Old 01-09-2010, 07:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pond vacuum cleaners.

Useless blasted things. Never even think about buying one.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harry" wrote
Useless blasted things. Never even think about buying one.

Mine works fine, 0.75hp electric swimming pool pump with the swimming pool
hose and brush head. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 01-09-2010, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"harry" wrote
Useless blasted things. Never even think about buying one.

Mine works fine, 0.75hp electric swimming pool pump with the swimming
pool hose and brush head. :-)

My Dyson was useless, the cyclone was full of water within seconds.

(And it damaged the plants).
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 01-09-2010, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gordon H" wrote
Bob Hobden writes
"harry" wrote
Useless blasted things. Never even think about buying one.

Mine works fine, 0.75hp electric swimming pool pump with the swimming pool
hose and brush head. :-)

My Dyson was useless, the cyclone was full of water within seconds.

(And it damaged the plants).

Lent mine to a chap who told me he had a large pond, he set it up, primed
it, went inside to turn on the power. By the time he got back to his pond it
was all on the lawn. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 01-09-2010, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Gordon H" wrote
Bob Hobden writes
"harry" wrote
Useless blasted things. Never even think about buying one.

Mine works fine, 0.75hp electric swimming pool pump with the swimming
pool hose and brush head. :-)

My Dyson was useless, the cyclone was full of water within seconds.

(And it damaged the plants).

Lent mine to a chap who told me he had a large pond, he set it up,
primed it, went inside to turn on the power. By the time he got back to
his pond it was all on the lawn. :-)

LOL! What about the Coy Carp?
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Old 01-09-2010, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Gordon H" wrote
Bob Hobden writes
"harry" wrote
Useless blasted things. Never even think about buying one.

Mine works fine, 0.75hp electric swimming pool pump with the swimming
pool hose and brush head. :-)

My Dyson was useless, the cyclone was full of water within seconds.

(And it damaged the plants).

Lent mine to a chap who told me he had a large pond, he set it up, primed
it, went inside to turn on the power. By the time he got back to his pond
it was all on the lawn. :-)

LOL! What about the Coy Carp?

They were blushing of course!

Bill

--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Old 01-09-2010, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Sep, 08:05, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"harry" *wrote

Useless blasted things. *Never even think about buying one.

Mine works fine, 0.75hp electric swimming pool pump with the swimming pool
hose and brush head. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK

Pond, not pool. And vacuum cleaner not pump.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harry" wrote ...
"Bob Hobden"
"harry" wrote

Useless blasted things. Never even think about buying one.

Mine works fine, 0.75hp electric swimming pool pump with the swimming
pool
hose and brush head. :-)

Pond, not pool. And vacuum cleaner not pump.

Mine is a pond, just 3,000 gals, and the pump is a vacuum cleaner as used in
swimming pools because I don't know of any other type that works properly.
What exactly did you mean didn't work? Link?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 02-09-2010, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-09-01 07:07:55 +0100, harry said:

Useless blasted things. Never even think about buying one.

Mine works well - but it has no container, ie the detritus is pumped
directly onto my selected border. Good for the border - and much easier
to move around the pond without having to tow the container with me
(had one of those and I kept a) pulling it into the pond and b)
emptying the container ad nauseam.

However, cleaning ponds is vanity. Fish like murky ponds.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bill Grey
writes

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Gordon H" wrote
Bob Hobden writes
"harry" wrote
Useless blasted things. Never even think about buying one.

Mine works fine, 0.75hp electric swimming pool pump with the swimming
pool hose and brush head. :-)

My Dyson was useless, the cyclone was full of water within seconds.

(And it damaged the plants).

Lent mine to a chap who told me he had a large pond, he set it up, primed
it, went inside to turn on the power. By the time he got back to his pond
it was all on the lawn. :-)

LOL! What about the Coy Carp?

They were blushing of course!

Bill

At my spelling of their names? :-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Old 05-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Registered User

Only one tip! Do not buy the cheap one if you want to save money in the long term and also have a really clean pond!
miele spares

Denture cleaners for plants? Higgs Boson Gardening 19 29-11-2012 09:49 AM
Pond Vacuum hire ....Bucks ? Tony M United Kingdom 25 11-06-2004 09:36 AM
Pond vacuum pixi Ponds 9 30-08-2003 10:12 PM
Lowe's Pond/Pool vacuum? Weldon Wallick Ponds 8 28-07-2003 02:12 AM
Pond vacuum/ no electriciry needed Jan Ponds 7 16-05-2003 04:56 PM