Old 30-04-2003, 10:33 AM
geoff

Default Irresponsible cat owners.

Urglers,

I mentioned the group's hatred of the antics of cats to someone this morning
and was told something you might like to spread around......

A lady on the Island always gets her cats when they are just weaned and
trains them to use a litter tray of course. When they are old enough to be
let out into the wide world, the litter tray is also placed outside the back
door - I suppose it's under cover from the rain. I was told that the lady's
cat continues to use its litter tray and that as far as she knows, it never
fouls any gardens.

So there we have it, it's the irresponsible cat owners who are to blame, not
the cats. But of course, their sole reason for having cats instead of
friends (dogs) is most likely that they do not have to buy Catsan (or
whatever), do not have to dispose of the crap nor use a pooper scooper!
Seems to me that they're just lazy!

Regards,

Geoff

P.S. Does anybody know what "cat grass" is? I saw some seeds for it on
sale at one of the Island's hardware stores.

Old 30-04-2003, 12:20 PM
Bigjon

In a fit of excitement geoff uttered:

[...]

Cat Grass = Somebody who tells the dog there's a cat in the garden....

--
\\(º`¿´º)//
It's probably on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....
Old 30-04-2003, 02:33 PM
Jo Ling

Cat Grass = Somebody who tells the dog there's a cat in the garden....

Oh, I thought it was a substance for felines to chill out to.

Old 30-04-2003, 03:45 PM
fmurl

"geoff" wrote:

So there we have it, it's the irresponsible cat owners who are to blame, not
the cats. But of course, their sole reason for having cats instead of
friends (dogs) is most likely that they do not have to buy Catsan (or
whatever), do not have to dispose of the crap nor use a pooper scooper!
Seems to me that they're just lazy!

I could live with them crapping on the garden occasionally, but what really
winds me up is the people who don't neuter their cats. That's *truly*
anti-social.

--
Please reply to the group, respect follow-ups and don't email me. Thank you.
Old 30-04-2003, 04:45 PM
Jayne

My cats have been trained to use a litter tray from kittenhood which they
still do, they both wear collars with bells & are kept in at night so they
can't catch birds at dawn or dusk (when most cat kills happen), are spayed,
regularly innoculated & dewormed, are micro-chipped & are not a nuisance to
any of my neighbours. As you say - it's the owners, not the cats.
I had neighbours with a cat that was out all the time, he was obviously not
neutered & sprayed on my front door & dustbin, attacked my cats in our
garden & would even come inside our house to eat my cat's food or chase
them, messed on & scratched up all the neighbours lawns etc etc - that is a
nuisance. It did stop once we got a dog though.

As for "cat grass" I belive it's to grow in a tray for indoor cats to
enjoy???

Jayne

Old 30-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Little Badger

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Sue & Bob Hobden
writes
When did you last see a Guide Dog do that?

NONE of our dogs have done that.

Mike

What you are blind and you own lots of guide dogs?
Have you got a special Braille version of this NG? )

Badger

Old 30-04-2003, 10:30 PM
Registered User

well,ive tried a cure to the cat problem,its a bit cruel,but,so far 100% sucessful
Old 01-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Mike

In article , K
writes

"Mike" wrote in message
: In article , Little Badger
: writes
: No I am not blind but when we were in the Midlands we did the Puppy
: Walking Scheme for the Guide Dogs for the Blind. All of those dogs were
: trained when and where to go, and we continued with our dogs afterwards.
:
From Mike's signature you will see he is an ex sailor of something and can't
forget it and won't let anyone else do so either. From that you will deduce
that he loves to be in control, be it of dogs, conversations in ng, etc.
What get's up his hornpipe is that some people and cats have minds and views
of their own.

: Someone has come on here and explained that cats can be trained, why the
: hell can't cat owners be considerate and train their vermin to stay out
: of neighbour's gardens?

They do. I thought it was cats we were talking about.
:
: In general they take the easy path out 'Not in my Back Garden' and the
: postings in this newsgroup prove it.
:
: BTW, I did not start this thread, but of course have to have my say
: against the things :-((
: --------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
: Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th -
June 2nd
: British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
: Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
: R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

:-))

Feel better now?

:-))

Mike
Om Shanti

BTW what do you make of

National Service (RAF) Association Reunion Scarborough Nov 7th - 10th

That I am ex RAF as well?

Wrong :-((

Have a nice day :-))

I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem
Old 01-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Mike

In article , Victoria
Clare writes

(like some kids) are just born that way:

No, some kids are 'brought up' that way.

As a matter of interest, how many children do you have?

Mike

Old 01-05-2003, 05:48 PM

(like some kids) are just born that way:

No, some kids are 'brought up' that way.

As a matter of interest, how many children do you have?

Some people have mental disorders that cause them to have behavioural
problems. We are not unique in that respect. It is perfectly possible for
cats, dogs, and other animals to have disorders that can affect their
behaviour.

- h

Old 01-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Victoria Clare

"H" wrote in news:b8rj8n$e33$1
@pheidippides.axion.bt.co.uk:

(like some kids) are just born that way:

No, some kids are 'brought up' that way.

As a matter of interest, how many children do you have?

Some people have mental disorders that cause them to have behavioural
problems. We are not unique in that respect. It is perfectly possible for
cats, dogs, and other animals to have disorders that can affect their
behaviour.

I have the poster you are responding to killfiled, Helen, so I won't
comment on what he said, but I do agree with you.

One of my rabbits always does *one* dropping in one of their two water
dishes. I'm fairly sure she does it to wind me up...

Old 02-05-2003, 09:08 AM
David

In article , Sue & Bob Hobden
writes

I have cats because I like them, they have minds of their own whereas dogs
are just being subordinate to their leader as they would be in their pack,
if you want to call that friendship, fine.

I think you're confusing "minds of their own" with instinctive behaviour
Bob, its a bit of wishful thinking on the part of pet owners
--
David
Old 02-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"David" wrote in message
I have cats because I like them, they have minds of their own whereas

dogs
are just being subordinate to their leader as they would be in their

pack,
if you want to call that friendship, fine.

I think you're confusing "minds of their own" with instinctive behaviour
Bob, its a bit of wishful thinking on the part of pet owners
--

Well of course, all animals including us have some instinctive behaviour,
but not all is instinctive, or pre-programmed behaviour or animals would not

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.