Old 22-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered User

Thumbs up passion flower donations.

Hi to all reading this. I am currently looking for some passion flower cuttings as i am having absolutely no luck with seeds as i've just gone through my second lot. Any one who would be kind enough to send me some if i paid postage would b very much appreciated. hope to hear a reply soon
THANKS GARDEN BANTER !!
Old 22-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR@$3R 007 View Post
Hi to all reading this. I am currently looking for some passion flower cuttings as i am having absolutely no luck with seeds as i've just gone through my second lot. Any one who would be kind enough to send me some if i paid postage would b very much appreciated. hope to hear a reply soon
THANKS GARDEN BANTER !!
I know this is not the answer you seek, but passion flower should be easy to grow from seed, put it in compost keep it wet, in about fouir to six weeks i see the plants here
Old 22-05-2011, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default passion flower donations.

--
FR@$3R 007

""" THANKS GARDEN BANTER !!"""

:-(((((

Oh dear :-((((((((

That will upset the hierarchy of uk.rec.gardening

You just watch :-(

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Old 22-05-2011, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How can pumpkins disappear?

"ZeroZero" wrote

Last year I grew a pumpkin plant (St Albans UK) and it seemed to thrive.
I saw lots of small golf ball size pumpkins but when I later looked they
all disappeared. There were some insects on the plant (not g/w/b/ fly)
but they seemed too tiny to do this sort of damage.

Does anyone know why?

Remedy?

Sounds like lack of pollination to me. The female flowers have small
pumpkins behind the flowers which swell to full size if the flower in
pollinated. If it isn't pollinated it drops off and rots. Try pollinating
the flowers yourself, find a male flower (without the small pumpkin) pull
off the petals and rub the central bit against the tip of the bit in the
middle of the female flower.
If you want large pumpkins restrict it to one pumpkin a plant.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 22-05-2011, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/05/2011 17:50, 'Mike' wrote:
"FR@$3R wrote in message

Hi to all reading this. I am currently looking for some passion flower
cuttings as i am having absolutely no luck with seeds as i've just gone
through my second lot. Any one who would be kind enough to send me some
if i paid postage would b very much appreciated. hope to hear a reply
soon
THANKS GARDEN BANTER !!
--
FR@$3R 007

""" THANKS GARDEN BANTER !!"""

:-(((((

Oh dear :-((((((((

That will upset the hierarchy of uk.rec.gardening

You just watch :-(

Mike

Well it is rather like thanking a fence for giving you stolen goods.
Sounds like the OP doesn't know that Garden Banter is just a front end
that some people use to access usenet and that Garden Banter harvests
the posts people make here.

I understand that not everyone is clued up on usenet, what it is or how
to use it and personally I don't care how people access this gardening
group. I can understand however why some people get annoyed that Garden
Banter makes money by effectively selling on posts they are "stealing".

But then Googlegroups could be accused of doing the same thing anyway
via their adverts.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

Old 22-05-2011, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
. fr...
On 22/05/2011 17:50, 'Mike' wrote:
"FR@$3R wrote in message

[...]

and look at those who flood the newsgroup at every possibility with the
adverts for their business with what we have in stock and what else we do
:-(((

Old 22-05-2011, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-05-22 18:18:06 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

On 22/05/2011 17:50, 'Mike' wrote:
"FR@$3R wrote in message

[...]

Mike Crowe makes this response to almost every post that comes via Garden
Banter. He makes other boasts that he will be proved right about this,
that, or the other and frankly, he isn't. For the most part he is
ignored by members of uk.rec.gardening because he's in most peoples'
killfiles. On the whole people from Garden Banter get a polite welcome
here, receive some information and are invited to join the group
'properly' via a news-reader rather than an advertising medium. Mr Crowe
is not a good gauge of what truly goes on in uk.rec.gardening His aim is
to disrupt it, make it unpopular and shy people away from it, because he
and his 'wisdom' & bragging haven't been welcomed here over the last 10
years or so. In that way only he is urg's hardy perennial troll but he is
NOT a real member of this group and any 'advice' from him should be taken
at the risk of the person advised.
--
Sacha
South Devon

Don't you post some cr"p?

Had you ever thought of starting your own newsgroup/forum whereby you have
TOTAL control and I mean TOTAL CONTROL over who posts because they have to
apply to your good self for PERMISSION to post and the likes of ordinary
people who don't meet your criteria are BANNED?

:-))

Old 22-05-2011, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-05-22 18:18:06 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

On 22/05/2011 17:50, 'Mike' wrote:
"FR@$3R wrote in message

[...]

:-)))))))))

Right wasn't I ??

AGAIN ;-))

..
..
..

NEXT PLEASE ;-))

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Old 22-05-2011, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 22 May 2011 19:12:07 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

That will upset the hierarchy of uk.rec.gardening

Not as much as your constant trolling upsets every newsgroup that you
infest.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

A very odd statement, coming from someone who is neither.
Old 22-05-2011, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 22 May 2011 19:02:07 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Don't you post some cr"p?

Actually she posted a very helpful answer to the OP's question.
What have you done to help him?

For that matter Walter what have you EVER contributed to this
newsgroup apart from unwelcome interference, jealousy and spite?

Old 22-05-2011, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote

"Bob Hobden" said:

[...]

I'm saving this for my children to tell my grandchildren, Bob. ;-))

;-)) I've always thought pumpkins an excellent first plant for a child,
they grow so quickly and so large children don't lose interest. And as you
point out, being as they have different sex flowers there is also an opening
for some early learning in that regard too.
BTW where has the original post gone? Unless it's just me.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 23-05-2011, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How can pumkins dissapear?

On May 22, 2:12*pm, ZeroZero
wrote:
Last year I grew a pumpkin plant (St Albans UK) and it seemed to thrive.
I saw lots of small golf ball size pumpkins but when I later looked they
all dissappeared. There were some insects on the plant (not g/w/b/ fly)
but they seemed too tiny to do this sort of damage.

Does anyone know why?

Remedy?

thanks all

--
ZeroZero

Mice, rabbits, rats?
Old 23-05-2011, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Sacha wrote:
Do you mean the Passion flowers that grow outdoors, P. caerulea or P
caerulea Constance Elliott which is the white one? Because if you mean
the more exotic indoor conservatory/greenhouse varieties, they're more
expensive and less likely to be just given away. Otoh, people with the
'garden' hardy ones may well have one or two to spare, if you'e lucky.
You could also check your local paper/parish magazine (if there is one)
for info on plant sales and indeed, car boot sales because plants often
show up at those.

On a slight side-note - is the fruit from the hardy variety edible? There
is a huge fruiting plant that grows over a wall (presumably from a garden
rather than wild) near me, and the fruit get to what looks like 'ripe' size
and colour, but I was always under the impression that only the non-hardy
variety were edible.

Mind you, having said that, the cherry tree opposite my house is meant to be
non-edible, but I've eaten the cherries from it with no problems for the
past few years! (when the parrots and pigeons don't get them first)
Old 23-05-2011, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On May 23, 7:20*am, harry wrote:
On May 22, 2:12*pm, ZeroZero
wrote:

Last year I grew a pumpkin plant (St Albans UK) and it seemed to thrive..
I saw lots of small golf ball size pumpkins but when I later looked they
all dissappeared. There were some insects on the plant (not g/w/b/ fly)
but they seemed too tiny to do this sort of damage.

Does anyone know why?

Remedy?

thanks all

--
ZeroZero

Mice, rabbits, rats?

Tempted to say that they were carried away by Egyptian Walking Onions,
but I suspect they hadn't been polinated so dropped off.