Old 06-06-2009, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dear Gardeners

On 2009-06-06 15:24:33 +0100, "graham" said:

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

Good to hear you're going to be back, refreshed and ready for all that
weeding. ;-)
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Yes, I'm considering sending a ticket for my weeding to be done!
After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

_____________________________________

You're lucky! It's snowing here!!!!!!!!!!!
Graham

Have you considered moving??!! ;-)

Old 06-06-2009, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia

--

Many times! However, I have 2 adorable grandchildren here. I'd also have
to change my profession if I moved (I can't see the sense in retiring).

Old 06-06-2009, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-06 12:29:06 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia sa

id:

[...]

Judith

Judith

No storm yet but persistent rain since quite early this morning. *We've
been watching the Normandy memorial celebrations and I'm glad it's not
raining in that bit of France!
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

We went to the civil marriage of our friend's son today and our other
friend married them; it was very sincere and touching. Then all back
to the parents house for a coupe of Champagne and hot nibbles. The
religious ceremony is in 2 weeks time in Burgunday, regrettably we
can't go as I will be in the UK. The weather was dire at the
beginning of the ceremony but as we came out of the Mairie; sun broke
through the clouds. Our friend's son is an officer in the French army
stationed in Chadd and his new wife (lovely girl) is a parachutist,
stationed in Afganistan. All the flowers for the reception came from
my garden.

Judith
Old 06-06-2009, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 6, 1:27*pm, moghouse wrote:
On Jun 6, 12:29*pm, Judith in France
wrote:

After a monstrous few days of excessive heat, we had the mother of a
storm last night; my lupins are prostrate on the ground!!

Quick, somebody call Dennis Moore!

Too late I have cut them down!

Judith
Old 06-06-2009, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 6, 3:24*pm, "graham" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

Well Graham you will choose to live in Canada, come and live here, you
can still have snow!

Judith

Old 06-06-2009, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Jun 6, 3:24 pm, "graham" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

_______________________________________

Arguably, the most sensible thing Freud said was that there is no bad
weather, only bad clothes!
Graham

Old 06-06-2009, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

Well, the grand children would swing it if nothing else. I would hate
it if ours were thousands of miles away. And as Ray is never going to
retire, I can sympathise with your pov! In fact, Ray says that when
he finally pops off, he wants to be chucked on the bonfire and then
scattered in the garden, 3 oz to the square yard and forked in lightly.
;-))

Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-06 16:25:24 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jun 6, 3:46*pm, Sacha wrote:
snip

[...]

I can't *wait* tell Ray there are now female paratroopers......... ;-)
Sounds a lovely day, though. When my brother in law married a French
girl they had the civil ceremony one day and the church wedding the
next and I never did discover which they considered had meant they were
actually married.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

Because of the distance, my sons had very little contact with their
grandparents and #1 told me (after his first was born) that he felt deprived
and therefore wanted me to be a major part of his children's lives.
When I made my will, I stipulated the cheapest funeral possible and told my
lawyer that a sack would do! She was amused but didn't think it would be
possible!
Graham

Old 06-06-2009, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Fuschia" wrote in message
Hello gardening friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
I killfiled Mike a long time ago but the trouble is that there is
always someone who replies to him and copies what he says into the
thread. If only people would ALL agree to ignore him it would be a
much better place.
But you are right that one sick old man should not stop anyone else
posting here. We are going on holiday for a week but I will come back
after that and try to contribute something when I can.
Thank you all again for being so nice.

Thank you, Fuchsia, for staying on. That's good news. Have a really good
holiday and come back fighting fit.

You're right about encouraging 'Mike'. I even acknowledged him a few days
ago, simply because he was helpful and polite. I suppose I hoped that if I
responded only when he behaved, he might take the hint. I shall not do so
again. Hopefully, if everyone ignores him, or killfiles him, he will
disappear from sheer boredom.

Ta ra for now. Hope you have good weather.
Spider

Old 06-06-2009, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 6, 5:22*pm, "graham" wrote:

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

Good grief, that is exactly as Edward wants!!!! Actually it is
possible.

Judith
Old 06-06-2009, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 6, 5:00*pm, "graham" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...
On Jun 6, 3:24 pm, "graham" wrote:

"Judith in France" wrote in

On 2009-06-06 09:53:27 +0100, Fuschia
said:

[...]

I have good clothes but I don't want to swan around in ski gear for
months just to keep warm :-)

Judith
Old 06-06-2009, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-06 16:25:24 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jun 6, 3:46*pm, Sacha wrote:
snip

[...]

We have some of the visiting guests staying here tonight. We will
have to have Lottie sleep in our room as some leave at 5a.m. and
Lottie is still nervous of strangers in the house.

Judith
Old 06-06-2009, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Spider wrote:

Thank you, Fuchsia, for staying on. That's good news. Have a really good
holiday and come back fighting fit.

Seconded!
A good way to avoid posts from 'Mike' AKA 'Uncle Albert' is that if the
thread is actually about gardening then he won't have anything to say.

Jeff
Old 06-06-2009, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-06 20:45:37 +0100, Judith in France
said:
snip
We have some of the visiting guests staying here tonight. We will
have to have Lottie sleep in our room as some leave at 5a.m. and
Lottie is still nervous of strangers in the house.

Judith

A good thing, IMO. Our Oscar Underfoot, the wire haired dachshund,
goes off with monotonous regularity at the milk/paper man, Nursery
staff coming into the house, anyone knocking at the front door and the
postman. Some of these people are in and out of here every day but we
still get the 'woofs' and in fact, we rely upon him to tell us that the
papers have been delivered each morning! On Saturday, the papers are
rather later than normal but today he was barking at 07.30 and when Ray
went downstairs, sure enough, the papers and milk were there. He's a
very good guard dog and that's a good thing, IMO.