Old 15-07-2012, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Attn: steerpike

You denied that you called me an imbecile.
Well, look at this.

Steerpike wrote in
:

On Jul 12, 1:21*pm, Baz wrote:
Martin Brown wrote
innews:ebvLr.2047$w

:

That way you will at least stand some chance of success in future.

I didn't get where I am today by being somewhere else!
I am not the fool you think I am (translation)

I did not ask for advice on this subject, but accept gladly even so.
It proves to me that people either want to help, or try to insist,
without a

ny
qualifications that I can see, that they know best. This is not aimed
at you, Martin Brown.(there is another Martin)

I have been reporting to this group the conditions of my personal and
loc

al
circumstances and sometimes I have been very frustrated with all that
is going on around me.
I think it is on topic, borderline I know.
There are people in this group that actually care about this and the
possibilily that it might affect them when the weather turns.

My rant is over and drawn a line under it.

Best wishes .
Baz

"I am not the fool you think I am (translation)"

I wouldnt say you were a fool...............I think the word imbecile
is far more appropriate, as you seem quite unaware of the fact you may
in effect end up with a property which is pretty much worthless, and
you dont seem to have a clue as to how to address this situation!

Old 15-07-2012, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 15, 7:39*pm, Baz wrote:
You denied that you called me an imbecile.
Well, look at this.

Steerpike wrote :

On Jul 12, 1:21*pm, Baz wrote:
Martin Brown wrote
innews:ebvLr.2047$w

:

[...]

I didnt deny it at all.............bearing in mind the way you have
dealt with those providing advice related to flood damage, use of the
word seems appropriate.
Old 16-07-2012, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Baz
writes
You denied that you called me an imbecile.
Well, look at this.

I think it was Janet that disputed that, among other things.

Though I suggest leaving this sort of thing to lie, rather than starting
another thread devoted to it. Most people don't care about stupid things
others say about someone else on Usenet.

I had no idea about any of this silliness until you drew attention to
it.
--
Chris French

Old 16-07-2012, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Chris Hogg wrote in
news
On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:09:58 +0100, chris French
wrote:

In message , Baz
writes
You denied that you called me an imbecile.
Well, look at this.

I think it was Janet that disputed that, among other things.

Though I suggest leaving this sort of thing to lie, rather than starting
another thread devoted to it. Most people don't care about stupid things
others say about someone else on Usenet.

I had no idea about any of this silliness until you drew attention to
it.

I agree. If you don't like what people say, just kill file them for
goodness sake, then you won't see them and won't be upset by them.
Thankfully URG is usually free of flame wars: please don't start one.

Yes, I feel foolish now. How could I have responded in that way?
I feel ashamed of myself now. Made a right fool of myself. At my age!

Best wishes.
Baz
Old 16-07-2012, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
..
I agree. If you don't like what people say, just kill file them for
goodness sake, then you won't see them and won't be upset by them.
Thankfully URG is usually free of flame wars: please don't start one.

Yes, I feel foolish now. How could I have responded in that way?
I feel ashamed of myself now. Made a right fool of myself. At my age!

Best wishes.
Baz

There's just a couple of sad people here whose enjoyment in life derives
from goading others. Just go on your own sweet way and ignore them. Most
people here are friendly and knowledgeable and don't have to diminish
others to prove themselves so.

Very nicely put, Sacha! In my case I am nervous about asking questions so
basic that our Baz will guffaw at me!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 16-07-2012, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Chris Hogg wrote:
If you don't like what people say, just kill file them

I thought that sounded a bit harsh, then noticed the word 'file' in there!
Old 16-07-2012, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
Chris Hogg wrote:
If you don't like what people say, just kill file them

I thought that sounded a bit harsh, then noticed the word 'file' in there!

Reminds me of when we had a spate of thefts on our lottie field. The
committee put up signs saying anyone caught removing anything from another
plot without permission would be executed!
I remarked to Ann that I didn't think that was legal. She told me to put my
glasses on.

It actually said they would be evicted :-}

--
Kathy

Old 17-07-2012, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-07-16 18:34:44 +0100, "Ophelia" said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.
I agree. If you don't like what people say, just kill file them for
goodness sake, then you won't see them and won't be upset by them.
Thankfully URG is usually free of flame wars: please don't start one.

Yes, I feel foolish now. How could I have responded in that way?
I feel ashamed of myself now. Made a right fool of myself. At my age!

