Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default At Last!

There's this funny wet stuff falling from the sky here in sunny South
Wales. Not white like wot they had in Scotland but still wet. I can
almost see the plants stretching out to catch some.

Getting heavier as I type.

Luvvvly!

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the east end of the temporarily damp
but still sunny Swansea Bay.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 13:21:46 +0100, Jake
wrote:

There's this funny wet stuff falling from the sky here in sunny South
Wales. Not white like wot they had in Scotland but still wet. I can
almost see the plants stretching out to catch some.

Getting heavier as I type.

Luvvvly!

Oh well, that was a hopeful 8 minutes. Now not a decent rain cloud in
sight! But we live in hope.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

There's this funny wet stuff falling from the sky here in sunny South
Wales. Not white like wot they had in Scotland but still wet. I can
almost see the plants stretching out to catch some.

Getting heavier as I type.

Luvvvly!

Oh well, that was a hopeful 8 minutes. Now not a decent rain cloud in
sight! But we live in hope.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the east end of the temporarily damp
but still sunny Swansea Bay.

Lovely and sunny here.

Cut the grass.

We have the window cleaners in as I type.

and

Dark clouds on the horizon!!

Windows nice and clean and .............. rain?

Old 03-04-2012, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jake wrote in
:

wrote:

There's this funny wet stuff falling from the sky here in sunny South
Wales. Not white like wot they had in Scotland but still wet. I can
almost see the plants stretching out to catch some.

Getting heavier as I type.

Luvvvly!

Oh well, that was a hopeful 8 minutes. Now not a decent rain cloud in
sight! But we live in hope.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the east end of the temporarily damp
but still sunny Swansea Bay.

That is Gods way of punnishment for you being a Taffy!

It has been spitting with rain here for at least 24hrs, no "real" rain,
just enough to get every bricklayer/roofer/carpenter p**sing wet through
after an hour or so. The boss sent our(on the books) workers home.

I am guessing that this rain did not fill our/your reservoirs!

Baz
Old 03-04-2012, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

Lovely and sunny here.

Cut the grass.

We have the window cleaners in as I type.

and

Dark clouds on the horizon!!

Windows nice and clean and .............. rain?

Window cleaners!

You lazy sod!

Who cut the grass? Not you surely.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/04/2012 14:12, Baz wrote:
wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

I put my windscreen wipers on today, fist time for ages, mind you only
the lowest intermittent wipe

Old 03-04-2012, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 13:12:06 GMT, Baz wrote:

Jake wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Yeah! Decided it wasn't going to rain so went out to water things.
Sudden downpour which lasted precisely long enough for me to wind the
hose up again and get indoors soaking wet. Then it stopped raining so
I went back out and finished the watering (still soaking wet). Now
it's a "will it or won't it" time.

Our reservoirs are all decently full and we have no immediate prospect
of hosepipe bans etc., though we will continue to sympathise with our
more unfortunate English neighbours.

Actually today's been the first day this year that I've used the
hosepipe for watering and that was simply because it's time to start
feeding and it's a lot easier with the hose-end feeder than mixing the
feed up by the can-full. And before you ask, I can never leave the
hose lying around unwound when it rains because if I did the cat would
chew a hole in it in no time!

I gave Him upstairs a quick call and He said sorry for not giving me
the rain I'd hoped for but it was a case of the greatest need.
Something about the smell emanating from England because the people
there hadn't had a shower in ages. (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Old 03-04-2012, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

Lovely and sunny here.

Cut the grass.

We have the window cleaners in as I type.

and

Dark clouds on the horizon!!

Windows nice and clean and .............. rain?

Window cleaners!

You lazy sod!

Who cut the grass? Not you surely.

Don't have much of a command of the English Language do you?

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 03-04-2012, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 13:31:18 GMT, Baz wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

Lovely and sunny here.

Cut the grass.

We have the window cleaners in as I type.

and

Dark clouds on the horizon!!

Windows nice and clean and .............. rain?

Window cleaners!

You lazy sod!

Who cut the grass? Not you surely.

I love it, Baz, when all I can see above your message is "[QUOTED
TEXT]".

Anyhow, I put some granular feed on the lawns a couple of days ago to
try and perk them up. That was on the basis of a forecast spell of
heavy rain today which hasn't happened. Should have used liquid feed
as I usually do. So its out with the lawn sprinkler if I can find it.
I know I had one a few years ago .....

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Old 03-04-2012, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 3, 4:57*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Baz" wrote in message

.. .

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

*Lovely and sunny here.

Cut the grass.

We have the window cleaners in as I type.

and

Dark clouds on the horizon!!

Windows nice and clean and .............. rain?

Window cleaners!

You lazy sod!

Who cut the grass? Not you surely.

Don't have much of a command of the English Language do you?

Kindest regards

Mike

I'm an Angel, honest ! The horns are there just to keep the halo straight..

Maybe more so than your own talents for telling the truth! Care to
expand on your past claims to having served as a regular in all 3
armed services?

Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Steerpike" wrote in message
On Apr 3, 4:57 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Baz" wrote in message

.. .

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

Lovely and sunny here.

Cut the grass.

We have the window cleaners in as I type.

and

Dark clouds on the horizon!!

Windows nice and clean and .............. rain?

Window cleaners!

You lazy sod!

Who cut the grass? Not you surely.

Don't have much of a command of the English Language do you?

Kindest regards

Mike

I'm an Angel, honest ! The horns are there just to keep the halo
straight.

Maybe more so than your own talents for telling the truth! Care to
expand on your past claims to having served as a regular in all 3
armed services?

Where did I claim that?

Proof please

Kindest POSSIBLE regards

Mike

Old 03-04-2012, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jake" wrote in message

[...]

Next time could you tell Him upstairs not to mix hailstones in with the
water...we don't need exfoliation or even defoliation! :-)
--

shirley x
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Old 04-04-2012, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jake wrote in
:

I love it, Baz, when all I can see above your message is "[QUOTED
TEXT]".

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the east end of the temporarily damp
but still sunny Swansea Bay.

Jake, I don't understand what you mean.
Is it the way I post? a newsreader problem?

I usually snip out any other items within a reply.

Baz

BTW have you had that plum tree delivered yet?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 09:46:06 GMT, Baz wrote:

Jake wrote in
:

I love it, Baz, when all I can see above your message is "[QUOTED
TEXT]".

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the east end of the temporarily damp
but still sunny Swansea Bay.

Jake, I don't understand what you mean.
Is it the way I post? a newsreader problem?

I usually snip out any other items within a reply.

Baz

BTW have you had that plum tree delivered yet?

Sorry, Baz. You were replying to a post by the nameless one but I've
now got my newsreader configured so that whilst I can read your reply
to him, his bit is replaced with "[QUOTED TEXT]" and I don't have to
read that.

The plum tree is planted and leaf buds are already starting to open.
It's about 5 feet tall (I wanted a dwarf) but time will tell how big
it grows. Now I have to learn something about plum trees. I've read
somewhere that we shouldn't allow fruit to develop in the first year
after planting. With apples and pears, they've never fruited in the
first year so nowt to worry about and in the second year they tend to
self-drop down to a level of fruit which the tree can sustain. So I'm
guessing that plums behave differently. But do I yank off any flower
buds or is it remove flowers as they open or do I allow the flowers to
do their bit and then remove them as they fade?

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the hardly damp east end of Swansea Bay.