and observe before making
judgements. If you stick around, you'll get to 'know' the regular
posters, and decide which ones share your values and which don't.

I have found some posts aggressive and if you told me I talked
"shit" I have to say I would find that aggressive.

I guess you haven't come across usenet? We are an unmoderated newsgroup,
which means that nobody has been appointed to have sole responsibility
for what appears here. Instead, we have a charter which specifies what
is acceptable, and each and every one of us has a responsibility to
stick to that and to advise other people when they go over the bounds of
what is acceptable. Some people use the unmoderated nature to post
things that are not acceptable, but there is no way of deleting posts.

I have to say, though, that within the context of usenet groups, this is
a fairly polite one - we don't generally comment on the ancestry or
sexual practices of fellow posters.

--
Kay

Agression 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 10 05-06-2009 07:35 AM
Little Black Ants, Again & Again Derek Mark Edding North Carolina 13 22-09-2006 06:05 PM
Steveo Spanked Again - Was: rat does the tard dance...again Aratzio Lawns 35 10-07-2004 01:02 AM
SAE agression Jeff Lowe Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 04-07-2003 01:32 AM