Old 07-04-2012, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raining again.

It is pouring with rain here and forecast more rain over the next 5 days.
Its cold too. Not moaning cos we need rain, but whenever I get 2 or 3 days
clear from work there is an obstacle, same for us all I know.

Anyone NOT had rain yet?

Baz
Old 07-04-2012, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Apr 7, 12:35*pm, Baz wrote:
It is pouring with rain here and forecast more rain over the next 5 days.
Its cold too. Not moaning cos we need rain, but whenever I get 2 or 3 days
clear from work there is an obstacle, same for us all I know.

Anyone NOT had rain yet?

Baz

What's Rain?
So long (for us) without rain we have forgoten what it's like.
David @ the once wet end of Swansea Bay
Old 07-04-2012, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On Apr 7, 12:35 pm, Baz wrote:
It is pouring with rain here and forecast more rain over the next 5 days.
Its cold too. Not moaning cos we need rain, but whenever I get 2 or 3 days
clear from work there is an obstacle, same for us all I know.

Anyone NOT had rain yet?

Baz

What's Rain?
So long (for us) without rain we have forgoten what it's like.
David @ the once wet end of Swansea Bay

Slightly damp overnight in Swansea Valley but nothng to speak of.

Bill

Old 07-04-2012, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 05:27:19 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

On Apr 7, 12:35*pm, Baz wrote:
It is pouring with rain here and forecast more rain over the next 5 days.
Its cold too. Not moaning cos we need rain, but whenever I get 2 or 3 days
clear from work there is an obstacle, same for us all I know.

Anyone NOT had rain yet?

Baz

What's Rain?
So long (for us) without rain we have forgoten what it's like.
David @ the once wet end of Swansea Bay

I was thinking, Dave, (based on last year) that if you announce plans
to start planting your Dahlias in the next week we'll get some rain
(well you will anyway). You don't need to actually plant them, just
make serious plans.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the hardly damp east end of Swansea Bay.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-07 12:35:16 +0100, Baz said:

It is pouring with rain here and forecast more rain over the next 5
days. Its cold too. Not moaning cos we need rain, but whenever I get
2 or 3 days clear from work there is an obstacle, same for us all I
know.

Anyone NOT had rain yet?

Baz

We've had so little it barely had the strength to get out of the sky.
It's very cloudy now with shafts of sunlight. The forecast is for
rain, so we'll see.

Well, its slowed down to a light on and off drizzle. The sky is full of
fast moving dark cloud and when the sun gets past them it is quite
pleasant, still quite cold.
Whatever it does, one thing is certain that gardening is out this long
weekend and I am heading for the big shed and work on one of the bikes.
Supposed to be winter projects.

Sit tight and make sure your brolly stand is in good order.
Baz

Old 07-04-2012, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On Apr 7, 12:35 pm, Baz wrote:
It is pouring with rain here and forecast more rain over the next 5
days.
Its cold too. Not moaning cos we need rain, but whenever I get 2 or 3
days
clear from work there is an obstacle, same for us all I know.

Anyone NOT had rain yet?

Baz

What's Rain?
So long (for us) without rain we have forgoten what it's like.
David @ the once wet end of Swansea Bay

I was thinking, Dave, (based on last year) that if you announce plans
to start planting your Dahlias in the next week we'll get some rain
(well you will anyway). You don't need to actually plant them, just
make serious plans.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the hardly damp east end of Swansea Bay.

I wouldn't be too sure. We BOTH washed our cars the other day - zilch.

I've tried all the usual "tricks" - washing cars, cleaning windows,
watering the garden with a watering can (3-4 hours!), putting all my
power tools on the drive for a garage sort-out, an evening with the
lawn sprinkler on (had to do that to water in granular feed) - without
success. But the lesson of history is that whenever Dave plans
anything in his field, it pees down.

Even the sub-zero temperatures forecast haven't yet happened. The
lowest here was 1.2C a couple of nights ago and daytime temperatures
are still peaking around 20C despite the"official" weather stations
saying the max in this "area" has been low teens. Indeed, I was
getting so concerned that my thermometers might be faulty (all 3 of
them) that I bought a 4th but either that's also faulty or the other 3
are accurate.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the hardly damp east end of Swansea Bay.

No, it did work, honest. window cleaners came and within 48 hours it rained!

Got a couple of cars to clean .............................. when it stops
raining ;-)

Mike

Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz[_4_] View Post
It is pouring with rain here and forecast more rain over the next 5 days.
Its cold too. Not moaning cos we need rain, but whenever I get 2 or 3 days
clear from work there is an obstacle, same for us all I know.

Anyone NOT had rain yet?
We've had so much rain over the last 4 years that these last few days of sunshine have been a welcome break! Sorry, I know life's difficult for all you down south, but it is such a change to be getting good weather.
__________________
Old 07-04-2012, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--

Oh, I do hope those of you who haven't any get some soon.

I only had to plant a few seeds on my new allotment which was quite dry and
a day after that 36 hours of continuous rain followed earlier this week.

We haven't put solid paths in yet just scraped them out and my bro says it
will get too muddy if we walk on them when he went down there on Thurs. It
hasn't rained today and we are planning on sowing some beetroot and spinach
tomorrow.
I hope planting my seeds will bring rain for all who need it. It worked for
me ;-)

RAIN SOUND RAINING RAIN RAINY RAINING SOUND RAIN RAINY Kulin Remailer Gardening 1 19-05-2011 02:42 PM
RAIN SOUND RAINING RAIN RAINY RAINING SOUND RAIN RAINY Kulin Remailer Gardening 2 19-05-2011 08:24 AM
It`s raining spikes! Claude Orchids 5 03-12-2004 01:46 PM
It`s raining spikes! Claude Orchids 0 30-11-2004 10:47 PM