Old 31-03-2010, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bearing in mind

That they are unlikely to fruit for twenty or thirty years unless some
fruiting wood is grafted on, does anyone want to reserve a clementine
from a batch of pips, all sprouting wildly, and which came from very
small oranges?

To come (when I've planted them), clemenine seedlings from larger,
well-flavoured fruit. (Courtesy of Lidl)

--
Rusty
Old 02-04-2010, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
That they are unlikely to fruit for twenty or thirty years unless some
fruiting wood is grafted on, does anyone want to reserve a clementine from
a batch of pips, all sprouting wildly, and which came from very small
oranges?

To come (when I've planted them), clemenine seedlings from larger,
well-flavoured fruit. (Courtesy of Lidl)

Thanks for the offer but I am likely to be deceased in 30 years. You need
some 20 yrs olds to take you up on this.
Tina

Old 02-04-2010, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Christina Websell wrote:
"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
That they are unlikely to fruit for twenty or thirty years unless some
fruiting wood is grafted on, does anyone want to reserve a clementine from
a batch of pips, all sprouting wildly, and which came from very small
oranges?

To come (when I've planted them), clemenine seedlings from larger,
well-flavoured fruit. (Courtesy of Lidl)

Thanks for the offer but I am likely to be deceased in 30 years. You need
some 20 yrs olds to take you up on this.

Au contraire - you can graft from an already-fruiting tree, and those
grafts will fruit.

I'm doing that with a big lemon - 3 years old and five feet high. Its
sibling is less than a foot.

--
Rusty