Old 06-09-2011, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default connection limit warning?

Just sent a short note to the carol Klein thread and got the message
bounced and a note that says

Your article could not be posted
Talking to news.demon.co.uk on Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:25:40 +0100

201 Access Denied (Hit Connection Limit) (newsfe05.ams2) (No
Posting)

VERY STRANGE

What I sent was.........................................

In article , Sacha
writes
I don't quite follow you. You mean you think the Beeb would have
invested somehow in her nursery and open garden business?

No, no, I mean locally Sacha.

(I see you are confined to computer with all this rain and wind around.
Stopped raining but too wet to cut grass or finish off hedges. Sigh.)

Think I'll wander over to seed companies and order some shrubs and
Miscanthus nepalensis seed............

ooh ooh I forgot to send you the autumn snowdrop bulb though the giver
refused point blank to admit to me that it is the normal one!
I'll go and see if i can dig it up for you

Janet

Old 06-09-2011, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Just sent a short note to the carol Klein thread and got the message
bounced and a note that says

Your article could not be posted
Talking to news.demon.co.uk on Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:25:40 +0100

201 Access Denied (Hit Connection Limit) (newsfe05.ams2) (No
Posting)

VERY STRANGE

What I sent was.........................................

It may be no more that too many people attempting to use the news
server. The note would have been generated local to your system, by your
news reader.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 06-09-2011, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Just sent a short note to the carol Klein thread and got the message
bounced and a note that says

Your article could not be posted
Talking to news.demon.co.uk on Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:25:40 +0100

201 Access Denied (Hit Connection Limit) (newsfe05.ams2) (No
Posting)

VERY STRANGE

What I sent was.........................................

snip

Don't think it's anything to do with you.

Sounds like the limit of people connecting to the news server was hit
(the Demon news service is out sourced to Highwinds and has probably not
been as good as it used to be).

If it 'just one of those things' then I'd not bother about it. If it
keeps on happening demon.service is probably the place
--
Chris French

Old 06-09-2011, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:13:10 +0100, chris French
wrote:

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Just sent a short note to the carol Klein thread and got the message
bounced and a note that says

Your article could not be posted
Talking to news.demon.co.uk on Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:25:40 +0100

201 Access Denied (Hit Connection Limit) (newsfe05.ams2) (No
Posting)

VERY STRANGE

What I sent was.........................................

snip

Don't think it's anything to do with you.

Sounds like the limit of people connecting to the news server was hit
(the Demon news service is out sourced to Highwinds and has probably not
been as good as it used to be).

If it 'just one of those things' then I'd not bother about it. If it
keeps on happening demon.service is probably the place

From elsewhere -
"
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:03:19 -0700 (PDT), in message
USENET wrote:

Error Reported By Server: 502 Access Denied (Hit Connection Limit)
(newsfe10.iad)(Tornado v1.2.6.556-2) is the error msg I get when using
Agent 4.2/32.1118. I have been having problems all week with this out
of the blue. Tried tech support but they had no answer.

1. Go to the Agent Newsreader FAQ at
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php
and look for the FAQ entry
‘Agent relays a "too many connections" error from the server’

2. Notwithstanding what this FAQ entry says, some people find it works
best for them if they set the maximum number of connections manually
and _disable_ the option to automatically adjust the maximum number
of connections. It seems that Agent's option to automatically detect
the maximum number of connections does not work with some news
servers.

3. If you are cancelling active downloads before they complete, this
can
cause this "hit connection limit" problem on some news servers.
Try not cancelling active downloads.

Not sure this has anything useful to apply to Janet though.

she isn't using Agent, there is AFAIK no way to control the number of
connections to the server in Turnpike and the comment about cancelling
downloads seems more likely to refer to binary groups.

And the issue isn't really down to Janet - she will have just one
connection to the server - it's got more to do with Highwinds and Demon
methinks
--
Chris French

Old 06-09-2011, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Just sent a short note to the carol Klein thread and got the message
bounced and a note that says

Your article could not be posted
Talking to news.demon.co.uk on Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:25:40 +0100

201 Access Denied (Hit Connection Limit) (newsfe05.ams2) (No
Posting)

VERY STRANGE

Some ISP's restrict posting to a certain amount per month. Also, clear out
your sent items and your inbox.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-09-06 22:22:36 +0100, Martin said:

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 16:14:05 +0100, Sacha wrote:

I did a bit of computing this morning, then rushed off to pick up the
grandson and bring him home to stay for a bit. I've been overseeing
the
urgent task of constructing some Thomas the Tank Engine track!

LOL we have to do the same thing when we are in England.

Well, I do mean overseeing. I'd started the job but the person who
helps me in the house walked in and said "Oh I LOVE this" and it turned
out that in the 13 years I've known her, I had never discovered she'd
spent childhood hours 'designing' her train tracks. She has made him a
super lay out and I've got to photograph it so that we remember it! He
is enchanted and I think tomorrow may bring a trip to Buckfastleigh
railway station shop for more rolling stock!

The real thing? We took our grandson to the National Railway Museum in
York. Their shop had far too many Thomas the Tank Engine products on
sale. It was hard to make him leave the shop.

This is the same. You can ride on a real steam train from Buckfastleigh
to Totnes and back, visiting the Rare Breeds Farm at Totnes, too. Then
you go back to the shop which is stuffed to the gills with Thomas stuff as
well as serious colectors' stuff and then you take a reluctant
heels-digging-in child out of there before your wallet melts!
--
Sacha

We did http://www.bathtravel.co.uk/holiday.php?holiday=4572 last Month

PRICE AND WHAT'S INCLUDED

Premier Silver Service Dining

Return travel with welcome champagne on boarding, at seat silver service
dining including a hearty English breakfast, morning tea and coffee and a
four course dinner with coffee and chocolates served after a
champagne-assisted departure on the return journey.

Great experience

Mike

Old 08-09-2011, 02:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
He already has a Hornby. it was his first birthday present from us but
this is a Thomas set for now and to keep in this house. He's obsessed
with trains when he's not obsessed with Bob The Builder!
--

Ha! We got Stuart a lot of railway stuff as Tom wanted to try and build
papier mache hills and tunnels. All Stuart ever did was lay his plastic
Old 08-09-2011, 02:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Christina Websell
writes
Some ISP's restrict posting to a certain amount per month. Also, clear out
your sent items and your inbox.

Turnpike clears it out automatically
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

The lower limit of seed size to organize energy and produce a plant; what is it? [email protected] Plant Science 9 14-05-2006 06:21 PM
How to choose (limit) roses? Kirra Roses 8 19-06-2003 06:40 AM
[IBC] Size Limit For Air Layer Jim S Bonsai 1 24-05-2003 08:08 PM
Lily limit in pond? Fred Ponds 5 24-04-2003 08:32 PM
UV sterilizer: will it help limit surface scum? BruceKGeist Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:12 AM