Old 06-06-2009, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dear Gardeners

Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Fuschia wrote:
Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

Enjoy your holiday and come back soon

Old 06-06-2009, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia said:

Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

Good to hear you're going to be back, refreshed and ready for all that
weeding. ;-)
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Old 06-06-2009, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 5, 12:23*am, hound wrote:
I've only just found this newsgroup - there are some very useful
postings here, but is this antagonism usual - I'm not sure I want to
sort through this to get at the practical info.

Please tell me it's rare.

Fuschia wrote:
I had my laptop checked today and the firewall seems to have kept out
Mike's friend. I discussed it with my husband and we have passed the
information about the hacking to our solicitor who will decide what
action to take.
I have enjoyed reading all the gardening chat and advice here,
although I haven't posted very much because my own knowledge is very
basic.
But it has been ruined for me by Mike with all his horrible posting
and lies. He obviously gets a perverted pleasure out of taunting us
ladies and I don't want to think any more what he is up to behind his
keyboard.
So this is to say Goodbye from me to all you nice people, and I hope
that you can eventually get rid of the worst garden pest ever. *

This is a good newsgroup, often we chat over the garden fence; about
everyday things as gardeners do, but primarily, we are a newsgroup
about gardening. I am here to learn; mainly, I have some small
expertise with vines. One thing none of us tolerate, is flaming; it
is a no no. We have had it in the past and anyone who tries it now is
totally ignored. So welcome and tell us about your garden.

Judith
Old 06-06-2009, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 6, 9:53*am, Fuschia wrote:
Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

See you soon Fuschia.

Judith

Old 06-06-2009, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia said:

Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

Good to hear you're going to be back, refreshed and ready for all that
weeding. *;-)
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Yes, I'm considering sending a ticket for my weeding to be done!
After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Judith

Judith
Old 06-06-2009, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 6, 12:29*pm, Judith in France
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!
Old 06-06-2009, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Fuschia wrote:

If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.

There will always be people who take the bait. I tend to killfile them
too, at least temporarily. My reader has a setting to automatically expire
a killfile entry after xx days. I think of it as like Ice Hockey's penalty
box...

It's a beautiful day in the northeastern American colonies... time to put
up some more bean teepees and continue expanding the electrified deer
fence.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
moghouse writes
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

To decide whether they are prostrate or supine?

Supine Lupine has a better ring to it.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 06-06-2009, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H wrote:
In message
,
moghouse writes
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

To decide whether they are prostrate or supine?

Supine Lupine has a better ring to it.

I told you to eat more tomatoes. Oh no, that was prostate wasn't it

Old 06-06-2009, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Ophelia
writes
Gordon H wrote:
In message
,
moghouse writes
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

To decide whether they are prostrate or supine?

Supine Lupine has a better ring to it.

I told you to eat more tomatoes. Oh no, that was prostate wasn't it

That reminds me of a question I need to ask in a different thread.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 06-06-2009, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H wrote:
In message , Ophelia
writes
Gordon H wrote:
In message
,
moghouse writes
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

To decide whether they are prostrate or supine?

Supine Lupine has a better ring to it.

I told you to eat more tomatoes. Oh no, that was prostate wasn't it

That reminds me of a question I need to ask in a different thread.

If it's about your prostate Darlink be sure to mark it OT.

Saucy Bobbie.

--
http://www.smudgespatch.co.uk/newhome3.html
Old 06-06-2009, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H wrote:
In message , Ophelia
writes
Gordon H wrote:
In message
,
moghouse writes
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother
of a storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

To decide whether they are prostrate or supine?

Supine Lupine has a better ring to it.

I told you to eat more tomatoes. Oh no, that was prostate wasn't
it

That reminds me of a question I need to ask in a different thread.

Ok Which thread shall you use?

Old 06-06-2009, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

You're lucky! It's snowing here!!!!!!!!!!!
Graham

Old 06-06-2009, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-06 12:29:06 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia sa

id:

[...]

No storm yet but persistent rain since quite early this morning. We've
been watching the Normandy memorial celebrations and I'm glad it's not
raining in that bit of France!