Old 18-01-2010, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I have this plot

In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:

I have no intention of letting the council anywhere near it. As my
grandmother used to say "do you see any green in my eye?"

And what's wrong with green eyes? When I had contact lens overwearing,
I discovered that (underneath the brown), my eyes are grass green.
It's not exceptional in someone of largely Celtic stock ....

I assume she meant green = naive.
She also used to say in similar cirumstances "I'm not so green as
cabbage-looking."

I deduced that! I'm quite fond of the latter aphorism in the form
"I'm not so green as I'm cabbage-looking."

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-01-2010, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

If you let the council let it, you might lose control of the land.
Consult a solicitor!

I have no intention of letting the council anywhere near it. As my
grandmother used to say "do you see any green in my eye?"

Quite right.
Don't lose the plot!

mark

Old 19-01-2010, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Christina Websell" contains these
words:

"echinosum" wrote in message

'Christina Websell[_2_ Wrote:
;874969']Possibly room for 36 twenty foot by twenty foot plots. Not
guaranteed
to stay totally organic if you let them out individually.
------
Oh yes, it would be. It would be a condition of tenancy.
Your difficulty would be in enforcing the condition.

Not really. The plotholders who embraced the organic philosophy would
grass
;-)

That's detection. The hard bit is proving the offence was committed
by the plot holder, and enforcing the contract if he denies blame.

Let's just hope two people see it then ;-)
I would expect anyone who takes an organic plot, which are hard to come by,
and strict conditions about it, would actually want it to remain so.

Tina

Old 19-01-2010, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mark" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

If you let the council let it, you might lose control of the land.
Consult a solicitor!

I have no intention of letting the council anywhere near it. As my
grandmother used to say "do you see any green in my eye?"

Quite right.
Don't lose the plot!
mark

I won't. You see, it seemed to me that if the council approached me for
them to use it as allotments, there would be no reason why it couldn't be
done.
So if I wanted to do it privately, how could they say no? They couldn't.
Either it's suitable for an allotment site, or it isn't and they will shoot
themselves in the foot if they were to object, since they wanted it for the
same reason ;-)

Tina

Old 20-01-2010, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message

and people who lose interest and let their plot turn into a jungle of
weeds.
People who dump rubbish on their plots
People who steal garden tools
People who steal vegetables from their neighbours

Martin

and because of the above, I wouldn't bother with getting involved with other
people :-(((

Look at this lot on here, keen gardeners, but don't know how to 'prune' the
useless dross which has gone before!!!

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 20-01-2010, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message
Christina Websell writes
I had this brilliant idea. Or is it?

There was a thread not so long ago from someone who wanted to let out a
large greenhouse as allotments. Although a lot of it is irrelevant, some
of the points made in that thread are relevant to your situation.

'twas me ;-)

Too costly to do what with all the problems with insewerences and liability
etc

Old 20-01-2010, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"R" wrote in message

"K" wrote in message
Christina Websell writes
I had this brilliant idea. Or is it?

There was a thread not so long ago from someone who wanted to let out a
large greenhouse as allotments. Although a lot of it is irrelevant, some
of the points made in that thread are relevant to your situation.

'twas me ;-)

Too costly to do what with all the problems with insewerences and
liability etc

I feel this proposed venture is the same and would plump for Christmas
Trees. This was suggested to me for quite an area at my last house which had
tooooooo much land. Never did anything about it, but there is quite a
business here on the Isle of Wight near Newport called 'Shide Trees'. A lot
more land, but how much do you need. I feel this would be a superb plot and
would look into it. 'Real' Christmas Trees are well in fashion, and sell
them rooted it has cleared the land for the next lot. Let them have the fun
and pleasure of digging their own up :-)))