Old 05-01-2012, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Chickens

Stehen, I've just spotted your sig.
Where abouts on the Wirral are you?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
Dave Hill wrote:

On Jan 4, 10:08*pm, wrote:
In message
* * * * * Dave Hill wrote:

Make sure that whatever you get, they're vaccinated and ready to go.

You may find this link of interest giving local suppliers
http://www.lowcostliving.co.uk/chick...-suppliers.php
David

I have looked at a few of those sites already funnily enough but I
can't find leghorns on them, which I have sort of decided to want.

Stephen.

Amazing what a google search for Leghorns will turn up
try http://www.omlet.co.uk/breeds/breeds...&breed=Leghorn

Thanks Dave, that's a good site but I'm still looking for a local
supplier of leghorns.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
wrote:

Stehen, I've just spotted your sig.
Where abouts on the Wirral are you?

Hi Vicky, I live in Pensby very close to the Pensby Hotel.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
wrote:

Stehen, I've just spotted your sig.
Where abouts on the Wirral are you?

Hi Vicky, I live in Pensby very close to the Pensby Hotel.
CH61 8RT

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message

Stehen, I've just spotted your sig.
Where abouts on the Wirral are you?

Hi Vicky, I live in Pensby very close to the Pensby Hotel.

My aunt lives in Greasby, which I think is relatively near
Pensby. Not 100% sure where you are. :-)

I'm originally from New Brighton
(where they have a lovely* new morrisons/Home+Bargain/cinema on
the front)

Greasby is just a stones throw from Pensby.
I know the store manager in the New Brighton Morrisons store.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message

(where they have a lovely* new morrisons/Home+Bargain/cinema on
the front)

Greasby is just a stones throw from Pensby.

Don't throw stones at my aunt!

I know the store manager in the New Brighton Morrisons store.

My mum loves the place, she visits a couple of times a week at
reducing time. ;-) My dad has newly discovered the butter pies
that I lived on at university! (even better when they're down to
35p for 2)

Don't tell your friend, but I had to complain about the shop when
it first opened. I bought a packet of 4 cheese + onion pasties,
ate 3 (not all in one go!) and took the 4th to work for lunch.
Turned out (I found when I cut them open, not bit into,
fortunaetly) the last was a meat one. :-( Got a 5 pound voucher
to compensate. (Which was nice. Although when almost exactly
the same thing happened in the early 90s with me and Tesco, they
sent 25 pound voucher! That's recession for you, I guess!)

I suppose the refund would depend on the value of the item, the
pasties would come under FFPP which stand for Fresh Food Pre-Pack
which is not prepared in-sore so that would not really be the
fault of the store but they would still be held responsible
because they sold it. I bought a pizza from the West Kirby store
which was in the normal cardboard box but when opened and cooked
it was off, I think the box had become unfrozen and then refrozen,
this happens all the time, but you can't check everything.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

wrote:
Turned out (I found when I cut them open, not bit into,
fortunaetly) the last was a meat one. :-( Got a 5 pound voucher
to compensate. (Which was nice. Although when almost exactly
the same thing happened in the early 90s with me and Tesco, they
sent 25 pound voucher! That's recession for you, I guess!)

I suppose the refund would depend on the value of the item, the
pasties would come under FFPP which stand for Fresh Food Pre-Pack
which is not prepared in-sore so that would not really be the
fault of the store but they would still be held responsible
because they sold it.

Ah,but when it happened at Tesco many years earlier, it was /exactly the
same thing/, except it was 1 pasty, not 4. Although the tesco one was
chicken tikka, which actually made me feel ill, cos I bit into it, and I
really can't do anything Indian-spiced. :-(

I bought a pizza from the West Kirby store

First time I hit the pavement during driving lessons was coming out of that
car park and turning left! My driving instructor was shrieking at me, and I
couldn't figure out what at. Totally missed seeing that weird jutting out bit
of kerb.

which was in the normal cardboard box but when opened and cooked
it was off, I think the box had become unfrozen and then refrozen,
this happens all the time, but you can't check everything.

