Old 24-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Registered User

Unhappy billit

could you please enlighten me as to why my thread i posted yesterday has not appeared .
Old 24-08-2009, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default billit

Billit wrote:
could you please enlighten me as to why my thread i posted yesterday
has not appeared

Well, since this is not a moderated group, it is most likely your news
server at fault.

Old 24-08-2009, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 24, 12:01*pm, Billit wrote:
could you please enlighten me as to why my thread i posted yesterday has
not appeared *.

'Cos you are the invisible man?
Old 24-08-2009, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:01:18 +0100, Billit
wrote:

could you please enlighten me as to why my thread i posted yesterday has
not appeared .

Because you are still using your name as a subject line. In my
archive your posts all come up under Billit. Try using a new and
specific subject line.

Pam in Bristol
Old 25-08-2009, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default billit- non appearance of message

Billit wrote:
could you please enlighten me as to why my thread i posted yesterday has
not appeared .

Quite possibly something to do with your use of Gardenbanter which is a
sort of unauthorised leech on the Usenet newsgroup system.

Your Internet Service provider almost certainly has a direct newsgroup
feed included in your subscription and whilst even these have the odd
hiccup, they are a lot better than gardenbanter.

Register for news - usually via your email program and select
UK.Rec.Gardening.

hth

Bob

PS please use the subject field properly.

Old 25-08-2009, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Minchin wrote:

PS please use the subject field properly.

A lot of people are likely to ignore his post because it has no suitable
subject line. The post look like spam. Whether people open posts depends
on how interesting or relevant the contents of the subject line are to them.

There are far too many posts across the number of groups that I and many
other people browse to bother opening all of them - especially when the
subject line indicates it is likely just spam. It is possible his posts
will also get automatically discarded and not make it to the newsgroups
of all service providers for the same reason. So it is hardly surprising
such posts don't always appear.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 25-08-2009, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

could you please enlighten me as to why my thread i posted yesterday has
not appeared .

Because you are still using your name as a subject line.

Exactly. It is also likely many news-servers will discard such a post
because it looks like spam. Having the same subject line as the user
name is a very bad idea for a number of reasons - unless he wants his
posts to reach very few people and for even less to bother opening them?

Old 06-12-2009, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Minchin wrote:
Billit wrote:
could you please enlighten me as to why my thread i posted yesterday has
not appeared .

Quite possibly something to do with your use of Gardenbanter which is a
sort of unauthorised leech on the Usenet newsgroup system.

Your Internet Service provider almost certainly has a direct newsgroup
feed included in your subscription and whilst even these have the odd
hiccup, they are a lot better than gardenbanter.

Fewer and fewer ISPs have a newsfeed, and of those which do, many will
only provide access to it if you get your broadband from them.

--
Rusty

billit Billit United Kingdom 2 27-06-2008 11:14 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 26-06-2008 08:48 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 18-06-2008 06:45 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 12-06-2008 09:42 AM
billit Billit United Kingdom 9 31-03-2008 09:20 PM