Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Way OT food processors

I have a very old but serviceable Kenwood Chef, complete with
liquidiser. I am looking for a food processor to supplement this for
shredding, slicing etc. any recommendations please, or models to avoid?
I know I am well off topic, but suspect there is a lot of expertise here
on this subject, who will be willing to help.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Moonraker wrote in :

I have a very old but serviceable Kenwood Chef, complete with
liquidiser. I am looking for a food processor to supplement this for
shredding, slicing etc. any recommendations please, or models to avoid?
I know I am well off topic, but suspect there is a lot of expertise here
on this subject, who will be willing to help.

We have a Kenwood FP920 and although quite expensive, would not be without
it.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/4234133.htm

It does big batches, ideal for preparing gluts of produce from the garden,
and thats why I think you are ON topic.

Baz
Old 05-02-2012, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote in
news
On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 12:16:07 GMT, Baz wrote:

Moonraker wrote in
:

I have a very old but serviceable Kenwood Chef, complete with
liquidiser. I am looking for a food processor to supplement this for
shredding, slicing etc. any recommendations please, or models to
avoid? I know I am well off topic, but suspect there is a lot of
expertise here on this subject, who will be willing to help.

We have a Kenwood FP920 and although quite expensive, would not be
without it.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/4234133.htm

£95 from Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...21630?url=sear
ch-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Kenwood+Multi-Pro+FP920+Food+Processor&x=
0&y=0

It does big batches, ideal for preparing gluts of produce from the
garden, and thats why I think you are ON topic.

We had two blenders on a 'kin Kenwood Chef and gave up.
The way the blade is attached isn't strong enough

If this is the same model you may need to go to the manufacturer if you
bought it from Amazons erm shops. I doubt you will have success with an
exchange or refurbishment!

Baz
Old 05-02-2012, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2/5/2012 4:14 AM, Moonraker wrote:
I have a very old but serviceable Kenwood Chef, complete with
liquidiser. I am looking for a food processor to supplement this for
shredding, slicing etc. any recommendations please, or models to avoid?
I know I am well off topic, but suspect there is a lot of expertise here
on this subject, who will be willing to help.

Assuming you just want it for slicing and shredding, why not buy an
attachment for the Chef? I found a very good one, barely used, on eBay.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I have a very old but serviceable Kenwood Chef, complete with
liquidiser. I am looking for a food processor to supplement this for
shredding, slicing etc. any recommendations please, or models to avoid?
I know I am well off topic, but suspect there is a lot of expertise here
on this subject, who will be willing to help.
Why not buy an attachment for the Kenwood? My wife let all the smoke escape out of her 25 year old one so we sent it back to Kenwood and had it upgraded to the more powerful motor and a service ( cost about £100) it better than new how and drives all her attachments perfectly.

Buy Attachments
Old 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2/6/2012 4:30 AM, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 08:16:21 -0500, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 2/5/2012 4:14 AM, Moonraker wrote:
I have a very old but serviceable Kenwood Chef, complete with
liquidiser. I am looking for a food processor to supplement this for
shredding, slicing etc. any recommendations please, or models to avoid?
I know I am well off topic, but suspect there is a lot of expertise here
on this subject, who will be willing to help.

Assuming you just want it for slicing and shredding, why not buy an
attachment for the Chef? I found a very good one, barely used, on eBay.

which attachment, Sheila?

This one -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-AT998A-Slicer-Shredder-Attachment/dp/B0000ZQQ6M

It's continuous feed, so you can do large quantities without needing to
stop, disassemble, empty, reassemble, start over.
I don't know if it's still being produced, but the one I bought on eBay
looked unused and worked perfectly.
Lots of people get attachments as gifts, or buy them _thinking_ they'll
use them, then the box sits unopened in a cupboard...eBay is great for
buying things like that!
Old 06-02-2012, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On 2/5/2012 4:14 AM, Moonraker wrote:
I have a very old but serviceable Kenwood Chef, complete with
liquidiser. I am looking for a food processor to supplement this for
shredding, slicing etc. any recommendations please, or models to avoid?
I know I am well off topic, but suspect there is a lot of expertise
here
on this subject, who will be willing to help.

Assuming you just want it for slicing and shredding, why not buy an
attachment for the Chef? I found a very good one, barely used, on eBay.

which attachment, Sheila?

This one -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-AT998A-Slicer-Shredder-Attachment/dp/B0000ZQQ6M

I have three attachments for the original Kenwood Chef 901 :-

Shredder and slicer A929 (boxed, unused)
Mincer A920 (ex. condition, boxed, little used)
Bean and peel slicer A932 (ex. condition, boxed, little used)

If you are interested, email me with an offer

Phil
(Northern Highlands of Scotland)

Old 06-02-2012, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On 2/5/2012 4:14 AM, Moonraker wrote:
I have a very old but serviceable Kenwood Chef, complete with
liquidiser. I am looking for a food processor to supplement this for
shredding, slicing etc. any recommendations please, or models to avoid?
I know I am well off topic, but suspect there is a lot of expertise here
on this subject, who will be willing to help.

Assuming you just want it for slicing and shredding, why not buy an
attachment for the Chef? I found a very good one, barely used, on eBay.

which attachment, Sheila?

Here's one on eBay UK -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenwood-Slicer-shredder-Attachment-A998-/200708455180?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Mixers&hash =item2ebb27fb0c
Old 06-02-2012, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote in
:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...96117-6721630?

url=sear
ch-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Kenwood+Multi-Pro+FP920

+Food+Processor&x=
0&y=0

It does big batches, ideal for preparing gluts of produce from the
garden, and thats why I think you are ON topic.

We had two blenders on a 'kin Kenwood Chef and gave up.
The way the blade is attached isn't strong enough

If this is the same model you may need to go to the manufacturer if you
bought it from Amazons erm shops. I doubt you will have success with an
exchange or refurbishment!

There is no problem with Amazon exchanging things under guarantee.

Sorry Martin but I have to disagree. I suppose we all have a different
experience, and mine have been left wanting. Your experience is good.
Mine is not. I will give Amazon another try though, thanks to your
recommendation.

Baz

Old 06-02-2012, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote in
:

You need to distinguish between Amazon selling the goods and
people/companies selling goods via Amazon. Amazon themselves are OK.

And that is my point.

Baz
Old 15-02-2012, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , chris French
writes
I bought a Magimix (large) FP in 1982 which was in almost daily use
for 28 years until I retired it 2 years ago.

I'd go for a Magimix to make cakes as well as chop etc. Mine is in
almost daily use and can whizz up all in one cakes (as per Mary berry
recipes) really quickly and very efficiently.
i do have the grand cuisine one not the piddly little thing but I
wouldn't be without it at all!

The people on the Great Bake series used the Artisan which costs such
serious money I wouldn't consider it even though it could probably do
buttercream better than the Magimix.
--
Janet Tweedy