I must admit, I worry about wehether things in supermarket freezers have
stayed frozen all the time or not, given how many times I spot them hanging
around in the wrong place (ie, in the fridge). How often, I wonder, does
someone pick something up that has been put in the wrong place and put it
back? Or even carried around in a basket for an hour or two then put back
cos they don't want it? Before even thinking about the shop doing something
wrong.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message

Turned out (I found when I cut them open, not bit into,
fortunaetly) the last was a meat one. :-( Got a 5 pound voucher
to compensate. (Which was nice. Although when almost exactly
the same thing happened in the early 90s with me and Tesco, they
sent 25 pound voucher! That's recession for you, I guess!)

I suppose the refund would depend on the value of the item, the
pasties would come under FFPP which stand for Fresh Food Pre-Pack
which is not prepared in-sore so that would not really be the
fault of the store but they would still be held responsible
because they sold it.

Ah,but when it happened at Tesco many years earlier, it was
/exactly the same thing/, except it was 1 pasty, not 4. Although
the tesco one was chicken tikka, which actually made me feel ill,
cos I bit into it, and I really can't do anything Indian-spiced.
:-(

I bought a pizza from the West Kirby store

First time I hit the pavement during driving lessons was coming
out of that car park and turning left! My driving instructor was
shrieking at me, and I couldn't figure out what at. Totally
missed seeing that weird jutting out bit of kerb.

The kerb does stick out especially if you are turning left out the
car park, turning right is easier.

which was in the normal cardboard box but when opened and cooked
it was off, I think the box had become unfrozen and then refrozen,
this happens all the time, but you can't check everything.

I must admit, I worry about wehether things in supermarket
freezers have stayed frozen all the time or not, given how many
times I spot them hanging around in the wrong place (ie, in the
fridge). How often, I wonder, does someone pick something up
that has been put in the wrong place and put it back? Or even
carried around in a basket for an hour or two then put back cos
they don't want it? Before even thinking about the shop doing
something wrong.

I shudder to think about what goes on in some stores that we don't
know about.

Anyway back on topic, does anyone know what variety these chickens
are? I don't recognise them but folk here might.

http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.c...e/chickens.jpg

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Jan 9, 10:24*am, wrote:
In message
* * * * * wrote:

wrote:
[...]

From the Wirral Peninsula.
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes
"Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble". Henry Royce- Hide quoted text -

Look like Silkies to me
David
Old 09-01-2012, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
Dave Hill wrote:

[snip]

Anyway back on topic, does anyone know what variety these chickens
are? I don't recognise them but folk here might.

http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.c...e/chickens.jpg

Stephen.

Look like Silkies to me
David

Thanks, they are local to me and I might even end up with a couple
of them.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Anyway back on topic, does anyone know what variety these chickens
are? I don't recognise them but folk here might.

http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.c...e/chickens.jpg

Stephen.

Look like Silkies to me
David

Thanks, they are local to me and I might even end up with a couple
of them.

Stephen.

I was just going to reply - silkies, but Stephen beat me to it!

Ros
Old 11-01-2012, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Jan 11, 2:47*pm, Ros Butt
wrote:
Anyway back on topic, does anyone know what variety these chickens
are? I don't recognise them but folk here might.

http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.c...e/chickens.jpg

Stephen.
Look like Silkies to me
David

Thanks, they are local to me and I might even end up with a couple
of them.

Stephen.

I was just going to reply - silkies, but Stephen beat me to it!

Ros

No he didn't.
Read the reply.
Remember chickens come at all ages from Day old to Oven ready.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On Jan 11, 2:47 pm, Ros Butt
wrote:
Anyway back on topic, does anyone know what variety these chickens
are? I don't recognise them but folk here might.

http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.c...e/chickens.jpg

Stephen.
Look like Silkies to me
David

Thanks, they are local to me and I might even end up with a couple
of them.

Stephen.

I was just going to reply - silkies, but Stephen beat me to it!

Ros

No he didn't.
Read the reply.
Remember chickens come at all ages from Day old to Oven ready.

and whilst POL are the best, they are the most expensive :-((

Day Old and bring them on.

Mike
Been there, done that, buy eggs from Supermarket

Even chickens get a better life under new animal laws [email protected] United Kingdom 0 15-07-2004 01:16 PM
Chickens in my Garden Ken Gardening 5 07-05-2004 06:06 PM
Bindii & Free range chickens Angelo & Yvette Australia 1 31-08-2003 08:12 PM
Slug pellets and chickens??? shannie United Kingdom 12 25-04-2003 08:10 PM
rooster & chickens for sale Joe Thornton Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:10 AM