Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-01-2012, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hedge timming advise please

Hi there,

I planted an oval leaf privet hedge 7 years ago and as it was mainly
used for pivacy, I let the hedge grow tall rather than wide. It has
been at the right heigfht for a few years now, but does not seem to be
that bushy. What's the best time of year to really cut the hedge back
and should I lop off a couple ofr feet from the top and trim the sides
right back, would that make the hedge grow a bit bushier? Do I do
this before spring or should I wait untiul March before hacking away
at it?

Thanks in advance!
Simon

Timming advice Bruce Musgrove Roses 3 22-04-2006 09:56 PM
Enlarging my pond, please advise IceEros Ponds 13 12-07-2003 05:44 AM
crown rot -- please advise! Tanya Orchids 8 04-03-2003 05:39 PM
Old aluminium roof under pond liner,good idea or not? please advise John Ponds 4 29-01-2003 08:03 PM
Old aluminium roof on top of pond liner,good idea or not? please advise John Ponds 2 28-01-2003 06:00 PM