Old 20-04-2010, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default thomson and morgan

Has anyone had any problems with these people?

I ordered a small plum tree at Easter, but have heard nothing since. I
left it late just in case there were signs of life in my existing
tree, but I declared it dead at the end of March.

I have emailed customer support, but all I had back was an automatic
reply saying their dispatch system was on time, which I took to mean
it was not and they were flooded with complaints.

I have phoned customer support, but all I get is endless music.

What really annoys me is that my credit card was debited within
minutes of me placing my order. I consider that legitimate companies
these days will only debit cards on the actual dispatch date.

This company has gone severely downhill, IMHO.
Old 20-04-2010, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"sutartsorric" wrote in message
Has anyone had any problems with these people?

I ordered a small plum tree at Easter, but have heard nothing since. I
left it late just in case there were signs of life in my existing
tree, but I declared it dead at the end of March.

I have emailed customer support, but all I had back was an automatic
reply saying their dispatch system was on time, which I took to mean
it was not and they were flooded with complaints.

I have phoned customer support, but all I get is endless music.

What really annoys me is that my credit card was debited within
minutes of me placing my order. I consider that legitimate companies
these days will only debit cards on the actual dispatch date.

This company has gone severely downhill, IMHO.

I recently ordered some seeds from 'Plants of Distinction' which is not a
million miles from me, and of veg I wouldn't have thought to be too
difficult to get organised, and apart from the acknowledgement of order,
that's it: nada. I'm not impressed. I'm used to dealing with online
retailers who are *prompt* in their service!

Old 20-04-2010, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:46:12 +0100, "wafflycat"
wrote:

[...]

We received our seeds from 'Plants of Distinction' sometime ago. Have you
tried
phoning them?
--

I'll give them a little longer - as it was a recent order. I'm just used to
using online retailers who are very good (place order it turns up next

Old 20-04-2010, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

sutartsorric wrote:
Has anyone had any problems with these people?

Oh great, couldn't you have said this /before/ I put my order in ...
:-(
Old 20-04-2010, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I recently ordered some seeds from 'Plants of Distinction' which is not a
million miles from me, and of veg I wouldn't have thought to be too
difficult to get organised, and apart from the acknowledgement of order,
that's it: nada. I'm not impressed. I'm used to dealing with online
retailers who are *prompt* in their service!

I've had no problem with them over the last couple of years

--
(¯`·. ®óñ© © ²°¹° .·´¯)

Old 20-04-2010, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
sutartsorric wrote

This company has gone severely downhill, IMHO.

Thomson and Morgan will deliver it when it suits them and not you. If
they have run out of stock you will get a delivery in 2011!

If you don't buy T&M products from QVC you will get the reject
plants/seeds as QVC say that they buy up ALL the top quality stock.

--
Alan
Old 20-04-2010, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

sutartsorric wrote:
Has anyone had any problems with these people?

I ordered a small plum tree at Easter, but have heard nothing since. I
left it late just in case there were signs of life in my existing
tree, but I declared it dead at the end of March.

I have emailed customer support, but all I had back was an automatic
reply saying their dispatch system was on time, which I took to mean
it was not and they were flooded with complaints.

I have phoned customer support, but all I get is endless music.

What really annoys me is that my credit card was debited within
minutes of me placing my order. I consider that legitimate companies
these days will only debit cards on the actual dispatch date.

This company has gone severely downhill, IMHO.

Spalding Bulbs and Plants are reliable, but not superfast.

Read's Nursery http://www.readsnursery.co.uk/ have a very good
reputation for quality and reliability.

IMO it's a bit late to be planting plum trees - you'd get away with
container-grown, but not, I think, bare root.

--
Rusty
Old 21-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Registered User

They are there on Facebook. You will get faster response if you leave your message on their wall on facebook.
Old 21-04-2010, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message

We received our seeds from 'Plants of Distinction' sometime ago. Have you
tried
phoning them?
--

I'll give them a little longer - as it was a recent order. I'm just used
to using online retailers who are very good (place order it turns up next
working day)

Seeds arrived this morning. Good!

Old 21-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered User

Location: Catrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by farida View Post
They are there on Facebook. You will get faster response if you leave your message on their wall on facebook.
Go to trading standards or consumer direct for some advice this will make them sit up and listen

Old 21-04-2010, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21 Apr, 10:04, "wafflycat" wrote:
"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
.. .

We received our seeds from 'Plants of Distinction' sometime ago. Have you
tried
phoning them?
--

I'll give them a little longer - as it was a recent order. I'm just used
to using online retailers who are very good (place order it turns up next
working day)

Seeds arrived this morning. Good!

Posting here has a remarkable effect

Tree arrived this afternoon. It is bare rooted and has tightly closed
buds. I dont know where it has been for the last 6 weeks but no one
has told it that Spring has arrived.

I have planted it and given it about 15 gallons of water around the
base. I will see what happens but am not holding my breath.
Old 21-04-2010, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

sutartsorric wrote:
Tree arrived this afternoon. It is bare rooted and has tightly closed
buds. I dont know where it has been for the last 6 weeks but no one
has told it that Spring has arrived.

My victoria plum in the garden (since autumn last year) and the cherry tree
(6 years old, raised from a small stick!) are both still fairly tight
budded, despite everything else in the neighbourhood being in full blossom.
(And that's in a south facing very hot garden, too!)