Old 07-01-2011, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Carol Klein programme tonight

Life in a Cottage Garden with Carol Klein begins at 8.30pm on BBC2 on 7
January.
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 07-01-2011, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote ...

Life in a Cottage Garden with Carol Klein begins at 8.30pm on BBC2 on 7
January.

So that's 2 half hour programmes to watch tonight. Things are looking up.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 07-01-2011, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:11:38 +0000, Janet Tweedy

Life in a Cottage Garden with Carol Klein begins at 8.30pm on BBC2 on 7
January.

Thanks Janet. It's not on in Wales tonight though - we have to wait
until 7pm on Saturday 8th (unless you've got Sky or similar that
allows you to get at the English channels). I don't usually look for
gardening programmes on a Saturday evening so I'd have missed this
altogether if you hadn't alerted us.

Jake
Old 07-01-2011, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Jake
writes
On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:11:38 +0000, Janet Tweedy

Life in a Cottage Garden with Carol Klein begins at 8.30pm on BBC2 on 7
January.

Thanks Janet. It's not on in Wales tonight though - we have to wait
until 7pm on Saturday 8th (unless you've got Sky or similar that
allows you to get at the English channels). I don't usually look for
gardening programmes on a Saturday evening so I'd have missed this
altogether if you hadn't alerted us.

will be on the iPlayer though on Friday, which is where we will be
watching it.
--
Chris French

Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Jan 7, 3:22*pm, chris French
wrote:
In message , Jake
writesOn Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:11:38 +0000, Janet Tweedy

Life in a Cottage Garden with Carol Klein begins at 8.30pm on BBC2 on 7
January.

Thanks Janet. It's not on in Wales tonight though - we have to wait
until 7pm on Saturday 8th (unless you've got Sky or similar that
allows you to get at the English channels). I don't usually look for
gardening programmes on a Saturday evening so I'd have missed this
altogether if you hadn't alerted us.

will be on the iPlayer though on Friday, which is where we will be
watching it.
--
Chris French

Prog just finished, it was very good, lets have more of this sore and
of Carol.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 11:33:50 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

On Jan 7, 3:22*pm, chris French
wrote:
In message , Jake
writesOn Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:11:38 +0000, Janet Tweedy

Life in a Cottage Garden with Carol Klein begins at 8.30pm on BBC2 on 7
January.

Thanks Janet. It's not on in Wales tonight though - we have to wait
until 7pm on Saturday 8th (unless you've got Sky or similar that
allows you to get at the English channels). I don't usually look for
gardening programmes on a Saturday evening so I'd have missed this
altogether if you hadn't alerted us.

will be on the iPlayer though on Friday, which is where we will be
watching it.
--
Chris French

Prog just finished, it was very good, lets have more of this sore and
of Carol.

Did you see her up that tall ladder tugging at clematis? I wouldn't
have attempted anything like that, especially with the OH holding on
at the bottom of the ladder. IMO the best Gardeners' World key
presenter we never had. You can't help but get caught up in her
enthusiasm.

And I really enjoyed the "warts and all" look at her garden - much
better than the manicured stuff we've got used to on GW over the last
few years.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , chris French
writes
will be on the iPlayer though on Friday, which is where we will be
watching it.
--
Chris French

I enjoyed it though i found it a little bit of a muddle Not sure what
was happening where and at one point she seemed to be digging amongst
shrubs on her daughters garden even though she said to camera it was now
completely cleared.

Still it was a damn sight better than what we normally get! Afraid the
Alys eating very little and wandering around with sunlight and picking
the odd lettuce for a filling dinner doesn't inspire me any more the
second time of seeing it

I still think carrying a dog in the front of a bike a stupid thing to do
if not for dog but for the accidents it might cause if it jumped or fell
out. Me, I'd be carrying my secateurs or odd plants in the basket.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy View Post

I enjoyed it though i found it a little bit of a muddle Not sure what
was happening where and at one point she seemed to be digging amongst
shrubs on her daughters garden even though she said to camera it was now
completely cleared.

Still it was a damn sight better than what we normally get! Afraid the
Alys eating very little and wandering around with sunlight and picking
the odd lettuce for a filling dinner doesn't inspire me any more the
second time of seeing it
--
Janet Tweedy
I totally agree, I didn't like Ms Kline in G World or at Chelsea etc. because her presentation was poor, it always sounded that she was just going through the motion of reading the auto-cue. However in her presentation of the plant family bits and now in this program, she is much more natural and relaxed which makes for a much more enjoyable programme. I suspect that the presentations comes from doing something that she is at one with.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On Jan 7, 3:22 pm, chris French
wrote:
In message , Jake
writesOn Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:11:38 +0000,
Janet Tweedy

Life in a Cottage Garden with Carol Klein begins at 8.30pm on BBC2 on 7
January.

Thanks Janet. It's not on in Wales tonight though - we have to wait
until 7pm on Saturday 8th (unless you've got Sky or similar that
allows you to get at the English channels). I don't usually look for
gardening programmes on a Saturday evening so I'd have missed this
altogether if you hadn't alerted us.

will be on the iPlayer though on Friday, which is where we will be
watching it.
--
Chris French

Prog just finished, it was very good, lets have more of this sore and
of Carol.

Yes it was very good, left me exhausted :-)

Bill