Old 22-08-2010, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default how can we get to see: was big cat on news tonight

g'day all,

is there a way for us over here to see pictures of these cats?

we have an apparent big cat issue in australia which is being fobbed
off as ferel cats and large dogs.

len
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 22-08-2010, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/08/2010 19:35, gardenlen wrote:
g'day all,

is there a way for us over here to see pictures of these cats?

we have an apparent big cat issue in australia which is being fobbed
off as ferel cats and large dogs.

len
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither
the day nor the hour wherein the Son
of man cometh"

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Try the BBC's own website and search there.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 22-08-2010, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 04:35:14 +1000, gardenlen
wrote:

g'day all,

is there a way for us over here to see pictures of these cats?

we have an apparent big cat issue in australia which is being fobbed
off as ferel cats and large dogs.

len

Sorry Len, I think you're unlucky. I sent a link a year or so ago to
a friend in Australia and she got the message that it could not be
viewed in Au. Probably this was the same.
It was not the BBC but ITV.com, and may only be available for a few
days or a week, and no more.

Pam in Bristol
Old 22-08-2010, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

g'day all,

is there a way for us over here to see pictures of these cats?

we have an apparent big cat issue in australia which is being fobbed
off as ferel cats and large dogs.

len

Sorry Len, I think you're unlucky. I sent a link a year or so ago to
a friend in Australia and she got the message that it could not be
viewed in Au. Probably this was the same.
It was not the BBC but ITV.com, and may only be available for a few
days or a week, and no more.

You could have a look at this from a while ago:
http://www.bigcatmonitors.co.uk/evidence.htm

Old 22-08-2010, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"gardenlen" wrote
g'day all,

is there a way for us over here to see pictures of these cats?

we have an apparent big cat issue in australia which is being fobbed
off as ferel cats and large dogs.

Try changing your computer from Aus to UK and see if that works (Control
Panel and then Regions).

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 23-08-2010, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22 Aug, 19:35, gardenlen wrote:
g'day all,

is there a way for us over here to see pictures of these cats?

we have an apparent big cat issue in australia which is being fobbed
off as ferel cats and large dogs.

len
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither
the day nor the hour wherein the Son
of man cometh"

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

It's mental disease, seeing big cats. I never realised it was
infectious.
Old 24-08-2010, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harry" wrote in message
On 22 Aug, 19:35, gardenlen wrote:
g'day all,

is there a way for us over here to see pictures of these cats?

we have an apparent big cat issue in australia which is being fobbed
off as ferel cats and large dogs.

len

It's mental disease, seeing big cats. I never realised it was
infectious.

Why do you say this? Because you haven't seen one yourself? Neither have
I but I am open-minded about whether the regulations about keeping exotic
large cats caused their owners to release them in remote areas where they
hoped they could live on deer etc.

It's impossible to dismiss (IMO) all the sightings as "that person who saw
this has mental health problems"
Maybe some do have, but many do not, saw what they saw, and stand by it.
This sort of reaction from you and others who think like this will often
mean it goes unreported because it's what they expect "if I say I saw this,
everyone will think I am mad.."

Old 24-08-2010, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:

"gardenlen" wrote
g'day all,

is there a way for us over here to see pictures of these cats?

we have an apparent big cat issue in australia which is being fobbed
off as ferel cats and large dogs.

Try changing your computer from Aus to UK and see if that works (Control
Panel and then Regions).

They read your country from your IP address so you will need a proxy
to get round it.
--
Phil Cook http://www.therewaslight.co.uk
Old 24-08-2010, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Phil Cook" wrote ...
Bob Hobden wrote:
Try changing your computer from Aus to UK and see if that works (Control
Panel and then Regions).

They read your country from your IP address so you will need a proxy
to get round it.

Of course, silly me, Doctor told me to give up beer and this Scotch is doing
my head in. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 24-08-2010, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-08-24 16:43:51 +0100, "Christina Websell"
said:

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

;-)) I don't think Ray's the one with the mental problem, Tina - go
figure!
--

I know that if my friend said she saw a big black cat, leopard size, run
across in front of her car, that it's true.

Old 24-08-2010, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Phil Cook" wrote ...
Bob Hobden wrote:
Try changing your computer from Aus to UK and see if that works (Control
Panel and then Regions).

They read your country from your IP address so you will need a proxy
to get round it.

Of course, silly me, Doctor told me to give up beer and this Scotch is
doing my head in. :-)

LOL! I never drink spirits but I've bought a bottle of cheap rum today to
make "damson rum" for Christmas. I've never done it with rum before, only
gin but the rum was cheaper!
Watch this space around 26th Dec, I'll be be sending unusual posts ;-)

Old 24-08-2010, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Phil Cook" wrote ...
Bob Hobden wrote:
Try changing your computer from Aus to UK and see if that works (Control
Panel and then Regions).

They read your country from your IP address so you will need a proxy
to get round it.

Of course, silly me, Doctor told me to give up beer and this Scotch is
doing my head in. :-)

LOL! I never drink spirits but I've bought a bottle of cheap rum today
to make "damson rum" for Christmas. I've never done it with rum before,
only gin but the rum was cheaper!
Watch this space around 26th Dec, I'll be be sending unusual posts ;-)

Cranberry Vodka is to die for!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 24-08-2010, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Bob Hobden wrote:
LOL! I never drink spirits but I've bought a bottle of cheap rum today
to make "damson rum" for Christmas. I've never done it with rum before,
only gin but the rum was cheaper!
Watch this space around 26th Dec, I'll be be sending unusual posts ;-)

Cranberry Vodka is to die for!

I've run out of gin, so tonight's tipple is the half bottle of bacardi
stuffed full with fresh raspberries 10 days ago, a pint glass mixed half and
half with a bottle of fevertree tonic water. It's remarkably tasty.