Best wishes.
Baz

There's just a couple of sad people here whose enjoyment in life derives
from goading others. Just go on your own sweet way and ignore them.
Most people here are friendly and knowledgeable and don't have to
diminish others to prove themselves so.

Very nicely put, Sacha! In my case I am nervous about asking questions
so basic that our Baz will guffaw at me!

There are no silly questions, etc!

Hmmm I might mail you with it

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 17-07-2012, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kathy" wrote in message
wrote in message
Chris Hogg wrote:
If you don't like what people say, just kill file them

I thought that sounded a bit harsh, then noticed the word 'file' in
there!

Reminds me of when we had a spate of thefts on our lottie field. The
committee put up signs saying anyone caught removing anything from another
plot without permission would be executed!
I remarked to Ann that I didn't think that was legal. She told me to put
my glasses on.

It actually said they would be evicted :-}

lol

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 17-07-2012, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.
I agree. If you don't like what people say, just kill file them for
goodness sake, then you won't see them and won't be upset by them.
Thankfully URG is usually free of flame wars: please don't start
one.

Yes, I feel foolish now. How could I have responded in that way?
I feel ashamed of myself now. Made a right fool of myself. At my
age!

Best wishes.
Baz

There's just a couple of sad people here whose enjoyment in life
derives from goading others. Just go on your own sweet way and ignore
them. Most people here are friendly and knowledgeable and don't have
to diminish others to prove themselves so.

Very nicely put, Sacha! In my case I am nervous about asking
questions so basic that our Baz will guffaw at me!

Our Baz has never "guffawed" at you. Have I? Not a chance of that. I
thought that we have got on great! If I have written anything that has
insulted or annoyed you. Sorry.

Baz

Old 17-07-2012, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message

Very nicely put, Sacha! In my case I am nervous about asking
questions so basic that our Baz will guffaw at me!

Our Baz has never "guffawed" at you. Have I? Not a chance of that. I
thought that we have got on great! If I have written anything that has
insulted or annoyed you. Sorry.

Nahh don't be daft! You have never guffawed at me! T'was a joke dear Baz, I
promise

Although if you knew what my question is you just might and I wouldn't blame
you) If Sacha thinks I might not get laughed at too much, I might post
it

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 17-07-2012, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message

Very nicely put, Sacha! In my case I am nervous about asking
questions so basic that our Baz will guffaw at me!

Our Baz has never "guffawed" at you. Have I? Not a chance of that. I
thought that we have got on great! If I have written anything that
has insulted or annoyed you. Sorry.

Nahh don't be daft! You have never guffawed at me! T'was a joke dear
Baz, I promise

Although if you knew what my question is you just might and I wouldn't
blame you) If Sacha thinks I might not get laughed at too much, I
might post it

Well, it's about potatoes grown in a tub... does your email work?

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Old 17-07-2012, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-07-17 17:21:20 +0100, "Ophelia" said:

"Baz" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message

Very nicely put, Sacha! In my case I am nervous about asking
questions so basic that our Baz will guffaw at me!

Our Baz has never "guffawed" at you. Have I? Not a chance of that. I
thought that we have got on great! If I have written anything that
has insulted or annoyed you. Sorry.

Nahh don't be daft! You have never guffawed at me! T'was a joke dear
Baz, I promise

Although if you knew what my question is you just might and I wouldn't
blame you) If Sacha thinks I might not get laughed at too much, I
might post it

Well, it's about potatoes grown in a tub... does your email work?

--

The address you have should work but I've had problems in the last couple
of hours.

I meant Baz You should already have it g

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 17-07-2012, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-07-17 16:50:10 +0100, "Ophelia" said:

"Baz" wrote in message

Very nicely put, Sacha! In my case I am nervous about asking
questions so basic that our Baz will guffaw at me!

Our Baz has never "guffawed" at you. Have I? Not a chance of that. I
thought that we have got on great! If I have written anything that has
insulted or annoyed you. Sorry.

Nahh don't be daft! You have never guffawed at me! T'was a joke dear
Baz, I
promise

Although if you knew what my question is you just might and I wouldn't
blame
you) If Sacha thinks I might not get laughed at too much, I might
post it

--

Oh go on - we're all dying with curiosity now!!

And with a day of fog and on and off drizzle we need something to cheer
us up, promise I wont laugh out loud, well not loud enough for you to hear.
David @ a foggy and damp end of Swansea Bay where November seem to have
set in.