Old 14-07-2012, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dyslexia -v- imbecile To Janet and steerpike

Steerpike wrote in
:

On Jul 13, 1:25*pm, Baz wrote:
For your information, Janet, dyslexia is not a disease, and it does
not affect my judgement. Mine is a reading and writing disorder. It
does not make me "thick" or uneducated, I just have to try harder to
understand the written word. My IQ is not an issue here as much as
your delusions of grandeur. Patting me on the head would only result
in a verbal, but polite volley from me, and possibly an allegation of
assault.. Then it would be up to the courts to decide who is an
imbecile.

For you information, my IQ has been tested many times during my life
because of my dyslexia. average over the years is 124 peaking at 133
when I was 18 years old.
I can read music, play the piano and a few other stringed
instruments, play Bridge, oh yes! write music. I am dextrous which is
essential being a carpenter and joiner, and my hobby which is
restoring post war motorcycles. My main hobby now is gardening but I
find time for all of the above.
But, of course anyone can say that in a newsgroup. I am being
sincere.

Baz

If dyslexia is noticed early on and properly dealt with, there is no
reason at all it should be any sort of problem in future. However
anyone who is still having problems in adult life, suggests it wasnt
noticed in childhood, and will be very much more difficult to deal
with.

Please don't talk bull about a subject you obviously know zero about.
Are you suggesting that there is a cure for an illness that does not
exist?
You and Janet should get engaged. Of course you will argue so much
bullshit between you that you will never wed, but I would like to be a
fly on THAT wall.

The general perception of dyslexia is similar to that held by Janet,
but ignorance and intolerance of anyone or anything that might differ
from the accepted norm, is so common nowadays its not really worthy of
mention.

Then why mention it?

Baz

Old 14-07-2012, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 14, 11:25*am, Baz wrote:
Steerpike wrote :

On Jul 13, 1:25*pm, Baz wrote:
[...]

Both my younger brothers were affected by dyslexia, and this problem
was recognised and dealt with early on, it hasnt affected them in any
way during later life.

As to bullshit you seem to be very well versed in this, and seem
comfortable with posting complete nonsense about insurance, flood
damage, etc etc all of which you have got secondhand from people not
able to back up anything they have claimed in writing!

The main problem is that in most cases the parents of those affected
by dyslexia dont actually recognise the fact that there is anything
wrong, and by the time this does become clear, its often too late to
do anything about it.

Those who are affected generally keep quiet about it, and dont use it
as a kind of crutch to gain sympathy from
others......................not so Baz it would appear!
Old 14-07-2012, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 14, 5:05*pm, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

Steerpike wrote in
The general perception of dyslexia is similar to that held by Janet

* I have NOT described dyslexia as a disease, or people with dyslexia as
imbeciles. Those terms were used only by Baz.

* Baz appears to have moved this discussion to this separate thread
deliberately to misrepresent what I posted in another. Those following the
original thread can see for themselves I made no such comment or claims
about dyslexia (or him).

* Janet

I get the feeling that Baz is one of those people who relies on a
problem of some sort (in his case dyslexia), as a means of gaining
sympathy from others.
Old 15-07-2012, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Steerpike wrote in
:

I get the feeling that Baz is one of those people who relies on a
problem of some sort (in his case dyslexia), as a means of gaining
sympathy from others.

Yes, you are correct. NOW will you go to bed and stop bothering people.

Baz

Old 15-07-2012, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 15, 12:39*am, Baz wrote:
Steerpike wrote :

I get the feeling that Baz is one of those people who relies on a
problem of some sort (in his case dyslexia), as a means of gaining
sympathy from others.

Yes, you are correct. NOW will you go to bed and stop bothering people.

Baz

Both of my brothers have dyslexia but neither is in the habit of
mentioning this to anyone who will listen..............why not follow
their examples?
Old 15-07-2012, 12:54 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post

Both of my brothers have dyslexia but neither is in the habit of
mentioning this to anyone who will listen..............why not follow
their examples?
Baz is in a group where the means of communication is written, and it is helpful to the rest of us to have a distinction between dyslexic and "can't be bothered".
__________________
Old 15-07-2012, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , says...

As Baz says, dyslexia does not
equate to thick,

Competent readers will have noticed, that nobody in this group
suggested it does. Nor did anybody (other than Baz) introduce the terms
illness, disease, or imbecile.

Janet.

Old 15-07-2012, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 15, 4:51*pm, Baz wrote:
Janet wrote in news:MPG.2a6cf4fcb68f879198b7d4
@news.eternal-september.org:

In article , says...

As Baz says, dyslexia does not
equate to thick,

* *Competent readers will have noticed, that nobody in this group
suggested it does. Nor did anybody (other than Baz) introduce the terms
illness, disease, or imbecile.

* * Janet.

Wrong YET again.

Baz

Sorry Baz it seems you started this particular thread, and used the
word "Imbecile" in the title. Reading posts from you suggesting you
have taken professional advice on matters to do with both law and
insurance cover, and have not bothered to get the said advice in
writing suggests perhaps you are familiar with the meaning of the word
imbecile?

Old 16-07-2012, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Kathy
writes
I can not give directions. I find myself saying "Turn right " while
indicating left, or saying completely daft things like "that way" or
"turn here" with no indication of direction

Ah yes - but that's not being a dyslexic - its a result of having 2 X
chromosomes

--
regards andyw
Old 16-07-2012, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"news" wrote in message
In article , Kathy writes
I can not give directions. I find myself saying "Turn right " while
indicating left, or saying completely daft things like "that way" or "turn
here" with no indication of direction

Ah yes - but that's not being a dyslexic - its a result of having 2 X
chromosomes

You are on *very* shaky ground here Andyw. I might just mis direct
something your way :-}

--
Kathy

Old 16-07-2012, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Kathy wrote:
I can not give directions. I find myself saying "Turn right " while
indicating left, or saying completely daft things like "that way" or "turn
here" with no indication of direction

Ah yes - but that's not being a dyslexic - its a result of having 2 X
chromosomes

You are on *very* shaky ground here Andyw. I might just mis direct
something your way :-}

Presumably whatever it was would fall short due to "throwing like a girl"
syndrome? (Both my boys are experts at Throwing Like A Girl)
Old 17-07-2012, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kathy" wrote in message
"news" wrote in message
In article , Kathy writes
I can not give directions. I find myself saying "Turn right " while
indicating left, or saying completely daft things like "that way" or
"turn here" with no indication of direction

Ah yes - but that's not being a dyslexic - its a result of having 2 X
chromosomes

You are on *very* shaky ground here Andyw. I might just mis direct
something your way :-}

lol well I do know right from left, but apart from that I have *no* sense of
direction.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 17-07-2012, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7/17/2012 11:53 AM, Ophelia wrote:
"Kathy" wrote
"news" wrote
Kathy wrote
I can not give directions. I find myself saying "Turn right " while
indicating left, or saying completely daft things like "that way" or
"turn here" with no indication of direction

Ah yes - but that's not being a dyslexic - its a result of having 2 X
chromosomes

You are on *very* shaky ground here Andyw. I might just mis direct
something your way :-}

lol well I do know right from left, but apart from that I have *no*
sense of direction.

My Dad had absolutely _no_ sense of direction - he was a brilliant
scientist, but practical things eluded him.