Old 06-01-2010, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default What Snow?

Good morning everyone from a portion of the country that is almost
snow free, we had around half an inch last night after around the same
yesterday mid morning, last night the temp went down to just 30f and
is now at 36f.
Looking at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ yesterday it looked as if the
snow was circling around us, with us in a clear vortex, and this
morning we seem to be above the snow band.
I am sure that our position overlooking the sea has a micro climate of
its own
I know we will have many with tales of deep snow etc.
All this talk of heavy snow etc takes me back to my younger days in
the south east of England, Hastings and Canterbury, when we realy did
get snow in the winter.
David Hill
Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
Good morning everyone from a portion of the country that is almost
snow free, we had around half an inch last night after around the same
yesterday mid morning, last night the temp went down to just 30f and
is now at 36f.
Looking at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ yesterday it looked as if the
snow was circling around us, with us in a clear vortex, and this
morning we seem to be above the snow band.
I am sure that our position overlooking the sea has a micro climate of
its own
I know we will have many with tales of deep snow etc.
All this talk of heavy snow etc takes me back to my younger days in
the south east of England, Hastings and Canterbury, when we realy did
get snow in the winter.
David Hill

Isle of White

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 06-01-2010, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Still tipping down here. OK, it's not much more than three or four
inches deep. Yet.

--
Rusty
Old 06-01-2010, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Still tipping down here. OK, it's not much more than three or four inches
deep. Yet.

It would help if we knew where 'here' was. Few posts in urg give any
indication of location. To see how it should be done, visit 'uk.sci.weather'

Phil
Kyle of Sutherland, 40 miles north of Inverness

Old 06-01-2010, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-01-06 12:11:16 +0000, "Phil Gurr" said:

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Still tipping down here. OK, it's not much more than three or four inches
deep. Yet.

It would help if we knew where 'here' was. Few posts in urg give any
indication of location. To see how it should be done, visit 'uk.sci.weather'

Phil
Kyle of Sutherland, 40 miles north of Inverness

It's something I've begged and pleaded for quite often. Now I wonder
if it would help if it went into the 'abc for newcomers'? What do
people think? It's almost invariable that someone will ask "what can I
plant?" without giving us an idea of where they live.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 06-01-2010, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 6 Jan, 12:11, "Phil Gurr" wrote:
"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message

Still tipping down here. OK, it's not much more than three or four inches
deep. Yet.

It would help if we knew where 'here' was. Few posts in urg give any
indication of location. To see how it should be done, visit 'uk.sci.weather'

Phil
Kyle of Sutherland, 40 miles north of Inverness

I'll hold up my hands as guilty, I thought I had said South Wales,
looking down on the Mumbles light house where the weather has been
almost tropical by the standards of what everyone else is having
see http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html

David Hill
Old 06-01-2010, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-01-06 12:11:16 +0000, "Phil Gurr" said:

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Still tipping down here. OK, it's not much more than three or four
inches
deep. Yet.

It would help if we knew where 'here' was. Few posts in urg give any
indication of location. To see how it should be done, visit
'uk.sci.weather'

Phil
Kyle of Sutherland, 40 miles north of Inverness

It's something I've begged and pleaded for quite often. Now I wonder if
it would help if it went into the 'abc for newcomers'? What do people
think? It's almost invariable that someone will ask "what can I plant?"
without giving us an idea of where they live.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Good idea. I keep meaning to add my location to my sig, but haven't got
there yet. Must try harder

Spider

Old 06-01-2010, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 6 Jan, 12:11, "Phil Gurr" wrote:
"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message

Still tipping down here. OK, it's not much more than three or four
inches
deep. Yet.

It would help if we knew where 'here' was. Few posts in urg give any
indication of location. To see how it should be done, visit
'uk.sci.weather'

Phil
Kyle of Sutherland, 40 miles north of Inverness

I'll hold up my hands as guilty, I thought I had said South Wales,
looking down on the Mumbles light house where the weather has been
almost tropical by the standards of what everyone else is having
see
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html

In another ng, someone posted this -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/we...-pay-rise.html

And seemed to think it was unreasonable. It makes sense to me, we're getting
25% more weather.

Steve