Old 08-01-2010, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New Year's Resolutions

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message
On 2010-01-08 10:11:34 +0000, "Ophelia"

On 2010-01-07 21:08:45 +0000, "Spider"

On 2010-01-07 16:48:18 +0000, "Spider"
said:

(snipped)
"Sacha" wrote in message
snip
And not spiders!! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

No. It's all right I'm not offended. Don't let it keep you
awake at
night
;-)
I won't even get legless drowning my sorrows .. hic.

Spider

That would be an awful lot of legless for a spider. ;-)
--
Sacha

I'm glad you understand my dilema:~)
Spider

Let me pass you a glass........ ;-)

or eight...
--

Then she wouldn't have a leg to stand on. ;-)

lol how about an elegant sliiiiiiiiiiiiide then?

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/
(wry smirk) when spiders fail to hold on with legs, they hold on with
*fangs*. Heh heh!

ahhhh fangs for that information
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

You're welcome. I would hardly spin you a line, would I? :~)
Spider

Of course not, especially when I am mourning the loss of my own wee hanger
onner
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Awww. Cheer up; there'll be one on each wing mirror in the spring, you wait
and see :~).

Spider

Old 08-01-2010, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message

Do give me a 'ping' if you remember where you read it, please. Although I
don't know all the wee beasties in my garden, I feel I've seen a few new
ones this summer, including a new (to me) spider. I didn't check it out,
but will look for it next year. It's probably as common as muck, but I
enjoy looking. I could do with an up-to-date insect guide to cover all
the new bugs this, er, global warming has introduced. The only good thing
about the current freeze is that it should wipe out a few of the nasty
little critters that have been plaguing us.

Spider! That is very naughty! You are not supposed to be looking for wee
beasties to make your lunch
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 08-01-2010, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

On 2010-01-08 16:22:44 +0000, "Spider" said:

"Ophelia" wrote in message
snip

'My' spider seems to have decamped out of my wing mirror. Probably
too
cold eh? Mine you -18c was a wee bit too cold for me too!
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Poor spider may very well be dead. Euthanasia for spiders (normally
pet
tarantulas) is the deep freeze :~(

Spider

How truly reassuring......

Sacha!!!
-- https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Shocking, isn't it, Ophelia?! Nevermind. Just wait till her garden is
full of pests ... we spiders will all go on strike. Then she'll be
sorry :~)

Ho yes, and when I have my own wee 'spider in residence' she shall be
informed!!
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

:~) Thank you so much, Ophelia, for looking after my friends. I'm sure
they'll do their duty for you come the bug season.

Indeed, as well as taking good care of my wing mirror

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 08-01-2010, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message
On 2010-01-08 10:11:34 +0000, "Ophelia"

On 2010-01-07 21:08:45 +0000, "Spider"

On 2010-01-07 16:48:18 +0000, "Spider"
said:

(snipped)
"Sacha" wrote in message
snip
And not spiders!! ;-)
--
[...]

Hmmm well if there isn't, I shall expect you to take up residence!

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 08-01-2010, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2010-01-08 17:51:36 +0000, June Hughes said:

In message , Spider
writes
On 2010-01-08 16:22:44 +0000, "Spider" said:

"Ophelia" wrote in message
snip
'My' spider seems to have decamped out of my wing mirror.
Probably too
cold eh? Mine you -18c was a wee bit too cold for me too!
--
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Poor spider may very well be dead. Euthanasia for spiders
(normally pet
tarantulas) is the deep freeze :~(
Spider
How truly reassuring......
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

LOL! I thought you'd appreciate that.
Spider

I read somewhere recently that you can discover new species of all
kinds of insects in your own garden.

Only if you're daft enough to keep looking for them! ;-))

I suppose so We had so many in the summer, it was impossible to move
in the garden without walking into a web.
--
June Hughes
Old 08-01-2010, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message
On 2010-01-08 10:11:34 +0000, "Ophelia"

On 2010-01-07 21:08:45 +0000, "Spider"

On 2010-01-07 16:48:18 +0000, "Spider"
said:

(snipped)
"Sacha" wrote in message
snip
And not spiders!! ;-)
--
[...]

Hope you've got a *big* car, then :~)
Spider

Old 08-01-2010, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

Do give me a 'ping' if you remember where you read it, please. Although
I don't know all the wee beasties in my garden, I feel I've seen a few
new ones this summer, including a new (to me) spider. I didn't check it
out, but will look for it next year. It's probably as common as muck,
but I enjoy looking. I could do with an up-to-date insect guide to cover
all the new bugs this, er, global warming has introduced. The only good
thing about the current freeze is that it should wipe out a few of the
nasty little critters that have been plaguing us.

Spider! That is very naughty! You are not supposed to be looking for wee
beasties to make your lunch
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Aww..go on. Just a few juicy ones :~}}
Spider

Old 09-01-2010, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message
On 2010-01-08 10:11:34 +0000, "Ophelia"

On 2010-01-07 21:08:45 +0000, "Spider"

On 2010-01-07 16:48:18 +0000, "Spider"
said:

(snipped)
"Sacha" wrote in message
snip
And not spiders!! ;-)
--
[...]

LOL well in your case, I am sure I can find space inside

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 09-01-2010, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

Do give me a 'ping' if you remember where you read it, please. Although
I don't know all the wee beasties in my garden, I feel I've seen a few
new ones this summer, including a new (to me) spider. I didn't check it
out, but will look for it next year. It's probably as common as muck,
but I enjoy looking. I could do with an up-to-date insect guide to
cover all the new bugs this, er, global warming has introduced. The
only good thing about the current freeze is that it should wipe out a
few of the nasty little critters that have been plaguing us.

Spider! That is very naughty! You are not supposed to be looking for
wee beasties to make your lunch

Aww..go on. Just a few juicy ones :~}}

Well, just because it is you then...
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 09-01-2010, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Spider
writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Spider
writes
On 2010-01-08 16:22:44 +0000, "Spider" said:

"Ophelia" wrote in message
[...]

Now I come to think of it, I believe it was probably on the last series
of NatureWatch.
--
June Hughes
Old 09-01-2010, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

(snippety-snip)
"Ophelia" wrote in message
[...]

As snug as a bug in a rug? Mmm.. gives me ideas! :~)
Spider

Old 09-01-2010, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Spider
writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
.. .
In message , Spider
writes
On 2010-01-08 16:22:44 +0000, "Spider" said:

"Ophelia" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, June, seems likely. I'll have a look on their website.
Spider

Old 09-01-2010, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
(snippety-snip)
"Ophelia" wrote in message
[...]

Well now, I have a nice roomy Shogun but the back seat are out, so that I
can keep a
beddie in the back for my Blue (my border collie) so do you think you would
be comfy cuddled up with her? She is very gentle, so if you don't bare your
fangs, she will not be frightened!

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/