Old 26-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Registered User

Unhappy leaf drop

I have a coprosma (mirror plant) which I bought last year..After the recent cold snap and heavy snow, all the leaves turned grey and fell off..I pruned a branch near the bottom and it was still green...Is it likely to die?... I have now got it inside..I live in Kent uk..
Old 26-01-2010, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default leaf drop

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:16:21 -0500, solaara
wrote:

I have a coprosma (mirror plant) which I bought last year..After the
recent cold snap and heavy snow, all the leaves turned grey and fell
off..I pruned a branch near the bottom and it was still green...Is it
likely to die?... I have now got it inside..I live in Kent uk..

The only coprosma I have encountered was definitely not hardy and
would have had to be indoors in winter.

Pam in Bristol
Old 26-01-2010, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
solaara

I wish I could be more hopeful, but I lost mine the previous year in similar
circumstances. Great shame, because it's an attractive foliage plant, but
mine went down hill so fast I hadn't the heart to replace it :~(.

Good luck with yours. If you manage to save it, perhaps you'll come back
and tell us how you did it :~).

Spider

Old 27-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaara View Post
I have a coprosma (mirror plant) which I bought last year..After the recent cold snap and heavy snow, all the leaves turned grey and fell off..I pruned a branch near the bottom and it was still green...Is it likely to die?... I have now got it inside..I live in Kent uk..
There are quite a lot of Coprosmas of various kinds growing outdoors at the Savile Gardens in Windsor Park, in their New Zealand garden. There are one or two gaps where some plants didn't survive last winter, but very few really. So plainly there are several Coprosmas that can survive that kind of weather quite OK, though they may defoliate.

Drop one drop per day for one phalaenopsis? Markjump Orchids 0 07-01-2013 08:47 PM
Leaf drop jOhN Texas 4 26-09-2004 08:27 AM
Rose "leaf drop"? Jim White United Kingdom 2 29-06-2004 03:17 PM
Ash tree leaf drop rile Gardening 4 17-05-2004 06:02 AM
Solanum Jasminoides - leaf drop. Zo United Kingdom 5 06-07-2003 10:51 AM